• World of Tanks - Ramen Speed
    33,246 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Mbbird;40966675]They can't even be THAT insulted, unless TYR happens to be a 30 y/o + clan or something.[/QUOTE] Actually most French Canadian gaming clans seem to be composed of 30-40 years old autistic pedophiles with an inferiority complex. Believe me, I speak from experience.
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5925/shot226b.jpg[/img] With enough KV-5s, anything is possible.
Comrade Stallin's guidance lifted us up to the Mighty Olympus [img]http://i.imgur.com/RyLVLup.jpg?1[/img] Our KV-5's have never been mightier.
[QUOTE=Mbbird;40967082]yes it does [editline]9th June 2013[/editline] I'm not going to pick this apart, I just ask you read the post 2nd from the top on this page. [editline]a[/editline] dumbs all around, hooray for understanding each other![/QUOTE] Maybe because you ignored the entirety of my post.
FPFP: Bringing glorious Soviet steel to new heights!
[QUOTE=Squad1993;40967311]Maybe because you ignored the entirety of my post.[/QUOTE] I didn't, it just so happened in the 3rd or whatever sentence you said something we shouldn't agree on. The rest is either agreeable or not worth arguing over.
So this tournament starts tomorrow? I think I might actually join FPFP, at least until the tournament ends. Gearing up a cunningham right now..
I've got my Cunningham, Cruiser Mk III, Chi-Ha, Hetzer, and M4 Sherman ready to go for campaign, with a backup for most of the tiers. Cromwell will be ready by the 20th. I'm p excited.
What's everyone's position on buying promo codes from other people?
[QUOTE=Cookie;40967565]What's everyone's position on buying promo codes from other people?[/QUOTE] dont get scammed
Well, despite a crappy last few days of tanks for me. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JkRf9IE.png?1[/IMG] [IMG_THUMB]http://i.imgur.com/vL4toZG.jpg?1[/IMG_THUMB] I finally got my Leopard! [sup]Kind of.[/sup] [sub]well okay not really.[/sub]
[QUOTE=Squad1993;40967073]Ok, so we made TYR buttmad. Whoopdedoo. How many clans have we pissed off since we formed? Does it really matter who we supposedly upset?[/QUOTE] The difference between pissing off STOUT or whoever and TYR is that TYR is actually good. TYR was friendly with us. TYR has power. I honestly don't care if you talk shit to bad clans or other players. Really. [QUOTE=Squad1993;40967073]Also, TYR started talking shit FIRST. We didn't, they started this bullshit. We figured, well what the hell and talked shit back, in proper FP fashion. But they get all upset and whine and we get shafted for it? It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE] Incorrect, here's what was said: Lordriki: hows that for a rematch? (note the lack of TYR tags) xx1 [FPFP]: You still got turbo wrecked the first match xx1 [FPFP]: and crippled the second xx2 [FPFP]: can't be hard with arty spam xx1 [FPFP]: better yet you got wrecked ON STREAM xx3 [FPFP]: y'all need to drop the arty and grow some balls xx4 [FPFP]: PENIS Lonewulff: u guys suck (again, note lack of TYR tags) xx5 [FPFP]: better than u scrub tyr1 [TYR]: easy to cry when loosing <-- only one with TYR tags to say anything, this is all he said, he has already been talked to <floodgates opened for FPFP insults> ... [QUOTE]Its a god damn video game and if you take everyone you meet online seriously then you have a SERIOUS issue.[/QUOTE] Unfortunately, we're not "everyone you meet online," we've had good diplomatic relations with TYR for well over a month now, and have been looking to them as friends and allies for the future. [QUOTE]No one should be punished for this, a warning, fine, but no one should be removed or punished for tonight.[/QUOTE] You're right, for the most part after I asked you to stop, you really did stop and I'd like to thank those of you that did for doing so. I hope you will all take those events of tonight as a warning, and tone down any offensive behavior, especially against good players. I really don't want to punish or kick anyone out. On the other hand, there were some others (one or two of you in particular) who continued to do it after the warning, and that's really not okay. We'll talk and come to an agreement on what exactly will be done. [QUOTE]I joined this clan to fuck around and troll people, if this won't be the case anymore then I don't want to be in the clan, it's as simple as that. I hope we won't change for gold and a tank for a video game. If it was real life money then I'd be upset too, but it's not and we shouldn't all get so obsessed over something that is insignificant as an online video game. Also, I could've sworn that we werent going to help TYR anyway?[/QUOTE] Perhaps this is a good time to clarify what FPFP is about again. We've never really described it outright before, but there's a few elements that make FPFP FPFP. The player base at Facepunch is younger than the average WoT clan. WoT is a bit unusual in that there is a huge community of older players and military veterans that play it for the tanks and history that you don't find with many other common MMOs available on the market today. Facepunchers are internet-savvy and [I]generally[/I] good at games and not so good with other people. (You're posting on internet forums for a videogame...) As such, many FPers don't value maturity as much as other clans. That's okay. But it's important to remember that other people still value those things. We can't completely disregard them because we don't value them. People outside of the FP demographic don't have the same sense of humor, sarcasm, or understanding of "memes" as a Facepuncher. Please be thoughtful of other people when you play. Yes, we're here to fuck around and troll people. We're also here to win. In response to Valdor's earlier "You're turning into Goon" comment, I'd like to remind you that Goon didn't believe in diplomacy, and that diplomacy is one of two reasons that we've been able to hold our land for 60 days now. Diplomacy is important to win. Therefore, let's remember to be thoughtful of other people, [I]especially important ones[/I]. Not everyone is going to be the same, and everyone is going to have a different understanding of the text that you type. [I]Sarcasm isn't expressed well in text form.[/I] If we work with NTR, there's a chance that yes, maybe they will get your humor. I'd like to, for the most part, put this behind us, and focus on those M60s for the next few weeks. Keep this in the back of your mind when you're interacting with other players, and think twice before you hit enter. You're all essentially representatives of the clan, and little things that are said can come back to bite everyone in the ass. Bottom line is, when you tread the fine line between trolling and being an outright asshole, don't fall on the wrong side.
[QUOTE=acidcj;40967588] stuff.[/QUOTE] ok, fair enough. We'll tone it down, but the second any clan, no matter who they are, starts talking shit with us, you know how we're going to handle it.
By turning into goon I meant "no fun allowed" combined with getting pissed off over every little thing
[QUOTE=Valdor;40967571]dont get scammed[/QUOTE] Well I'm the one with two sets of extra promo codes I can't use. (1 use per account thing)
[QUOTE=Cookie;40967707]Well I'm the one with two sets of extra promo codes I can't use. (1 use per account thing)[/QUOTE] Oh so you're selling them? Whatever makes you money, I don't see anything wrong with it. Goons do it all the time
[QUOTE=Cookie;40967707]Well I'm the one with two sets of extra promo codes I can't use. (1 use per account thing)[/QUOTE] What codes are they, are they server specific, what do you want for them?
Well I just sent a short novel to whoever handles applications. Sorry about that. :v: I can't believe I have 33 tanks in my garage right now. And that's [i]after[/i] I sold a bunch. 10 tier 8s as well. :v:
[QUOTE=acidcj;40967588][/QUOTE] For the record, I see no need to censor my name from what I said ("can't be hard with arty spam"). Who DOESN'T say crap like that when arty spam is present?
[QUOTE=Squad1993;40967650]ok, fair enough. We'll tone it down, but the second any clan, no matter who they are, starts talking shit with us, you know how we're going to handle it.[/QUOTE] I wrote a huge wall of text to support this but I didn't post it cause [i]drama[/i]. Basically, we've got ourselves under control and we aren't going to actively try to get ourselves banned from anything we can get ourselves banned from cause thats dumb, but we're not going to ignore bitch-babies who try to start something with us. When the sharks smell the blood on the water and the injured prey, they move in for the kill.
Reminder that many tanks including low tier ones on sale for the next 7 hours [url]http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/d-day-weekend/[/url]
Speaking of ntr, during and after the m60 event we should try and get them as buddies. I feel acid is right that we do have a lot in common i.e. shit talking, young, and imho under rated clans.
[QUOTE=gufu;40966854]Seriously, if they take something like this seriously, they should really reconsider the goals of their lives. They are getting really mad over A Game of Tanks. Clearly we need a Half-Man to deal with this.[/QUOTE] I find this funny, as I run my game through Steam and I've named the games list shortcut as "A Game of Tanks".
Crew skills for E8?
[QUOTE=Squad1993;40967073]Ok, so we made TYR buttmad. Whoopdedoo. How many clans have we pissed off since we formed? Does it really matter who we supposedly upset? Also, TYR started talking shit FIRST. We didn't, they started this bullshit. We figured, well what the hell and talked shit back, in proper FP fashion. But they get all upset and whine and we get shafted for it? It's ridiculous. Its a god damn video game and if you take everyone you meet online seriously then you have a SERIOUS issue. No one should be punished for this, a warning, fine, but no one should be removed or punished for tonight. I joined this clan to fuck around and troll people, if this won't be the case anymore then I don't want to be in the clan, it's as simple as that. I hope we won't change for gold and a tank for a video game. If it was real life money then I'd be upset too, but it's not and we shouldn't all get so obsessed over something that is insignificant as an online video game. Also, I could've sworn that we werent going to help TYR anyway? Whatever man. As it stands, I believe no one should be punished for tonight, period.[/QUOTE] Not to bring this back up, but I want to provide some perspective onto the side that "takes it seriously"; for me, it's not that trolling and such actually upset me, but such actions do project (to me) an image of a player's or (if not stopped) a clan's mentality. That being one of someone who doesn't take the game seriously or simply has little to no respect. Now, why would anyone want to work with people like that? If someone doesn't respect you, or your clan, or whatever, then what's to say they will respect the deals they make. If they think the entire game is meaningless, then what's to stop them from pulling some shit when you need their help in clan wars? Generally speaking, it's simply safer to go with clans who do, at the very least, project they are serious and take the game seriously. Also, you do need friends in clan wars; you can hold 20k by just having good dlipo, good luck doing that by just having enemies. A recent example is the Burning Legion; if you weren't paying attention, the rest of the server turned against them, and collapsed their empire to almost nothing. A small clan like FPFP stands no chance without friends. Finally, I would recommend against trolling even shit players in pubs because people do notice, a lot less than when you direct your trolling at them for sure, but it's far from harmless.
Could anyone identify the vehicle shown at 0:52? It seems like an armored car, but I can't quite figure out the model. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5HxFo5nIU28#t=52s[/url]
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but FPFP guys I got something that might irritate you. You know that whole deal we had set up to trade land and then ransack it to get mucho glod? Well basically acid forgot to confirm the action before the turn was over and we ended up NOT ransacking it, so we're getting about 1/3rd of the gold we thought we were. Thanks acid.
wow literally hitler who is that guy anyway demote him
[QUOTE=DTKT;40968226]Could anyone identify the vehicle shown at 0:52? It seems like an armored car, but I can't quite figure out the model. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5HxFo5nIU28#t=52s[/url][/QUOTE] It's not german but that sure looks like an M8 Greyhound to me. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M8old1.JPG[/url]
Hey anyone else remember that time in the mumble when I talked about this and nobody knew what I was talking about? [img]http://puu.sh/3clMg.jpg[/img] [url]http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/cw/clan-wars-campaigns-announcement/[/url] It got updated at some point and I believe this was the addendum.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.