• Metal Gear Solid - VIIII - A Hideo Kojima Thread - PLAY THEM ALL IN RELEASE ORDER
    4,997 replies, posted
I don't think I'll be able to 100% ground zeroes before tpp happens, I still have MGS4 and Peace Walker to get through
[t]http://i.imgur.com/ZBP5QRT.png?1[/t] My dumb brain decided to gloss over online, thought entire game was delayed...
[QUOTE=Dr._Medic;48373971]Finally got 100% in Ground Zeroes, I'm ready for TPP now [video=youtube;2oIPfl39msM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oIPfl39msM[/video][/QUOTE] Not sorry at all [video=youtube;48CTTks08Mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48CTTks08Mg[/video]
[QUOTE=kloaz;48374105]Not sorry at all [/QUOTE] Good you shouldn't be
So the only thing you get by porting over your GZ save is four new soldiers, right ? I've played the game mostly on PS3 and it's not installed on my PC at the moment so if that's all you get from GZ I may not bother reinstalling it this close to the release of TPP.
[QUOTE=Ganerumo;48374189]So the only thing you get by porting over your GZ save is four new soldiers, right ? I've played the game mostly on PS3 and it's not installed on my PC at the moment so if that's all you get from GZ I may not bother reinstalling it this close to the release of TPP.[/QUOTE] You also get the sneaking suit from GZ for 100%
[QUOTE=Ganerumo;48374189]So the only thing you get by porting over your GZ save is four new soldiers, right ? I've played the game mostly on PS3 and it's not installed on my PC at the moment so if that's all you get from GZ I may not bother reinstalling it this close to the release of TPP.[/QUOTE] Soldiers, and the GZ Sneaking Suit. And maybe (?) the PS1 skins.
y'know although i think big boss looks better without the bandana, i still can't wait to use it with the GZ sneaking suit for the true peace walker experience, especially since it doesn't seem to have the horn or the red arm. [T]http://i.imgur.com/FSb7vW1.jpg[/T] although i'm not sure how that's gonna work out with some of the arm upgrades
You fire the blast arm and it just tears a hole in your sneaking suit
PC users can download a save which has 100% completion if they really want to. It'll transfer over to MGSV.
[QUOTE=cheez124;48374405]y'know although i think big boss looks better without the bandana, i still can't wait to use it with the GZ sneaking suit for the true peace walker experience, especially since it doesn't seem to have the horn or the red arm. [T]http://i.imgur.com/FSb7vW1.jpg[/T] although i'm not sure how that's gonna work out with some of the arm upgrades[/QUOTE] Notice though in that screenshot, snake doesn't have a scarred face, or a horn, so my assumption is that the GZ sneaking suit in TPP will have the bionic arm, horn, and punished snake's face. Use that plus a bandanna, and you have Big Boss from Peace Walker.
i've tried so many times to do all the trials, i've been stuck on 77% since i first finished the game and it hasn't budged, i can't even do the mark all enemy trials ffs.
[QUOTE=Svinnik;48374458]PC users can download a save which has 100% completion if they really want to. It'll transfer over to MGSV.[/QUOTE] got a link for that?
Yeah I'm not gonna make the novel reading today, I'm tired and am gonna fall into a coma after work.
[QUOTE=ThePanther;48374509]Notice though in that screenshot, snake doesn't have a scarred face, or a horn, so my assumption is that the GZ sneaking suit in TPP will have the bionic arm, horn, and punished snake's face. Use that plus a bandanna, and you have Big Boss from Peace Walker.[/QUOTE] it wouldn't really be the same to me if he still had the horn, the arm, and the scars though. that's why i'm hoping that if you use the GZ suit in TPP, snake will look exactly like how he did in GZ, like in that screenshot. hell i wouldn't even mind if it barred you from using arm upgrades, i personally won't use them often (as cool as rocket punch is)
I've been playing Peace Walker and the Tank mission is kicking my ass- I knew this game had some inflated health on these bosses, but this is ridiculous. Is there a way to take down this tank easily? Or will I have to enlist some friends to take it down?
So I know that the version of TPP that comes with Nvidia cards won't have all the Steam bonuses that you get, but will I still not get the Steam bonuses if I buy it off of Kinguin?
[QUOTE=Magikoopa24;48374602]I've been playing Peace Walker and the Tank mission is kicking my ass- I knew this game had some inflated health on these bosses, but this is ridiculous. Is there a way to take down this tank easily? Or will I have to enlist some friends to take it down?[/QUOTE] If you keep tranqing all the soldiers that spawn in and never get detected, eventually the commander will pop his head out and you can shoot him
[QUOTE=d00msdaydan;48374668]If you keep tranqing all the soldiers that spawn in and never get detected, eventually the commander will pop his head out and you can shoot him[/QUOTE] Eventually I'd start running out of tranqs, though, and that would not be good at all. It's defiitely an easier alternative, though, I'll give you that.
Is the base raiding part of MGO3 or is it going to be in the game from launch?
[QUOTE=Dr.C;48374717]Is the base raiding part of MGO3 or is it going to be in the game from launch?[/QUOTE] MGO Twitter confirmed it'd be in at launch.
[QUOTE=Magikoopa24;48374698]Eventually I'd start running out of tranqs, though, and that would not be good at all. It's defiitely an easier alternative, though, I'll give you that.[/QUOTE] use smoke grenades and hold ups too, not just tranqs. the tank won't see or hear you if you're behind it or on its sides. sometimes the tank will run over the guys you held up or put to sleep, making things even easier.
Where's the source that you have to 100% GZ to get the sneaking suit? From what I can tell just doing a save import does this (aka its basically a reward for owning GZ).
It'd be kind of cool if like the bandana, you could replace the arm or horn with your different uniforms so you can have the normal-looking Big Boss, scars aside. But then not only do we have NPCs to use, but this is the same series that gave us an MGS1 Snake mask for the fuck of it.
[QUOTE=Magikoopa24;48374698]Eventually I'd start running out of tranqs, though, and that would not be good at all. It's defiitely an easier alternative, though, I'll give you that.[/QUOTE] I'd always just tag everybody in the torso since they've got super strong helmets, and when they all fall over at once I quickly run over and fulton them before the next guys run in
[QUOTE=Broguts;48374578]Yeah I'm not gonna make the novel reading today, I'm tired and am gonna fall into a coma after work.[/QUOTE] Okay, well if anyone else wants to do it tonight, just say so. If no one else is available, there's always tomorrow.
[QUOTE=d00msdaydan;48374823]I'd always just tag everybody in the torso since they've got super strong helmets, and when they all fall over at once I quickly run over and fulton them before the next guys run in[/QUOTE] normally when i do the harder tank and vehicle missions i stop bothering to try and tranq people and just shoot them with the assault rifle. it depends how hard the mission you're doing is i guess.
[QUOTE=d00msdaydan;48374823]I'd always just tag everybody in the torso since they've got super strong helmets, and when they all fall over at once I quickly run over and fulton them before the next guys run in[/QUOTE] I haven't played Peace Walker but you can take them out instantly if you fire a tranq right up their culo
and if you dont care about heroism, just kill all the guards. it'll be the same affect on the tank driver.
[QUOTE=LTJGPliskin;48374896]Okay, well if anyone else wants to do it tonight, just say so. If no one else is available, there's always tomorrow.[/QUOTE] I'm down for tonight if it's after 11pm EST. Otherwise yeah, some other time. [editline]4th August 2015[/editline] Confirmed: Nvidia codes will get you all the pre-order bonuses (sans a copy of GZ): [quote="RobertPeelerKJP"]You receive everything that comes with TPP [url]http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/products/index.php5[/url] [METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN] includes [METAL GEAR ONLINE] * [Special Contents for [METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN] ] Emblem "VENOM SNAKE" MOTHER BASE STAFF ** Collector’s Video *** But you don't get a copy of Ground Zeroes.[/quote] Source: [url]http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/541907867764056236/#c541907867764074484[/url]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.