• Warhammer Megathread V5: There is only war
    14,025 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Fire Kracker;43666736]what's cheese enough in the IG to counter 5 riptides in a 2000 point game [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] is it elysians with all vendetta's deep striking first turn? [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] or dkok with lots and lots of lascannon teams [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] lots of bane wolves?[/QUOTE] all-basilisk army
that sounds hilarious too
This Firestorm over Kronus UI is kinda messy and cluttered
[QUOTE=Fire Kracker;43666736] is it elysians with all vendetta's deep striking first turn?[/QUOTE] I got the chance to watch a game involving a 1500 point Elysian drop troop army a while back. Though in the traditional sense, it was cheesy, the fact that it was an entirely themed and painted army counteracted this. I think I could bear to play against just about any army, so long as it was themed.
[QUOTE=RayvenQ;43665532]Me as the equivilant of Bjorn the Fell Handed.[/QUOTE] You can't elect yourself as a special character! That's no fun, the entire chapter would be full of them. Troop Choice: Rust Kiddies Equipped with Stick (ordinary close combat weapon), Flak Armour Squads of 5-30 Special Rules- Unbearable Stupidity: When an enemy unit is in close combat with the Rust Kiddies, they lose 1 Initiative and Leadership until the combat ends. Expendable: If a moderator is within 12" of a unit of Rust Kiddies, roll a D6. Remove the resulting number of models from the unit. Too Dumb to Live: If passing or failing a morale test would result in a higher survival rate for the Rust Kiddies, they will automatically do the opposite to what is best. KEY PLZ: If an enemy unit has a wargear, weapon, unit, etc. with 'key' in its name, all Rust Kiddies gain Fearless, Fleet and Move Through Cover, but may only run directly to the key in question and assault it. [editline]derp[/editline] Critical Existence Failure: At the start of a turn in assault, roll a D6. If the result is a 1, the Rust Kiddies' Sticks have the Gets Hot rule for that turn.
[QUOTE=Psychokitten;43666797]all-basilisk army[/QUOTE] OK, I just spent 1125 points on Basilisks. The only problem is against Riptides they're about as worthless as a 15 point missile launcher. Welp.
[img]http://files.1337upload.net/GazeUponMeAndSeeYourDeathForIAmHisWrathIncarnate.png[/img] 8665 polys now. the head looks small and the legs look big but i think that's okay, it emphasizes just how massive the damn thing is
Actually, what you want is to either air-drop, or flat-out metal boxes full of Guardsmen squads, with Sergeants having power fists. You are not going to kill them immediately, but you ARE going to tie them up. Then you can destroy the rest of his forces, and take capture points. So you can use the rest of your forces, in a more usual way. And unless his Riptides are completely without any upgrades, a chunk of his army is simply non-existant. That should let you force your fire in a correct way. With LasCannons, that is.
[QUOTE=Joazzz;43668418][img]http://files.1337upload.net/GazeUponMeAndSeeYourDeathForIAmHisWrathIncarnate.png[/img] 8665 polys now. the head looks small and the legs look big but i think that's okay, it emphasizes just how massive the damn thing is[/QUOTE] What 3d modelling software is this?
Milkshape 3D, the ancient relic from forgotten times, obsolete but still functional
Joazzz stop being awesome.
I'm making a tzeentchian labyrinth, and one of the room leads to a future where one army has won definitively (not the imperium) Which army should that be?
[QUOTE=Funktastic Dog;43669171]I'm making a tzeentchian labyrinth, and one of the room leads to a future where one army has one definitively (not the imperium) Which army should that be?[/QUOTE] Squats.
[QUOTE=Psychokitten;43669371]Squats.[/QUOTE] That has a reasonable chance of winning.
[QUOTE=Fire Kracker;43666736]what's cheese enough in the IG to counter 5 riptides in a 2000 point game [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] is it elysians with all vendetta's deep striking first turn? [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] or dkok with lots and lots of lascannon teams [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] lots of bane wolves?[/QUOTE] You can easily field 5+ Vendettas in 2000 points and fill them with veterans with plasma, and that will obliterate the riptides. Alternatively matching his point value in riptides with lascannon teams should hit him pretty damn hard. Also the plasma leman russ might be a good option.
is the Imperator Titan's Hellstorm cannon a gatling-type thing that has a rotating barrel or not? the Epic scale model depicts the gun with the barrels stuck together and a rectangular piece blocking any possible rotation movement and the Dark Crusade version supports this, so should i go with a non-moving shooty piece?
[QUOTE=ChickenMan99;43667376]You can't elect yourself as a special character! That's no fun, the entire chapter would be full of them. [/QUOTE] You do realise that I AM pretty much Facepunch's Bjorn.
[QUOTE=Funktastic Dog;43669171]I'm making a tzeentchian labyrinth, and one of the room leads to a future where one army has won definitively (not the imperium) Which army should that be?[/QUOTE] Orks. United under one massive warband. edit: Reading Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn vs. Ravenor book, and. Well. [sp]Alpharius of Alpha Legion (Or one of his warriors since "I am Alpharius" is a greeting to non-Alpha Legion people) is part of Eisenhorn's Warband.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Funktastic Dog;43669538]That has a reasonable chance of winning.[/QUOTE] Necrons. [editline]25th January 2014[/editline] [QUOTE=Solomon;43670359]Orks. United under one massive warband.[/QUOTE] An Eldar farseer figures out how the Old Ones controlled the Orks, then uses them to wipe out everything.
[QUOTE=RayvenQ;43670320]You do realise that I AM pretty much Facepunch's Bjorn.[/QUOTE] "I'm Bjorn." "But you can't-" "I'M BJORN." You're lying! You've only been here 9 years, not 10,000! Come back here in 9,991 years time and then I'll believe you.
[QUOTE=Funktastic Dog;43669538]That has a reasonable chance of winning.[/QUOTE] What're you on about mate, the Squats are the most likely faction to win, hands down!
Tried a platoon Demolition Charge SWS today, for 95 points they're mental. My opponent had a Death wing Death star that deepstriked turn one with no scatter, killing a load in a combined squad, but the Demolitions team popped out of cover and threw all three demo charges at them. The first one scattered and hit two Terminators, the second hit the entire squad and the third landed at the SWS' feet and detonated. I killed 6 DW Terminators (264 points) and had 5/6 of the SWS team go blam. The last guy didn't fancy his chances and ran. Acceptable losses.
Since a local store recently started selling GW stuff, I'm planning to get into table top with a friend and I want an army that's fun to play with/against. I'm stuck between picking Chaos (Nurgle) marines or Iron Hands space marines. The only reason I'm not picking Chaos is because Daemons and the marines were split, so I can't (IIRC) a Great Unclean One. [editline]26th January 2014[/editline] Although Black Templars are pretty cool too.
play Imperial Guard
[QUOTE=Dr.Critic;43677149]Tried a platoon Demolition Charge SWS today, for 95 points they're mental. My opponent had a Death wing Death star that deepstriked turn one with no scatter, killing a load in a combined squad, but the Demolitions team popped out of cover and threw all three demo charges at them. The first one scattered and hit two Terminators, the second hit the entire squad and the third landed at the SWS' feet and detonated. I killed 6 DW Terminators (264 points) and had 5/6 of the SWS team go blam. The last guy didn't fancy his chances and ran. Acceptable losses.[/QUOTE] I played against a dude who really liked his demo squads yesterday, was hectic. He didn't manage to kill most of my swarm though and I ended up bumrushing him :v:
[QUOTE=joost1120;43677466]Since a local store recently started selling GW stuff, I'm planning to get into table top with a friend and I want an army that's fun to play with/against. I'm stuck between picking Chaos (Nurgle) marines or Iron Hands space marines. The only reason I'm not picking Chaos is because Daemons and the marines were split, so I can't (IIRC) a Great Unclean One. [editline]26th January 2014[/editline] Although Black Templars are pretty cool too.[/QUOTE] Chaos and Daemons can Ally using the allies system. Black templars aren't as cool as they used to be, unfortunately, due to some codex changes. You can totally do a death guard army and attach an allied detachment of nurgle plague bearers and a greater demon of nurgle. [editline]26th January 2014[/editline] Daemons allied with Traitor Imperial Guard also works quite well, because they make up for each others weaknesses, with the downside of not being able to attach independent characters to non-daemon units (but you can't do that with CSM either so...)
Might as well post this here since it's WH40k-related [T]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3278920192930891152/10D07E951340842BD23BF8B540AFD1F79196C840/[/T] This was a crossover scenario mission I was doing in Operation Flashpoint using the OFPWH40k mod and the MPWW2 mod that I made to take screenshots of on Steam and post them on the General Ingame Media thread, but the game crashed before I could get more screenshots and I didn't save the mission. One other mission I did like it was one of the Space Marine chapters(Either Imperial Fists or Salamanders, can't remember) landing on a beach with drop pods and then storming a German-held town and it's pretty obvious who won. I also had another with Ultramarines and another with the Steel Legion of Armageddon against the Germans. Also tried doing a Vietnam one where I was playing as a U.S Rifleman on patrol that comes across a destroyed NVA convoy before being ambushed by Cultists. Cannot wait for the next version so I can crush entire Panzer Divisions with a Titan.
[QUOTE=ijyt;43680049]Chaos and Daemons can Ally using the allies system. Black templars aren't as cool as they used to be, unfortunately, due to some codex changes. You can totally do a death guard army and attach an allied detachment of nurgle plague bearers and a greater demon of nurgle. [editline]26th January 2014[/editline] Daemons allied with Traitor Imperial Guard also works quite well, because they make up for each others weaknesses, with the downside of not being able to attach independent characters to non-daemon units (but you can't do that with CSM either so...)[/QUOTE] Could you give a quick explanation of how the allies system works? Also, IG isn't going to be an option, I'm not that rich.
[QUOTE=Bbarnes005;43680250]Might as well post this here since it's WH40k-related [T]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3278920192930891152/10D07E951340842BD23BF8B540AFD1F79196C840/[/T][/QUOTE] did that house just pop back from the Warp or something
[QUOTE=joost1120;43680568]Could you give a quick explanation of how the allies system works? Also, IG isn't going to be an option, I'm not that rich.[/QUOTE] IG Vet lists with heavy tanks aren't *that* expensive, money to points, hell they'd probably be cheaper than Death guard/Iron Hands taking into account bits packs from FW/GW. If you're semi competent at converting up plasma/melta weapons into their hands making them competitive for a reasonable cost shouldn't be hard- as allies you can get away without even bothering with Special Weps. Allies works by forcing you to take one HQ and one Troops, giving you the option of one choice (extra one for troops and no extra for HQ) in the army for each FOC section.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.