• The Halo Thread V11: Spartan Charge is Useless!
    5,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=TGKhaotik;48769171]I have only been testing for 3 years. All I said was that there is the option to choose your gender.[/QUOTE] And that's disclosing something about the game that they haven't shown off yet. Come on man, if you're really a tester, this stuff is the basics.
[QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48769211]And that's disclosing something about the game that they haven't shown off yet. Come on man, if you're really a tester, this stuff is the basics.[/QUOTE] I'll just show myself out now.
People cry about no gender option, someone confirms gender option, people still cry.
Well as long as hes not using the same username he is during testing then I don't see the problem.
[QUOTE=Ki11aFTFW;48769295]People cry about no gender option, someone confirms gender option, people still cry.[/QUOTE] Didn't care about the no gender option in the first place, but if a guy is going to "confirm" something just on his own word, and then act like he doesn't even care about potentially screwing himself out of his job, I'm gonna be a little suspicious. I've got nothing against him, but there's enough people on the internet pretending to be testers or developers as it is.
The fuck [t]https://i.imgur.com/KZsObxF.jpg[/t] [editline]26th September 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48769597]acting like he doesn't even care about potentially screwing himself out of his job, I'm gonna be a little suspicious.[/QUOTE] As long there is no connection to their user name at their job I don't think they'll be able to track them to some internet forum.
[QUOTE=Tuskin;48769623]The fuck [t]https://i.imgur.com/KZsObxF.jpg[/t] [/QUOTE] So I guess the UNSC issues boomboxes as helmets now :v:
Guess they didn't fire whoever designed the awful armours from Halo 4.
[QUOTE=Tuskin;48769623] As long there is no connection to their user name at their job I don't think they'll be able to track them to some internet forum.[/QUOTE] They can still find out. It may not be quick but some companies are strict enough to look into any kind of leak regardless of how small it is.
[QUOTE=ElectricSquid;48769680]Guess they didn't fire whoever designed the awful armours from Halo 4.[/QUOTE] To be fair there are some amazing armors. Namely Kelly's Hermes set and the wicked Noble set
[QUOTE=Tuskin;48769546]Well as long as hes not using the same username he is during testing then I don't see the problem.[/QUOTE] That is the reason I removed all my info under my profile. [editline]27th September 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48769597]Didn't care about the no gender option in the first place, but if a guy is going to "confirm" something just on his own word, and then act like he doesn't even care about potentially screwing himself out of his job, I'm gonna be a little suspicious. I've got nothing against him, but there's enough people on the internet pretending to be testers or developers as it is.[/QUOTE] I test for fun. I am active duty Army, so I already have a job. :P By the way I will send you a screenshot of the armor customization page to confirm that I was testing tonight, and I am currently still playing it.
[QUOTE=Makol;48769832]They can still find out. It may not be quick but some companies are strict enough to look into any kind of leak regardless of how small it is.[/QUOTE] Lmfao most qa people aren't career workers, its a very unstable job that you'll lose for a lot dumber reasons than a minor nda break Ive broken nda plenty of times before and haven't had shit happen
[QUOTE=No Party Hats;48770337]Lmfao most qa people aren't career workers, its a very unstable job that you'll lose for a lot dumber reasons than a minor nda break Ive broken nda plenty of times before and haven't had shit happen[/QUOTE] With the (small) companies I've been with I've seen it happen multiple times.
[QUOTE=TGKhaotik;48770297]That is the reason I removed all my info under my profile. [editline]27th September 2015[/editline] I test for fun. I am active duty Army, so I already have a job. :P By the way I will send you a screenshot of the armor customization page to confirm that I was testing tonight, and I am currently still playing it.[/QUOTE] Hey, ya. Sorry for doubting you man. I take back all that dickish stuff I said.
I honestly didnt mean to start any shit with TG sorry bro.
It's not really that unbelievable that he is testing. They play every weekend on scheduled times, I know because my friend was telling me about it. He sent me the link of the company that tests Halo 5 but I wasn't to interested and I forgot it, I'll ask him again and I'll post it here. Testing is probably coming to a close soon anyway since the game has rumored to gone gold.
[QUOTE=KingNick220;48771306]It's not really that unbelievable that he is testing. They play every weekend on scheduled times, I know because my friend was telling me about it. He sent me the link of the company that tests Halo 5 but I wasn't to interested and I forgot it, I'll ask him again and I'll post it here. Testing is probably coming to a close soon anyway since the game has rumored to gone gold.[/QUOTE] Yeah, we have been testing every weekend since May. [editline]27th September 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=HTS CONNER;48771100]I honestly didnt mean to start any shit with TG sorry bro.[/QUOTE] Its all good my man. :D
[QUOTE=Tuskin;48769623]The fuck [t]https://i.imgur.com/KZsObxF.jpg[/t] [/QUOTE] I call this one the Goof Trooper Even though it's dumb looking I still kind of like it in a weird way. It's still better than a lot of Halo 4's designs.
[QUOTE=Facehugger88;48771885]I call this one the [B][I]Gouf[/I][/B] Trooper Even though it's dumb looking I still kind of like it in a weird way. It's still better than a lot of Halo 4's designs.[/QUOTE] That's no Zaku boy. No Zaku.
Some new Breakout maps got shown, this time with one flag CTF. [video=youtube;-qp5bZt7H0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qp5bZt7H0Q[/video] [video=youtube;Cf3k0rUsIE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3k0rUsIE8[/video]
Halo 4 is a fundamentally awful game. I replayed it hoping, just hoping, that I could find some meager value in it, but instead I found it was even worse than I remembered. The Promethean Knights and Watchers are even more frustrating on single player. The checkpoints are bullshit. The designs are atrocious. The writing is just awful - for example, the Didact speaks in the same poetic dialect as the Gravemind. However, unlike the Gravemind, it sounds like a ten year old trying to sound smart. Plus, the Infinity is a Mary Sue ship. Space battles used to be interesting in Halo, the ships were evenly matched, but the Infinity just shows up and destroys everything else. And then at the end, they have the fucking gall to put - "Every Great Journey begins with a single step. This is our beginning. Thanks for trusting us with the universe you love and joining us on this epic adventure." This game is a disgrace, an utter disgrace. Halo Reach ends with you saving Cortana and the lives of many, even when you had to sacrifice your own. Halo Wars ends with you managing to destroy the Shield World and escape. Halo: Combat Evolved ends with the destruction of Installation 04. At the end of Halo 2, the Chief proclaims he's about to finish the fight, and at the end of Halo 3, you do exactly that. So what's with Halo 4? The end is a disgrace, Cortana dies and about all you've done is killed the Didact - Oh wait, you haven't! Because the expanded universe later states that he's still alive to an extent. The Covenant are still kicking (for whatever reason! We aren't ever fully told that they've banded together again or if the ones we fight are Insurrectionists or what), we don't know what the fuck state the Prometheans are in, and all of a sudden the Chief is a traitor? There's no hope, and this end is a microcosm for the game. There's just no hope. It's stupidly difficult - the Promethean watchers are total bullshit, they heal your enemies and swallow your grenades. Speaking of grenades, the new grenades are bullshit too! They don't work, I have literally never killed an enemy with them because they take so long to go off and explicitly show the radius of the blast. The real kicker, though, is how 343 takes claim to this. Who made the multiplayer maps? Creative Affinity and Digital Extreme. Who makes their CGI? Blur and Axis Animation. Who made the engine? Bungie, for Halo Reach. Who designed the armor? Liquid Development. So what did 343 do? They coded broken enemies, they entered incorrect dialogue boxes - "Hit RT to use machine gun" when LT is the button you hit - they made an awful story, and, between this game and the expanded universe, destroyed everything good that Bungie created.
[QUOTE=Bokito;48762305]Yeah I figured as much. So they pretty much retconned Halo 4's MP?[/QUOTE] No? The only mode that's a simulation is breakout.
Jees, irockz, what is this? Three years ago?
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48772732]No? The only mode that's a simulation is breakout.[/QUOTE] Didn't they state the entirety of the War Games thing was simulated battles in Halo 4?
Want some fries with that salt? Christ talk about irrelevant, we had this discussion years ago.. [editline]27th September 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=Bokito;48772757]Didn't they state the entirety of the War Games thing was simulated battles in Halo 4?[/QUOTE] I'm not sure. If so, breakout is more like paintball, a sport. It's not a full blown military war game. Still, I don't understand where you got the idea that they retconned the idea that it's war games..
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48772761]Want some fries with that salt? Christ talk about irrelevant, we had this discussion years ago.. [editline]27th September 2015[/editline] I'm not sure. If so, breakout is more like paintball, a sport. It's not a full blown military war game. Still, I don't understand where you got [B]the idea that they retconned the idea that it's war games..[/B][/QUOTE] I thought that since they already said that the entirety of Halo 4's War Games was realistic battles in realistic environments in a simulation kind of didn't mesh with War Games where everything in the simulation has to look artificial and actually like a simulation. However, if Breakout isn't actual War Games then that point would be moot.
Has anyone recreated breakout in any of the other Halos? I don't have gold but I'd get it rill quick for a few rounds of that
Hunt the truth S2.INT - FAILED TRANSMISSION [media]https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/s2int-failed-transmission[/media] with a video instead of arts [vid]https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nvchx8xbDY1uokpa1_720.mp4[/vid]
still loved every moment of halo 4. only thing i didn't like was the assumption that we knew what the fuck they were talking about the whole time regarding the didact and the library etc. and also what the fuck was that "we did something and you're stronger now you evolution has been advanced now you glow"
[QUOTE=KingKombat;48775516]still loved every moment of halo 4. only thing i didn't like was the assumption that we knew what the fuck they were talking about the whole time regarding the didact and the library etc. and also what the fuck was that "we did something and you're stronger now you evolution has been advanced now you glow"[/QUOTE] I think the gist of it is that the librarian made him part forerunner, or turned on something he had hidden in his DNA (she planned for him) It seems perfectly reasonable that they have the ability to do that, considering they can turn life into digital information - which requires full understanding of biology. The didact is immune so it's safe to assume that all forerunners are immune, so endowing chief with forerunner DNA would make him immune to the effects of the composer.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.