• The Halo Thread V11: Spartan Charge is Useless!
    5,001 replies, posted
Launch trailers have a habit of using licensed music nowadays, I guess to make people go, "OH COOL I KNOW THAT SONG" and want to buy it more?
That's dumb
[QUOTE=SpartanXC9;48890742]That's dumb[/QUOTE] Not really. It's the same deal with people who want the original Marty music back. They hear music they know and like, and it gets em more interested. [editline]12th October 2015[/editline] Just a heads up guys, apparently a bunch of story details got leaked, and people are spilling the beans all over the youtube comments. Don't know if it's really true or not, but better safe than sorry just to stay out of the comments for the next couple weeks if you don't want spoilers.
My friend bought 5 for me for my birthday. Well, it's also for him too, since we gameshare, so it's the best kind of present. One we can both use. Looking forward to it. :speedfap:
[QUOTE=nomad1;48890112]well we do know what his face looks like but yeah it probably will be another helmet inside the helmet :v:[/QUOTE] He'll take off his helmet to reveal an uncracked helmet.
[QUOTE=SpartanXC9;48890742]That's dumb[/QUOTE] No, that's smart. It's how marketing works.
The Arbitor has a gold/orange version of the prophet's bain. Or that is the same sword with final art assets. Also I completely missed Buck having an ODST logo on the front of his armour
[QUOTE=Facehugger88;48882749]I lurv forge. Also, Anubis is done [IMG]http://orig01.deviantart.net/f954/f/2015/283/a/2/anubis_white_by_olafbrunson-d9co8ym.png[/IMG] [URL]http://olafbrunson.deviantart.com/gallery/56325846/Anubis[/URL] going to start doing only red and blue at the moment, unless someone asks for custom. Will add the rest post-launch.[/QUOTE] That helmet looks a lot more practical than many other helmets in the new game.
[QUOTE=Kahgarak;48891752]No, that's smart. It's how marketing works.[/QUOTE] More evidence that Spartan knows absolutely nothing yet claims he's a games designer. [editline]13th October 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=Tuskin;48891885]The Arbitor has a gold/orange version of the prophet's bain. Or that is the same sword with final art assets. Also I completely missed Buck having an ODST logo on the front of his armour[/QUOTE] I tohught it was sort of golden anyway? Was it not just the lighting of the map in the beta that made it a bit more blue? I wouldn't trust me completely, I'm slightly colourblind. [I](don't tell my tutors)[/I]
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48892100] I tohught it was sort of golden anyway? Was it not just the lighting of the map in the beta that made it a bit more blue? I wouldn't trust me completely, I'm slightly colourblind. [I](don't tell my tutors)[/I][/QUOTE] Think it was just that the thing was so damn bright, you couldn't tell what color it was. :v:
[QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48890615]I really liked the song choice. Wasn't the stereotypical trailer song like another Imagine dragons, and the chorus lines fit Chief pretty well. Got some serious Follow vibes from it too. I wish they'd use more songs with lyrics in the games, was pretty awesome when they did it back in Halo 2.[/QUOTE] Idk about that. I like Follow cuz Incubus had the jazz rooted chops to actually make something that sounded interesting. Breaking Benjamin though, fucking eugh. That shitty ass boring ass bland ass band blasting in Halo is the song equivalent to waking up after an amazing flying dream only to find a dick in your ass.
[QUOTE=xalener;48892762]Idk about that. I like Follow cuz Incubus had the jazz rooted chops to actually make something that sounded interesting. Breaking Benjamin though, fucking eugh. That shitty ass boring ass bland ass band blasting in Halo is the song equivalent to waking up after an amazing flying dream only to find a dick in your ass.[/QUOTE] Damn man, I get you don't like breaking Benjamin, but come on. It's just a rock song. Not like they put some crazy dubstep in there or something.
Breaking Benjamin is worse than dubstep.
[QUOTE=xalener;48892762]Idk about that. I like Follow cuz Incubus had the jazz rooted chops to actually make something that sounded interesting. Breaking Benjamin though, fucking eugh. That shitty ass boring ass bland ass band blasting in Halo is the song equivalent to waking up after an amazing flying dream only to find a dick in your ass.[/QUOTE] I like the instrumental version. [editline]13th October 2015[/editline] [url]http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-launch-day-matchmaking-playlists-revealed?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll[/url] Launch Day playlists
Swat on day 1? That's kinda cool. my warmup mode.
[highlight]POSSIBLE HALO 5 ENDING, DO NOT CLICK[/highlight] [sp]http://pastebin.com/cxaS42JE[/sp]
[QUOTE=chipsnapper2;48895366][highlight]POSSIBLE HALO 5 ENDING, DO NOT CLICK[/highlight] [sp]http://pastebin.com/cxaS42JE[/sp][/QUOTE] Frank O'Connor debunked this on NeoGAF IIRC.
The above spoiler [sp]Well some of that is from a script seen in one of the 'Sprint' videos, a lot of it is made up[/sp]
page 117
[QUOTE=EpicRandomnes;48895412]Frank O'Connor debunked this on NeoGAF IIRC.[/QUOTE] He got banned iirc :vs:
Again?
I think he asks to get banned sometimes, probably some lack of self control.
Mmm, I sure do love opinions! Serve me up some more! [IMG]http://orig14.deviantart.net/e448/f/2015/275/6/4/opinion_by_olafbrunson-d9bmygx.png[/IMG]
MCC Update [url]https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/content-update-notes-10-13-15[/url] [QUOTE=343i]The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update, which focuses on the addition of new systems for matchmaking penalties and other top-requested community items. Below, you’ll find a summary of what is included in today’s update: Implemented new systems and temporary bans for matchmaking penalties. These include penalties for: Quits Betrayals Idling Note: Leaving the game before finishing (any time from the start of voting until the game concludes) will result in a loss for your ranking and a penalty to your Xbox One reputation. After this update, if you quit, betray, or idle too many times during a set period of time, you will be temporarily banned from playing matchmaking. If you continue to engage in negative behavior after the temporary ban has lifted, you will continue to receive temporary bans that are subsequently longer in length. Players will now receive a quit penalty and rank penalty for quitting any time after matchmaking voting begins in all matchmaking playlists, both ranked and unranked Added matchmaking betrayal booting for Halo: Combat Evolved Matchmaking voting now randomizes winner in the case of a tie, rather than selecting the left-most option Made a variety of improvements to ranking calculation Fixed an issue which could result in ranking down after winning a match Emblems and clan tags, in addition to gamertags, are now hidden while searching for a match Updated Team colors to always appear correctly in Forge mode The level of menu music will now drop when other players join a lobby / are connected to other players The controller schematic for H1 "Boxer" now correctly matches the in-game control layout Improved Classic/Remastered UI launch settings for Halo: CE and Halo 2 Campaign Improved matchmaking messaging to players Fixed an issue where lobby player positions could shuffle after a promotion to party leader Fixed an issue where players could select and use nameplates that they had not unlocked Fixed an issue where profiles could match into a game after the match started Made a variety of fixes for players who could become stuck at the “Downloading Latest Data” screen Fixed the glitched Who Needs Them? achievement Improved a variety of compatibility issues Made a variety of stability improvements For all updates on Halo: The Master Chief Collection stay tuned to Halo Waypoint and follow @Halo on Twitter.[/QUOTE]
There is a API coming for stats and such [url]https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-api-support-coming-to-halo-5-guardians[/url]
[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/a7a2db275771311ee07dbc3fd2cc31d2/tumblr_nw67bvAXZV1uokpa1o1_540.jpg[/img] [media]https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/s204-jackals[/media] "Kig-Yar pirates imprison the crew, an ancient phrase becomes a warning, and Maya puts it all on the line."
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48892100]More evidence that Spartan knows absolutely nothing yet claims he's a games designer.[/QUOTE] Man why you gotta do this? We were having a friendly conversation and you just come in and attack me like come on man.
I have to side with Spartan on this one. [editline]13th October 2015[/editline] I agree that using the song in the trailer is dumb. They should have just used music from the soundtrack like the previous games
matchmaking on MCC is still kind of fucked if your network isn't completely open (at least, so I think), unless this latest patch fixes it It's the only game on XB1 that I've played where I'm waiting easily 15-20+ minutes for even the most popular matches because it simply cannot find players. Sometimes I never find them. My friend on a strict NAT (that can't be lifted off strict) has never gotten it to find players even on a sat night. Meanwhile finding matches in every other game works instantly, including BF4 which is considerably older. Sucks because he's a big fan of Halo, would love to play with him. But know I never can because between the two of us we'll never be able to actually get in a game, a problem I don't have with any other game on xb1.
[QUOTE=KorJax;48896879]matchmaking on MCC is still kind of fucked if your network isn't completely open (at least, so I think), unless this latest patch fixes it It's the only game on XB1 that I've played where I'm waiting easily 15-20+ minutes for even the most popular matches because it simply cannot find players. Sometimes I never find them. My friend on a strict NAT (that can't be lifted off strict) has never gotten it to find players even on a sat night. Meanwhile finding matches in every other game works instantly, including BF4 which is considerably older. Sucks because he's a big fan of Halo, would love to play with him. But know I never can because between the two of us we'll never be able to actually get in a game, a problem I don't have with any other game on xb1.[/QUOTE] i got a moderate nat and i find matches in 15-45 seconds
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.