• The Halo Thread V11: Spartan Charge is Useless!
    5,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=xalener;48915193]Grenades did impact damage since reach [editline]16th October 2015[/editline] Unless that's not what you mean[/QUOTE] Not impact damage - grenade bouncing. These seem to be the bounciest grenades of the series, and one could throw can ping them off an enemy head into the air rather than them just hitting something and dropping to the ground.
Kelly seemed to have something similar going on. Same body model?
Thinking about it, as someone who's not kept up to date on the comics and what's going on in the extra stuff outside the games very well, Halo 5 is almost as jarring as 4 if not more so. The game just throws one into conflicts where Promethean enemies just basically attack anywhere, and there's no context as to why they started attacking everything without the extra materials of the comics since 4 seemingly ended with a temporary solution. The gist of the plot from the first three missions so far makes some loose sense, but something feels hollow about all the context just like it did with 4 expecting you to know the extra lore.
[QUOTE=RikohZX;48917161]Thinking about it, as someone who's not kept up to date on the comics and what's going on in the extra stuff outside the games very well, Halo 5 is almost as jarring as 4 if not more so. The game just throws one into conflicts where Promethean enemies just basically attack anywhere, and there's no context as to why they started attacking everything without the extra materials of the comics since 4 seemingly ended with a temporary solution. The gist of the plot from the first three missions so far makes some loose sense, but something feels hollow about all the context just like it did with 4 expecting you to know the extra lore.[/QUOTE] It makes no sense because you don't have the whole picture. The first few levels are never really plot heavy, but that shit's gonna be explained later in the game. There's still 12 other missions.
[QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48917235]It makes no sense because you don't have the whole picture. The first few levels are never really plot heavy, but that shit's gonna be explained later in the game.[/QUOTE] Hopefully you're right.
Pre-Ordered. Once I've played through solo, I'm down for trying to squeeze a legendary run inbetween Uni work if anyone's game?
Mission 8 [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utncYnjFUxU[/URL]
[QUOTE=G3rman;48917121]Kelly seemed to have something similar going on. Same body model?[/QUOTE] Most likely. Like how all the females from Reach had Kat's body.
-snip-
[QUOTE=HTS CONNER;48913642]Never realized till now that the [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_nPdQvCMHA"]HO menu music[/URL] was used originally in a [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99vQ0DD4VCg"]H2A trailer[/URL].[/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wca1zujJ0lI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wca1zujJ0lI[/URL] This is the actual H:O menu music.
[QUOTE=ntzu;48918167][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wca1zujJ0lI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wca1zujJ0lI[/URL] This is the actual H:O menu music.[/QUOTE] Meant the login screen music
With how many people already have the game, they should just ship it. It's annoying as hell having to dodge half the internet just to avoid spoilers
I don't think any company has ever done that. People say that every year with every game that gets leaked. Also has there been a proven leak? The only gameplay I see is from people who 343/Microsoft gave the game to.
I know there is a leak in my area. Someone tried to trade in the game today.
[QUOTE=KingNick220;48913334]Media copies were sent out, apparently some of these nobodies met some criteria.[/QUOTE] It is far more likely they live in countries where the stores just don't care about street date There are many stories out there of a guy getting hold of a game weeks before launch because the moment some game store in dubai got a shipment they sold em
So i've been watching someone play halo 5. Here's an collection of thoughts while i'm halfway in [sp] - There's fucking magic in there. they're not even saying it's technology. Trippy dreams. Yes, Cortana contacts chief THROUGH A DREAM. Also after he falls down a pit. His squad are somehow there for him when he comes too. They believe his shit. - there's lots of really poorly written exposition thrown in there. Where? Everywhere. - Actually, most of the dialogue has been of low quality. - the scorpion isn't a scorpion. Na, I didn't expect a tank to be an animal, but the tank's still called a scorpion even though it's lost it's distinctive 'scorpion' shape. -Banshees look ornate. - plasma grenades glow around the edges even when they're not active. It scares me a little because I expect them to go off. - The cutscenes are over the top. -The ironsights are used so freuently that it doesn't feel much like halo anymore. - The downing/revive feature makes the game look way easier than it should be, even though I'm looking at the guy play on normal. It just seems like it's impossible to loose [/sp]
Your first point [sp]She contacted Chief through the Domain[/sp] your last point [sp]There was a point in mission 8 where he almost died, the AI were almost not quick enough to get him[/sp]
Looks like good ol' grav hammer's making a return. Don't need to worry about Griffball being ruined. [IMG]https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/images/hammer-banner-ab9aa3095a544a8cb0651b7b76ccdea9.jpg[/IMG] -from the new blog on Waypoint
oh fuck you know what im happy about most? foley fucking foley in halo 4 there was no fucking foley/ambient noise and that pissed me off cause it felt like it was silent for things other than gun shots, (compared to reach anyway). halo 5 sounds so much better jesus
[QUOTE=ossumsauce;48905886]honestly all i'm praying is that Cortana isn't shoehorned into being some kind of bad guy like she initially was supposed to be in halo 1 give her character a lot more credit than just turning around and making her the villian. Granted i dont think that will happen but nonetheless her character deserves better than that.[/QUOTE] Hey man once you turn a character into a bridge anything could happen
[QUOTE=Makol;48918479]I know there is a leak in my area. Someone tried to trade in the game today.[/QUOTE] Ya it's happened for YEARS, I mean I'm sure everyone remembers that Gamestop in the New England area years ago, that decided to sell Bioshock 1 a week early because fuck street dates, and people from a state over drove to get it first, of course he was fired so lol. It always seems to be a gamestop or a Walmart in the US that either doesn't care about street dates, or the person working is really dumb and doesn't know what that orange sticker with a date on the box with the games mean. When I worked at best buy for 5 years, all major games that had a hard street date (Most AAA games) had that massive orange sticker with the date and said "DO NOT SELL BEFORE xx-xx-xx" Like it's not hard to miss. It's a pretty major thing to sell a hard street date game before that date, not only can the store get fined by the company, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, they can also decide to no longer sell at that store, which is what happened to one of our sister stores an hour away.
[QUOTE=Makol;48918479]I know there is a leak in my area. Someone tried to trade in the game today.[/QUOTE] How fucking dense Kenya be
[QUOTE=xalener;48923247]How fucking dense Kenya be[/QUOTE] Same dude tried trading The Taken King and NBA 2k16 a week before they were out. He's not very bright.
[QUOTE=SpartanXC9;48921514]Hey man once you turn a character into a bridge anything could happen[/QUOTE] I watched some Halo Canon video and he said that Cortana just teleported the chief, he never mentioned anything about the bridge. The fuck is that about?
Well I just had a large chunk of the game spoiled for me [sp]holy shit tho[/sp]
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924244]I watched some Halo Canon video and he said that Cortana just teleported the chief, he never mentioned anything about the bridge. The fuck is that about?[/QUOTE] I still don't understand why this is such an oddball for people. Cortana's a hologram, the bridge is hardlight. They're both just constructs made of light. Why is is so hard to believe Cortana's hologram could be translated into hard light? I mean come on, Chief just has to put his hand on Forerunner and covenant pads and it transfers Cortana to them and back to Chief, without a chip or plug or anything. But somehow Cortana's hologram becoming a hard light bridge is too far in left field.
Wow if this HALO 5 SPOILERS [sp]talk of MC and Blue only getting 3 missions is true what the fuck. They better be damn good in context because it's insane that anyone at 343 thought it was a good idea on paper[/sp]
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924244]I watched some Halo Canon video and he said that Cortana just teleported the chief, he never mentioned anything about the bridge. The fuck is that about?[/QUOTE] Play Halo 4 for the amazing experience of Cortana turning into a bridge and killing herself
[QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48924573]I still don't understand why this is such an oddball for people. Cortana's a hologram, the bridge is hardlight. They're both just constructs made of light. Why is is so hard to believe Cortana's hologram could be translated into hard light? I mean come on, Chief just has to put his hand on Forerunner and covenant pads and it transfers Cortana to them and back to Chief, without a chip or plug or anything. But somehow Cortana's hologram becoming a hard light bridge is too far in left field.[/QUOTE] That's not what I was complaining about, I understand that fine. It's Halo canon's description of events. He doesn't even mention the hard light and instead says she just teleported chief rather than protecting him with the bridge. [editline]17th October 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=SpartanXC9;48924609]Play Halo 4 for the amazing experience of Cortana turning into a bridge and killing herself[/QUOTE] Are you actually the fucking Grinch or something?
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924911] Are you actually the fucking Grinch or something?[/QUOTE] Jesus Christ dude, calm the fuck down. You always take a fit whenever he posts. Haven't you learned to just ignore him?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.