• The Halo Thread V11: Spartan Charge is Useless!
    5,001 replies, posted
I'm not actually being aggressive. I'm Scottish you see. Don't take everything I say too seriously. [editline]17th October 2015[/editline] Just ask Ossumsauce, I swear. A LOT.
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924911]That's not what I was complaining about, I understand that fine. It's Halo canon's description of events. He doesn't even mention the hard light and instead says she just teleported chief rather than protecting him with the bridge. [editline]17th October 2015[/editline] Are you actually the fucking Grinch or something?[/QUOTE] Or just flat out 343i hate :v:
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924972]I'm not actually being aggressive. I'm Scottish you see. Don't take everything I say too seriously. [editline]17th October 2015[/editline] Just ask Ossumsauce, I swear. A LOT.[/QUOTE] Well I am as well but I keep it in small controlled bursts, rather than a constant stream of hate. But whatever floats your boat I guess.
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924911] Are you actually the fucking Grinch or something?[/QUOTE] Well... [IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103735282/spartangrinch.jpg[/IMG]
Should have used his Avatar
[QUOTE=Takuat;48924581]Wow if this HALO 5 SPOILERS [sp]talk of MC and Blue only getting 3 missions is true what the fuck. They better be damn good in context because it's insane that anyone at 343 thought it was a good idea on paper[/sp][/QUOTE] Yeah the [sp]breakdown of missions is atrocious, I couldn't imagine playing more than 40% of the game as Locke[/sp]
[QUOTE=Tuskin;48925359]Should have used his Avatar[/QUOTE] That's a whole lot better than my idea. Fixed
[QUOTE=Zeos;48925368]Yeah the [sp]breakdown of missions is atrocious, I couldn't imagine playing more than 40% of the game as Locke[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp] I know some people are saying that it was talked about a while back that Chiefs missions were way bigger than Locke's so I'll have to see. That was the same set of rumors that originally gave us the Republic Commando/Metroid comparison so maybe there'll be some truth to that[/sp]
[QUOTE=Wickerman123;48924911] Are you actually the fucking Grinch or something?[/QUOTE] Wait what? I just said what happened in Halo 4 with a tinge of sarcasm I don't get the hate. Cortana never teleported the chief she shielded him with hardlight (which begs the question of how she was able to do that if everything got destroyed and if she managed to also shield the emitters and the power source how did she die like what) [QUOTE=overwatch pvt;48925324]Well... *amazing picture*[/QUOTE] I'm saving this for future use.
Does anyone have really big spoilers about the plot? If so PM me with anything you have because i'm excited and i won't be getting Halo 5 for a very long time if at all.
I'm just waiting for the youtube movie of cutscenes to be released. Although, with any luck I'll get "spoiled" here first. No Xbox One and no plans to get one in the future.
Im getting this and an xbox one next week. So excited.
It really is that close isn't it? Damn.
4chan is having a field day with misinformation, thinking [sp]there is only 3 blue team missions.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Wii60;48931580]4chan is having a field day with misinformation, thinking [sp]there is only 3 blue team missions.[/sp][/QUOTE] Well the game's not out to prove otherwise yet and until someone else proves the information otherwise, there's no stopping it
If you're really curious about that spoiler above, PM me. [editline]18th October 2015[/editline] [sp]turns out I'm not bound by NDA for some techncial reasons[/sp]
[QUOTE=Wii60;48931580]4chan is having a field day with misinformation, thinking [sp]there is only 3 blue team missions.[/sp][/QUOTE] Well... [sp]Considering I've -seen- the ingame mission list from actual ingame screens and descriptions, only 3 ARE playable by Blue Team[/sp]
This page is starting to read like an ONI case file.
[QUOTE=Zeos;48934138]Well... [sp]Considering I've -seen- the ingame mission list from actual ingame screens and descriptions, only 3 ARE playable by Blue Team[/sp][/QUOTE] And apparently it's really the worst case scenario: [sp]3 missions are non-combat plot, 3 are Blue Team, and the rest of the fifteen missions are all Osiris, including Blue Team needing to get rescued at the very end. Not to mention Osiris only suspect Chief's up to no good starting with mission 3, and that supposedly ends at mission 8 or 9, meaning not even half the game is going with the whole plot idea of 'Chief vs. Locke for some mysterious reason.' If this shit's true, fuck 343, fuck their stupid false advertising. No one really wants Fireteam Osiris to be the new protagonists, and i'm sorry but from what I've seen so far, Locke, Tanaka and Vale are all dry as a doorknob, not even eccentric like Noble Team. This is a horrible, horrible decision.[/sp]
The only thing about the different teams thing that is interesting is that in the process of designing the tons of Spartans, they for some reason decided that one of the female ones needed a gigantic butt
Have Blue Team be the primary protagonists, make Vale (Bailey) be their snarky yet informative radio operator, and throw Buck (Fillion) in there for the comedic relief. Get the best of both worlds. [editline]19th October 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=Zeos;48934291]The only thing about the different teams thing that is interesting is that in the process of designing the tons of Spartans, they for some reason decided that one of the female ones needed a gigantic butt[/QUOTE] I think you overestimate the variety in body models 343 invested in. If I had to wager, taking a closer look at female Spartan body models will show they are all the exact same. It's just whatever angle you happen to view it at in the cutscene or the lighting that makes it seem smaller or larger. Or, if there really is some attention to detail, perhaps they did give Spartan-II's and Spartan-IV's noticeable size differences in their body models. Also, going back to Blue Team having their first appearance in the game, anyone else think it's rotten that they don't even get to be the primary focus of the game? I mean, if you read the books then you can get rewarded by knowing their backstory to begin with, but for those who only play the games the importance of these new Spartan-II's is completely underplayed. The game seems to just throw them in without going into detail about who they are or why they are important to the Master Chief, and I bet they don't even have much relevant ambient dialogue to talk about what they were doing in the last five games while the Chief was away. I feel like this was the perfect opportunity to really tell us the Spartan-II story by bringing them in and showing us the "family" mentality the books went on and on about, but they barely get any recognition at all besides the brain dead AI teammates that follow Chief around. Just all around disappointing that we waited so many years and games for these guys to appear and then they just get relegated to obscurity immediately because of 343's 'unique' storytelling angle (Using Osiris as new PoV to build tension around Chief's MIA).
[QUOTE=G3rman;48934356]Have Blue Team be the primary protagonists, make Vale (Bailey) be their snarky yet informative radio operator, and throw Buck (Fillion) in there for the comedic relief. Get the best of both worlds. [editline]19th October 2015[/editline] I think you overestimate the variety in body models 343 invested in. If I had to wager, taking a closer look at female Spartan body models will show they are all the exact same. It's just whatever angle you happen to view it at in the cutscene or the lighting that makes it seem smaller or larger. Or, if there really is some attention to detail, perhaps they did give Spartan-II's and Spartan-IV's noticeable [b]size differences[/b] in their body models. Also, going back to Blue Team having their first appearance in the game, anyone else think it's rotten that they don't even get to be the primary focus of the game? I mean, if you read the books then you can get rewarded by knowing their backstory to begin with, but for those who only play the games the importance of these new Spartan-II's is completely underplayed. The game seems to just throw them in without going into detail about who they are or why they are important to the Master Chief, and I bet they don't even have much relevant ambient dialogue to talk about what they were doing in the last five games while the Chief was away. I feel like this was the perfect opportunity to really tell us the Spartan-II story by bringing them in and showing us the "family" mentality the books went on and on about, but they barely get any recognition at all besides the brain dead AI teammates that follow Chief around. Just all around disappointing that we waited so many years and games for these guys to appear and then they just get relegated to obscurity immediately because of 343's 'unique' storytelling angle (Using Osiris as new PoV to build tension around Chief's MIA).[/QUOTE] Breast and butt sizes? :v: :boxhide:
[QUOTE=Itauske Roken;48934460]Breast and butt sizes? :v: :boxhide:[/QUOTE] Halo 4 ending cinematic made it pretty clear Spartan-II's are much taller and thicker than Spartan-IV's so yeah, it's reasonable to assume that everything, including both of those, would be larger. That is, if 343 bothered to invest in building at least four different Spartan body models.
[QUOTE=G3rman;48934356]Also, going back to Blue Team having their first appearance in the game, anyone else think it's rotten that they don't even get to be the primary focus of the game? I mean, if you read the books then you can get rewarded by knowing their backstory to begin with, but for those who only play the games the importance of these new Spartan-II's is completely underplayed. The game seems to just throw them in without going into detail about who they are or why they are important to the Master Chief, and I bet they don't even have much relevant ambient dialogue to talk about what they were doing in the last five games while the Chief was away. I feel like this was the perfect opportunity to really tell us the Spartan-II story by bringing them in and showing us the "family" mentality the books went on and on about, but they barely get any recognition at all besides the brain dead AI teammates that follow Chief around. Just all around disappointing that we waited so many years and games for these guys to appear and then they just get relegated to obscurity immediately because of 343's 'unique' storytelling angle (Using Osiris as new PoV to build tension around Chief's MIA).[/QUOTE] Something tells me 343i's writers are never going to understand what Bungie did with their games; having a story that can stand wholly on its own without the need for extra materials to make sense of it all. The books and comics for the Halo games were a bonus at best, and at worst you had remarks like Johnson's classified snarking at the beginning of Halo 2 on how he survived the first game, as if the devs were lampshading that it was a mystery. Not even getting into the 24 issues and counting Escalation comics that lead into Halo 5 yet still aren't done, or the fact that the writers are complete hacks with the new characters they try to shove in all over the place yet always seem incredibly incompetent at their jobs besides poor Lasky. If Halo 5 is anything to by, it's really starting to feel like they're even pushing the fan-favorites and veteran characters to the side for the sake of their own shit.
Tanaka's AI is dumb as shit and I hate her for watching me die numerous times. That is all.
[QUOTE=G3rman;48934468]Halo 4 ending cinematic made it pretty clear Spartan-II's are much taller and thicker than Spartan-IV's so yeah, it's reasonable to assume that everything, including both of those, would be larger. That is, if 343 bothered to invest in building at least four Spartan different bodies.[/QUOTE] I doubt they did tbh. From watching some of the missions the Spartan IVs are massive compared to everyone, Palmer looks like she's grown 2 feet since Halo 4.
[QUOTE=RikohZX;48934522]post[/QUOTE] Bungie's and 343's Halos are very different for various reasons. 4 and especially 5 focus much more on the Spartans themselves. That old atmosphere of being alone is now gone. Chief is no longer the lone wolf, with a non-combat ally, that he was during that original 3 games. He's back to being a leader and acts as one by barking out commands and getting direct combat feedback. As for Osiris you have the "younger" line of Spartans are not even close to being Blue Team. They're cocky, loud, and but are still well trained. Blue team was bred for war and that's what they do best in a cold and efficient way. They aren't humans, they're equipment/machines. The game is no long about the Halos, the flood threat, or the Covenant. It is about the Spartans the shit they have to deal with for being Spartans. [editline]19th October 2015[/editline] Halo 4 was about Chief and how he was more of a machine than Cortana. Halo 5 is about an old broken Spartan trying get the one last bit of humanity he had left.
[QUOTE=Vodkavia;48934608]Halo 6 is about spartans dealing with high levels of unemployment and poor veterans benefits after completing their service[/QUOTE] Does Locke have to help Chief overcome a horrible drug addiction? [sp]and that drug is Cortana's booty?[/sp]
[QUOTE=Makol;48934563]The game is no long about the Halos, the flood threat, or the Covenant. It is about the Spartans the shit they have to deal with for being Spartans.[/QUOTE] And the problem with this is that the character writing is (variably and subjectively) shit. I'm sorry, if I only care for the pre-established characters from Chief all the way to Buck but none of the new Spartans even remotely make me raise an eyebrow, there's a problem. Particularly because they all feel like movie military folks with none of the charm. I don't know why Chief in Bungie's works were more memorable, but hell, I prefer even Noble Six or The Rookie (who they unceremoniously killed off in a half-assed way to justify Buck being in Halo 5). There was something about everyone in the older games that just oozed character, even if they were more accessories to the plot than the focus of the plot.
[QUOTE=RikohZX;48934653]And the problem with this is that the character writing is (variably and subjectively) shit. I'm sorry, if I only care for the pre-established characters from Chief all the way to Buck but none of the new Spartans even remotely make me raise an eyebrow, there's a problem. [B]Particularly because they all feel like movie military folks[/B]. I don't know why Chief in Bungie's works were more memorable, but hell, I prefer even Noble Six or The Rookie (who they unceremoniously killed off in a half-assed way to justify Buck being in Halo 5). There was something about everyone in the older games that just oozed character, even if they were more accessories to the plot than the focus of the plot.[/QUOTE] Because they are. [QUOTE]As for Osiris you have the "younger" line of Spartans are not even close to being Blue Team. They're cocky, loud, and but are still well trained. [/QUOTE] Kelly, Fred, and Linda are all like Chief. The new Spartans are no where near what the Spartan IIs are. Personality wise the two are completely different. Spartan IIs and IIIs have a bit more in common, which explains why you may like Noble 6 more than everyone Osiris. IIs and IIIs are mostly machines, but the IIIs still have a bit more of their human side left. IVs are still very much human, which is exactly why they come off as movie military folk.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.