• Rainbow Six Series Thread - R.I.P TOM CLANCY <3
    5,001 replies, posted
Welp. First game of ranked I end up in a 1v5 on three different occasions. Time to cut ties with those folks. Thankfully made friends with a platinum on the other team.
every time I make friends with plats they never end up responding to my messages. assholes
Mine is Shadowfirelance. Feel free to add me on uplay.
Had a great streak of good matches so far. Last night I held up well against a team of plats and golds, even though we lost in OT. Today 7-0 on airplane, aced the last round as sledge with a clutch 1v4 win Next match on Bank, got 7-2, but again managed to clutch the win with bandit in the last second. They grabbed the hostage and I got the last 2 in a 1v2 situation. Lady luck is with my today.
[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4hzpft/all_the_ubisoft_supporters_out_there_saying_they/]This is the kinda shit that makes the Rainbow Six sub not worth going to.[/url] It's fucking unbelievable that this is the top thread on there right now.
[QUOTE=Banned?;50263740][url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4hzpft/all_the_ubisoft_supporters_out_there_saying_they/]This is the kinda shit that makes the Rainbow Six sub not worth going to.[/url] It's fucking unbelievable that this is the top thread on there right now.[/QUOTE] People don't get game development. Anything that's compared to Blizzard will always look bad because Blizzard can afford to stay in beta for decades without ever going bankrupt. If Ubi did that, they'd go broke or need to close down studios pretty damn fast.
I've started playing with VPN recently, y'know, just in case. My ping is fine since I use the closest VPN server available.
[QUOTE=Guiboune;50263778]People don't get game development. Anything that's compared to Blizzard will always look bad because Blizzard can afford to stay in beta for decades without ever going bankrupt. If Ubi did that, they'd go broke or need to close down studios pretty damn fast.[/QUOTE] They're not even the same [I]kind[/I] of game, yet people are pointing fingers like morons going "Why can't you do this??" Well, different companies, different development environments, different amounts of money to spend. It's such a fucking apples or oranges situation yet they're trying to make comparisons. Siege is also far and away more balanced than Overwatch might ever be.
Siege is literally the most balanced competitive game on the market right now.
Overwatch has it's dick so far shoved up everyone's ass it's ridiculous. Yeah it's fun and I enjoy it but damn they all need to calm down
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50264129]Siege is literally the most balanced competitive game on the market right now.[/QUOTE] Just needs match making tweaked a bit
There are still some things about Siege that could be balance better. Thatchers insane EMP radius, the general usefulness of some ops like IQ and Tachanka (possibly getting fixed in 3.0?), but in the grand scheme of things it's really fucking well balanced.
[QUOTE=Banned?;50264349]There are still some things about Siege that could be balance better. Thatchers insane EMP radius, the general usefulness of some ops like IQ and Tachanka (possibly getting fixed in 3.0?), but in the grand scheme of things it's really fucking well balanced.[/QUOTE] #maketachankagreatagain
The main things wrong with him imo all come down to mobility. It's simply too hard to place the gun down in a decent spot and most spots aren't good for him. Then if he needs to move quickly, he simply cannot. Something that could fix this could be some sort of quick adjustment for him, where you can pick it up and slowly move and replace the gun which would be a very quick transition and would be much more effective than having to pick it up and move it which could take 10-15 seconds. That and maybe giving him some sort of head protection albeit at the cost of peripheral vision could work nicely to prevent the team from simply finding him and instantly headshotting him.
The 3 second timer for defenders should be eliminated for the first 5 seconds of the match. Should be immediate detection for those first five seconds. Then it can be normal
Played against someone who was walling. It was completely obvious (every hit was a headshot, knew where I was hiding despite no drone) and no one on the other team believed. Fucking loser. Only at the end of the round when he was the last kill and it was clear did the other team actually go "oh shit maybe he is hacking"
[QUOTE=Code3Response;50264708]The 3 second timer for defenders should be eliminated for the first 5 seconds of the match. Should be immediate detection for those first five seconds. Then it can be normal[/QUOTE] That's...actually a really good idea. Probably better than eliminating the timer completely.
what's the lowest price point siege has been at and is there any gameplay content locked behind the season pass, or is it all just skins and "pay to grind less"?
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;50264860]what's the lowest price point siege has been at and is there any gameplay content locked behind the season pass, or is it all just skins and "pay to grind less"?[/QUOTE] Pay to grind less and skins.
also season pass lets you play new operators a week before non-holders
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;50264860]what's the lowest price point siege has been at and is there any gameplay content locked behind the season pass, or is it all just skins and "pay to grind less"?[/QUOTE] Pretty sure the lowest it's been at it 40% off so far. No gameplay is locked, it's just "pay to grind less" and the grind isn't even anything to complain about if you just regularly play. It costs 25k renown (soft currency) to unlock [I]all[/I] the base operators then 25k for each operator after that. It's about 25 hours to get 25k renown. Then there is weapon attachments but those are minor renown cost.
[QUOTE=Banned?;50264841]That's...actually a really good idea. Probably better than eliminating the timer completely.[/QUOTE] Its good to have, but it would eliminate the spawn snipes
Neat, lightning adjustments coming in patch 3.0.
Spawnkills are fine. Just gotta be cautious.
The MAC-10 still needs adjustment. Some Diamond guy uses it as if it was never patched.
[QUOTE=sa2fan;50265548]The MAC-10 still needs adjustment. Some Diamond guy uses it as if it was never patched.[/QUOTE] Because they changed it in the wrong way. It arguably made it worse in close quarters but still the same at range. Just remove the ACOG. Seriously.
[QUOTE=sa2fan;50265548]The MAC-10 still needs adjustment. Some Diamond guy uses it as if it was never patched.[/QUOTE] That thing is [I]still [/I]WAY too accurate for its ROF
[QUOTE=Banned?;50265677]Because they changed it in the wrong way. It arguably made it worse in close quarters but still the same at range. Just remove the ACOG. Seriously.[/QUOTE] If they removed ACOG from the game entirely I wouldn't be opposed I don't know why but I can't fucking stand seeing it slapped on Bandit's dinky little MP7 and watch him get headshots from across the map
I have no issue with it on assault rifles or SMGs but sidearm ACOG is ridiculous.
With how the ACOG works in all of its weirdness to help get rid of glare while looking through windows, if they removed it from all SMG's that would just be fucking over defenders. I don't even think it should be removed completely. The SMG-11 is a specific offender because it's a sidearm. That is dumb imo. I'm not complaining about how it can be used to snipe, I just think it's stupid that they're allowing a sidearm to be equipped so well. Maybe just don't let it use optics at all. In Smokes case, the worse offender of the users of the SMG-11, it allows him to basically use it as a primary weapon and that is just dumb.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.