• Rainbow Six Series Thread - R.I.P TOM CLANCY <3
    5,001 replies, posted
Any tips on how to win a 1v1 vs. Blackbeard? I always lose because of his shield.
[QUOTE=iAvalon;50685768]Any tips on how to win a 1v1 vs. Blackbeard? I always lose because of his shield.[/QUOTE] Don't try and play peek games with him/let him come to you; aim low. Just try to avoid it being a 1v1 situation more so than with a shield op lol. I believe that is another reason why he was implemented because everyone was burned in on 1 hit kill headshots so much people are used to having their crosshair placement at head level, and so they continue to do so when they run into BB and if your at his head and both of you peek guess who wins... so if you have information of there being a BB and where he is just let him to the walking unless you have a good flank, and just light up his legs/midriff.
[QUOTE=XcinoeZ;50686054]Don't try and play peek games with him/let him come to you; aim low. Just try to avoid it being a 1v1 situation more so than with a shield op lol. I believe that is another reason why he was implemented because everyone was burned in on 1 hit kill headshots so much people are used to having their crosshair placement at head level, and so they continue to do so when they run into BB and if your at his head and both of you peek guess who wins... so if you have information of there being a BB and where he is just let him to the walking unless you have a good flank, and just light up his legs/midriff.[/QUOTE] You say that but people constantly get headshots on him due to how the animations work, even when he's looking in your direction.
[QUOTE=Hogie bear;50686268]You say that but people constantly get headshots on him due to how the animations work, even when he's looking in your direction.[/QUOTE] I mean this is definitely a true story and has happened to me many times when I've played BB (I don't generally play him) I only go against him and have had success and seen more success with people hitting him low and letting some recoil do work. People get easy kills with headshots if he is able to be flanked or some reason turns his side but most of the time if you try to fight him head on headshot v headshot and are against a skilled BB you will loose.
[QUOTE=iAvalon;50685768]Any tips on how to win a 1v1 vs. Blackbeard? I always lose because of his shield.[/QUOTE] Shoot for the abdomin/legs
[QUOTE=Code3Response;50687196]Shoot for the abdomin/legs[/QUOTE] Obv. that, but what about when he is peeking/laying down? Just avoid him?
[QUOTE=iAvalon;50690299]Obv. that, but what about when he is peeking/laying down? Just avoid him?[/QUOTE] Treat him like a very accurate shield. So don't ever peek him cause he'll win all the time, 98% of the time, sneak around and if you got Nitro, use it.
I find nitros don't really work well against him since he has a AR. I'd say never engage him directly from the front if possible and try to flank him.
I've had good luck with my nitros so far, although I never tried it too much when he's rappelling from windows but hitting it square in the middle of the frame seems to do it. [editline]11th July 2016[/editline] Also, anyone else use the velcro rip sound to just chase away potential danger? :v:
3.4 patchnotes [url]http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1470486[/url]
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;50691685]3.4 patchnotes [url]http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1470486[/url][/QUOTE] A Pulse buff? Oh dear god. Please no. And still no Tachanka buff ? Come on Ubi, I bet he's still used the least.
[QUOTE=Guiboune;50691728]A Pulse buff? Oh dear god. Please no. And still no Tachanka buff ? Come on Ubi, I bet he's still used the least.[/QUOTE] I mean when they were doing the Russia Day thing he was #2
they can buff tachanka by removing his dumb ass ww2 machine gun and giving him a useful gadget
[QUOTE=elitehakor;50691850]they can buff tachanka by removing his dumb ass ww2 machine gun and giving him a useful gadget[/QUOTE] keep the machine gun, make it mobile, only 1 belt, slow walking. :cool: [editline]11th July 2016[/editline] I mean it does rip through walls and do a lot of damage to blackbeard's shield for example
That pulse buff is bullshit. They could have made it more reliable without giving him an entire view while using it
pulse already seemed powerful and played enough, to me. weird to see him get buffed
only hackers pick Pulse anyway to have an excuse. :downs:
I like the buff. Too often the sensor is inaccurate or too vague.
This game is way more enjoyable when you get matched with great randoms as teammates.
seige is RS in name only. not even close to resembling the franchise. vegas was noobified but it still felt like it was a rs game even if noobed up seige is closer to like battlefield gameplay but on tiny maps with 1 life. game focuses on having epic cool animations instead of being tactical game. just look at how the cross hairs are giant, but iron sights magicaly give you 100% accuracy. thats not realistic at all. you dont see people in real life running around and then snapping their gun to their face and then snapping it back down to hip. stupid game betrayed rainbow six
One of my biggest problems with this game is the laser sights. And not even that enemies can see them, but that they don't fucking work. I mean, take out a pistol with a laser, aim at the wall, shoot and the bullet doesn't end up where the sight is but somewhere completely else. I feel like it's complete bullshit.
[QUOTE=Lance99;50701622]One of my biggest problems with this game is the laser sights. And not even that enemies can see them, but that they don't fucking work. I mean, take out a pistol with a laser, aim at the wall, shoot and the bullet doesn't end up where the sight is but somewhere completely else. I feel like it's complete bullshit.[/QUOTE] yep its cheap crap. but apperntly thats super realistic because if you dont use iron sights bullets magicially turn 90 degrees and shoot sideways
[QUOTE=krh235;50701342]seige is RS in name only. not even close to resembling the franchise. vegas was noobified but it still felt like it was a rs game even if noobed up seige is closer to like battlefield gameplay but on tiny maps with 1 life. game focuses on having epic cool animations instead of being tactical game. just look at how the cross hairs are giant, but iron sights magicaly give you 100% accuracy. thats not realistic at all. you dont see people in real life running around and then snapping their gun to their face and then snapping it back down to hip. stupid game betrayed rainbow six[/QUOTE] I'm gonna respond sincerely because you pissed me the fuck off, even if you're trolling. Rainbow Six Siege is the greatest multiplayer tactical shooter in FPS history. Not only does it have an excellent system for health (No regeneration and one-shot headshot kills) but it also effectively blends strategic prowess with gun skills and unique character choices. There is no game with more balance and more brought to the table than Siege does with the selection of operators. A match goes entirely different based on your operators. No thermite? Good luck getting in that room. Mute and castle sealed it up and your Thatcher is down? Better hope you have an ash or sledge. Only a blitz and Blackbeard left against a full stack? Let's see how well they work together. When you factor in the map balance and overall feeling of Siege, it takes the cake as the best FPS of all time when it comes to intelligent multiplayer with an emphasis on good teamwork. It feels different from old R6 games but it is light years ahead of where the old games are. If you want realism, go play ARMA. Don't be an elitist shit and disrespect one of the greatest games ever made.
no health regeneration and 1 shot headshots is not innovative to me. thats not new at all so that system isnt anything worth saying like they did a good job. theres gonna be some people who like the new game and some people who wont like the new game. you like the game and i dont but what makes me mad is that we keep getting new tom clancy games that are completely different type of series. it leaves a lot of the old fans mad. its not being an elitist its having their old games turned into something else. and its changes in a way oh we got to keep things fresh its just completely different [editline]13th July 2016[/editline] and also imagine RS seige 2 comes out and its a total cod clone or something but its like a good call of duty. some people will love it and then you will be like wtf happened to seige
You're talking like some elitist but to be honest, me personally being a fan of Raven Shield and having played it vividly, I enjoy Siege and I like what it provides because Vegas and Vegas 2 to me were already breaking the formula that Rainbow Six provided. My only main gripe is the fact that yes, the PVE gamemodes has been reduced to dumb AI in Terror Hunt which never was my favourite gamemode anyway, and anything story related was brought down to the Article 5 mission, and that's p much where I find Rainbow Six ends. Because apparently multiplayer is considered a "alternative universe" or "operator training" and has nothing to do with Rainbow Six. And if you wanna tell me that Raven Shield or Vegas multiplayer is way better than Siege, you must be delusional. Raven Shield required you to move at a snail's pace if you wanted to have any accuracy or alternatively use the Zoom feature and Vegas already had the same formula of ADS for better accuracy. And tbh, Siege has to be one of the slowest multiplayer FPS' of this generation cause it sure as hell ain't no CS:GO, so the tactical approach is still there. But I guess I am agreeing to what you're saying somewhat, I personally don't find Siege to be a 'Rainbow Six' game since it pretty much ends after the Article 5 mission. [editline]13th July 2016[/editline] Also, Rainbow Six always boiled down to shooting terrorists non-stop anyway, if you wanted deep tactical action, pray for SWAT 5.
Grim hit the nail on the head with old R6 vs new R6. Terrorist Hunt is absolutely embarrassing in Siege and shouldn't even be a mode. There should've been at least an effort to make a campaign or 5v5 AI. Siege is incredibly slow paced for a first person shooter and the only reason to move quick is peekers advantage. No health regeneration and one shot headshots are innovative for mainstream multiplayer FPS. Vegas was decent for multiplayer but had mechanics that were WAY too clunky and unresponsive. Shooting didn't feel right. Bullets in Siege have an actual impact. If you think the old RS games are better from a multiplayer standpoint you're absolutely batshit insane. Siege has the framework to be the best competitive shooter ever, even over games like CS:GO. The only thing holding it back right now is the issues with the latency and a still-improving set of servers that can shit out at times. [editline]13th July 2016[/editline] [QUOTE=krh235;50701657]yep its cheap crap. but apperntly thats super realistic because if you dont use iron sights bullets magicially turn 90 degrees and shoot sideways[/QUOTE] This is entirely to prevent OP shields. It's unrealistic but a necessary move. Otherwise shields are untouchable and we see CS:GO accuracy from hipfiring.
I disagree with the one shot headshots being a good change. It's annoying as hell whenever you die instantly by a stray bullet and it simply favors high rpm over damage.
I've said this for a while but I guess no one actually realizes that one shot headshots ruin gun balance, when pistols have the exact same damage to the head, along with anything else. it means that spraying is incentivised, so are high rpm weapons, if you're a good shot, which most people certainly are, coupled with the slow movement, it means that most of the time when you get killed at a high level its going to be through a headshot. csgo has great headshot balancing because smaller weapons like pistols and smg's take 2-3+ headshots to kill someone, since they have high rates of fire/are sidearms. it most certainly isnt innovative at all, especially for a pro scene, where people will have a headshot rate of over 50%. its why people will almost always go for full auto weapons and ones with the highest apm, its why sledges sidearm caused so many problems for so long. (also no health regeneration is kinda a staple in competitive games. so I dont see why thats innovating.) as for toppling csgo, it wont happen, mainly because its a full price game. but I also feel that its time for competitive has passed because it has taken so long to get an anti-cheat ready that a lot of people have left.
One shot headshots allow for focus on accuracy over simply pouring in bullets IMO. If I know where the enemy is and I turn the corner I have a huge advantage in terms of accuracy and it should be reflected. Without one shot headshot you have a huge issue where it becomes less about knowledge of the current situation or preparation for a move and it relies solely on gun skills. Maybe it's different on PC but in the console community it's much nicer. No health regeneration is very rare in modern FPS games. It likely won't topple CS:GO in terms of how large of a community and competitive scene solely due to how ridiculously big CS:GO got. The framework is there for something truly special though, it's just a matter of tweaking to make sure shit like bad hit recognition isn't an issue. The actual gameplay of Siege is easily better than CS:GO though for a team-based competition.
I dont feel like it allows for a focus on accuracy because you can just get a high rpm gun and spam it, and as long as you get a headshot, the overall damage doesnt matter. now, if guns had actual recoil to them? yea, that would make sense. but they dont. guns in this game basically have call of duty recoil that is extremely controllable. I feel like if it had cs style recoil that took a lot of effort and skill to control after the first shot or two, it would be better balanced.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.