• Rainbow Six Series Thread - R.I.P TOM CLANCY <3
    5,001 replies, posted
When will we get games with actual personal protection simulation or at least the very anime-like armour breakage (bits fall off until exposed). Because yeah the one-hit headshots can feel pretty devastating, while I adore the realism of it it can (as previously stated) fuck with the gun balance, cause I've seen most people pick IQ nowdays cause of the low recoil AUG A2 with silencer. Same goes for shotguns, if one pellet catches ya at the very edge of the spread pattern, gg. anyhoot, sometimes you just can't help it. [t]http://i.imgur.com/Ku80Cuc.jpg[/t]
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50701983]One shot headshots allow for focus on accuracy over simply pouring in bullets IMO.[/QUOTE] Complete opposite, why do you think high level Siege favors high rpm?
Why does this game have no Replay feature like RocketLeauge. When a round ends you decide if you want to save the replay or ditch it. Dont want to have shadowplay running all the time.
[QUOTE=Novangel;50702024]Complete opposite, why do you think high level Siege favors high rpm?[/QUOTE] I mean when you're anticipating something. If you're running and gunning it favors high RPM because of amounts of bullets you're sending the enemy's way. If I turn the corner knowing an enemy is there I don't wanna have to deal with losing a gun fight when I have the upper hand solely because I can't do enough immediate damage to drop them.
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50702187]I mean when you're anticipating something. If you're running and gunning it favors high RPM because of amounts of bullets you're sending the enemy's way. If I turn the corner knowing an enemy is there I don't wanna have to deal with losing a gun fight when I have the upper hand solely because I can't do enough immediate damage to drop them.[/QUOTE] You can still have headshot damage without one shot headshots on all guns.
Jesus christ i keep getting paired with incredibly shitty teams, I mean i get paired with people that are more or less my level but they are so awful its incredible, (They dont reinforce walls, they split up and go on their own, Dont use their gadgets ) and of course shoot awfully bad..
[QUOTE=RichyZ;50702210]in high level play players are expected to anticipate enemies at any turn, this happens in cs and siege[/QUOTE] I'm talking about knowing someone is there not having lightning reflexes because you're one of the best in the world.
Has anyone else had hit detection go in their favor lately? I've been in a few fights now where [I]I know[/I] that the other person has hit me a couple times, but I kill them and I still have 100 health. For instance, Glaz shot me through a wall on airplane and my operator made the sound, my screen had the effects, and the indicator came up... but I was still at 100
IMO, Siege is my favourite game of 2015. The strategy aspect of it is the best I've ever seen in an fps and team coordination is super important as well as incredibly satisfying when you get a nice team. The balance is near perfect, no operator feels OP, they all have their strengths and counters. It's the only multiplayer-only game that isn't frustrating to me, if I die, it was probably my fault for doing something stupid or not working as a team. It's not the type of game where the guy with 5 billion hours played will twitch reflex the entire other team by jumping everywhere, it's the game where, with strategy and teamwork, you can destroy the guy with 5 billion hours played with a team of noobs. That and the level destruction is fucken awesome. The only things I wish it was : - Cheaper : no other multiplayer-only shooter is full-price and I don't think it will survive long if it keeps the price above 20$. - Proper singleplayer : at this rate, the playerbase will most likely be gone in 3-4 years and it will take insane amounts of time to find 10 players to start a match. Terrorist hunt is kinda fun but most of the operators are useless considering the amount of gadgets they have. Give us like a "practice" mode with NPC operators and I'll be happy.
It's already taking 3x the wait time to find five players...
[QUOTE=Guiboune;50703669] The balance is near perfect, no operator feels OP, they all have their strengths and counters. [/QUOTE] [t]http://i.imgur.com/HkBS0SK.jpg[/t] I wouldnt really say that (picked operators in esl)
poor chanka
I prefer using what is picked by normal players. ESL doesn't accurately depict the balancing in normal multiplayer.
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50703971]I prefer using what is picked by normal players. ESL doesn't accurately depict the balancing in normal multiplayer.[/QUOTE] I dunno, from what ive seen its the same operators in casual.
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50703971]I prefer using what is picked by normal players. ESL doesn't accurately depict the balancing in normal multiplayer.[/QUOTE] Especially since they all have their strategies all planned up even before starting the competition. I've never seen a team change their operators based on the enemy team, they pretty much always pick the same and "stick with the plan".
Why is Ash always picked? I don't see a reason to why she's very popular besides "I can breach 5 walls".
[QUOTE=Destroyox;50704036]Why is Ash always picked? I don't see a reason to why she's very popular besides "I can breach 5 walls".[/QUOTE] So you don't have to get close to a barricade and risk being shot.
Breaching from afar
[QUOTE=RichyZ;50703988]though you'll rarely ever see the lowest picked esl operators in casual even, montagne or tachanka are almost always open[/QUOTE] Those are really the only two exceptions. Kapkan is finally getting love now so it's basically chanka and Montague.
[QUOTE=Code3Response;50704056]Breaching from afar[/QUOTE] Maybe I'm just in a scrub ranking or something but that's never really been that useful besides a couple of scenarios. Like I wouldn't think you'd need that every game.
[QUOTE=Destroyox;50704150]Maybe I'm just in a scrub ranking or something but that's never really been that useful besides a couple of scenarios. Like I wouldn't think you'd need that every game.[/QUOTE] Theres a lot of stuff you dont need every game. But on particular maps she is very useful.
[QUOTE=Destroyox;50704036]Why is Ash always picked? I don't see a reason to why she's very popular besides "I can breach 5 walls".[/QUOTE] ash has a small hitbox and because of her speed and the latency in this game, her hitbox won't always align with her model. also her breaching rounds are really good at getting rid of shields and barbed wire.
With the castle shield glitch still in the game and Ash being damn near unhittable she's a lock. Also safest to get castle doors. Glaz gets used pretty often from what I've seen just for his damage output. Doc is kind of just shit from a gadget standpoint. Best lineup is Blackbeard, Thatcher, Thermite, Ash, and Blitz/Sledge on offense. Defense is Mute, Castle, Rook, Valk, and Pulse.
[QUOTE=Guiboune;50704021] I've never seen a team change their operators based on the enemy team, they pretty much always pick the same and "stick with the plan".[/QUOTE] You can't change your operators according to the team, can you? You can't see what the other team is picking. Counter-picking doesn't seem viable in this game.
[QUOTE=WillerinV1.02;50706019]You can't change your operators according to the team, can you? You can't see what the other team is picking. Counter-picking doesn't seem viable in this game.[/QUOTE] Well, if you played 2 rounds against a team with Jager, you can kind of assume they're gonna have a Jager for the 3rd round. And they play way more than 3 rounds in the tournaments.
[QUOTE=Guiboune;50706030]Well, if you played 2 rounds against a team with Jager, you can kind of assume they're gonna have a Jager for the 3rd round. And they play way more than 3 rounds in the tournaments.[/QUOTE] Oh, for sure, but I still don't think that gives way to very reliable counter-picking. If people started counter-picking that way, it'd be easy for one team to trick another, I think. Besides, operators can counter each other but theres very few hard counters, right? Then again, I know very little about competitive play in this game and still haven't touched ranked after 50 levels, so maybe I'm completely wrong.
Looking for a casual game seems to take forever now
[QUOTE=Destroyox;50704036]Why is Ash always picked? I don't see a reason to why she's very popular besides "I can breach 5 walls".[/QUOTE] Breaching from safety, great gun, 1:3.
[QUOTE=RichyZ;50703988]though you'll rarely ever see the lowest picked esl operators in casual even, montagne or tachanka are almost always open[/QUOTE] Montagne was my starter attacker and I immediately replaced him. He just really seems like an operator with a mostly selfish ability. Like, if I picked Fuze, I'd still have a shield, but I'd be able to fuck anyone anywhere they didn't put an ADS. If I picked Blitz, I could be a human flashbang around corners and be able to shoot while they're blind and I could give my team the "he's flashed come help shoot him". Montagne just has a shield that turns into a better shield and I feel like Blackbeard is a better breacher than him because he can accurately shoot a primary from behind the shield, even if it is smaller.
[QUOTE=gk99;50706167]Montagne was my starter attacker and I immediately replaced him. He just really seems like an operator with a mostly selfish ability. Like, if I picked Fuze, I'd still have a shield, but I'd be able to fuck anyone anywhere they didn't put an ADS. If I picked Blitz, I could be a human flashbang around corners and be able to shoot while they're blind and I could give my team the "he's flashed come help shoot him". Montagne just has a shield that turns into a better shield and I feel like Blackbeard is a better breacher than him because he can accurately shoot a primary from behind the shield, even if it is smaller.[/QUOTE] Right now he's just a distraction to the enemy, his only usefulness is baiting people into throwing him c4.... which isn't really a good thing when you think about it. That or scouting a room but drones can already do that.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.