• Rainbow Six Series Thread - R.I.P TOM CLANCY <3
    5,001 replies, posted
With a coordinated team he can be a good distraction, but really why take the risk?
Montagne is a great play if you have a capable support player who can fire around him while they're busy trying to hit him, but I pick Blitz every time because he can actually easily hold his own in a 1-1 whereas it's a lot harder with montagne
Montagne is really good in some situations, but I've had those situations happen only every so often. Like capturing the area with only one entrance point, just have him in the doorway blocking it. (If there's any Nitro characters it's not so good :v:) And the obvious distraction but yeah. I'm not sure cause I like him, I usually pick him when I have a buddy or two, but I can see why it's not an ESL pick. [editline]14th July 2016[/editline] Also, kinda proud of this almost team wipe I got. [vid]https://my.mixtape.moe/ubtmgg.webm[/vid]
i like montagne, and hes a really fun operator to play/scan rooms with, but thats for casual. You can just drone and use blitz which is far better.
[QUOTE=gk99;50706167]Montagne was my starter attacker and I immediately replaced him. He just really seems like an operator with a mostly selfish ability. Like, if I picked Fuze, I'd still have a shield, but I'd be able to fuck anyone anywhere they didn't put an ADS. If I picked Blitz, I could be a human flashbang around corners and be able to shoot while they're blind and I could give my team the "he's flashed come help shoot him". Montagne just has a shield that turns into a better shield and I feel like Blackbeard is a better breacher than him because he can accurately shoot a primary from behind the shield, even if it is smaller.[/QUOTE] But Fuze with a shield is garbage.
[QUOTE=Banned?;50709034]But Fuze with a shield is garbage.[/QUOTE] Sure he's garbage with a shield but he's still better than Montagne
[QUOTE=gk99;50709389]Sure he's garbage with a shield but he's still better than Montagne[/QUOTE] I agree because you get a strong pistol and he still has a useful gadget that can score kills or DBNOs easy; Whilst Tagne just has his shield stack and not much else and you can't even do anything when stacked up. But like others have stated my favi shield is Blitz as he can hold his own with people if you know how to move right and avoid c4's.
[QUOTE=gk99;50709389]Sure he's garbage with a shield but he's still better than Montagne[/QUOTE] Disagree. His shield is incredibly small and usually easier to get by than Blitz or Montague. His gadget can be extremely limited at times. Usually you gotta be above the enemy to fuse anyways, so what's the point of having a shield if you're roaming hard without a flash shield? Blitz has great offense but Fuze is a shit Montague on offense.
Wtf is the castle glitch??
Set up a shield right infront of a doorway and then castle it from behind, unless they have an Ash or people with nades, ya can't put a charge on it.
Yea I hate people who have 3.5+WL and 2.5+KD who play casual at this time of night. Completely killed the game for me. That, and I can never be paired with a team who knows that the fuck they're doing
So I've been soloing for the last couple of days and it's kinda annoying to face against a premade team that consists plats and diamonds (thanks 1.5 kd) with random teammates on casual sooo if anyone wants to team up just hit me up on steam. Doesn't really matter whether you're from NA or Asia since I don't sleep much.
Just a reminder to check club.ubi.com to check your friend requests. Checked mine today and found 3 in there. uPlay client still a pile of shit
In case you guys haven't heard, Ubi is giving all players the French Flag Charm at a later date due to the attack in France the other day. [QUOTE= Ubisoft Community Manager on r/Rainbow6]We are deeply saddened by the attacks in France on Bastille Day. Out of respect, we ended the Bastille Day Challenge and will be applying the French Flag charm to all accounts that own the game as of today. We will update you with the date that the charm will be added to your accounts next week. -Its_Epi[/QUOTE]
Buffs for operators that might help? Twitch's shock drone needs a damage buff (15 instead of 10). Castle needs 4 barricades. Bandit should electrocute all touching metals. Walls. Shields. Barbwire. You name it. With the buff for mute we saw a huge devaluation of how useful Bandit is for slowing down attackers. Doc needs a buff with a better weapon or a higher health percentage when revived. Currently he just isn't useful enough to be picked over other defenders. Tachanka needs to have the LMG be portable, with a tremendous cut to speed.
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50720665]Twitch's shock drone needs a damage buff (15 instead of 10).[/QUOTE] The problem I have with picking Twitch is not that I think her drone does too little damage, it's that why would I pick an Operator with subpar weapons and an unique gadget that's basically a glorified combat drone that can't jump, can still be one shot, and is bigger than a regular drone over someone like Fuse or Thermite? If you wanna buff Twitch, I think she should be able to have 2 Shock Drones. 1 would be used during the Prep Phase instead of the regular drone so she can possibly disable defender gadgets before the round start.
[QUOTE=SurReal223;50720999]why would I pick an Operator with subpar weapons[/QUOTE] The FAMAS is pretty good, though.
Subpar weapons? The FAMAS is monstrous man. I like the idea of a prep phase shock drone though.
[QUOTE=Chernobyl426;50721134]Subpar weapons? The FAMAS is monstrous man. I like the idea of a prep phase shock drone though.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=cowsaysoink;50721088]The FAMAS is pretty good, though.[/QUOTE] Is it? Its recoil and fire rate felt like it'd be too heavy for attacking a hull-down position. I personally don't like it myself, but I barely use the operators that happen to use it so I guess I don't have a good idea on how to properly use it. :s:
can we have a discord a official R6 discord EDIT: i just made one, im still setting it up [url]https://discord.gg/HspBERs[/url] EDIT 2: alright I finished setting it up.
[QUOTE=Maadz;50721221]can we have a discord a official R6 discord EDIT: i just made one, im still setting it up [url]https://discord.gg/HspBERs[/url][/QUOTE] Thank you!
ranked matchmaking makes no sense tbh i have higher stats then someone whos platinum, but im silver???
[QUOTE=SurReal223;50721179]Is it? Its recoil and fire rate felt like it'd be too heavy for attacking a hull-down position. I personally don't like it myself, but I barely use the operators that happen to use it so I guess I don't have a good idea on how to properly use it. :s:[/QUOTE] famas has the best fire rate with the least amount of recoil you'd ever have on a rifle. combine that with the fastest gun to make holes in the walls minus tachanka's turret and buck's shotgun and you got yourself one of the best guns in the game.
Doc is pretty bad, on top of players mostly never getting downed, when they do, very rarely does Doc have the time to get into line of sight and shoot. That and sometimes you instead shoot your real gun at them by mistake. Oops. I feel like Doc would be a good choice if he could, like Rook, drop a bag of those adrenaline pistols. 1 charge each. Everyone can use them on themselves when down. Can't be shot anymore.
[QUOTE=Guiboune;50722592]Doc is pretty bad, on top of players mostly never getting downed, when they do, very rarely does Doc have the time to get into line of sight and shoot. That and sometimes you instead shoot your real gun at them by mistake. Oops. I feel like Doc would be a good choice if he could, like Rook, drop a bag of those adrenaline pistols. 1 charge each. Everyone can use them on themselves when down. Can't be shot anymore.[/QUOTE] Don't forget there are many times when you trade with players and this is another reason Doc comes in handy because then you can get yourself up quickly rather than having to shout at an incompetent team to rush and get you up.
FAMAS is good on recoil if you have a grip. :v: You could do something where Doc's revive pistol can go through unreinforced walls and floors?
Shit, maybe I should use the FAMAS more often then. I'll try it again next time I play the game. Also Doc's terrible because the downed player is just gonna get finished off before you can do anything about it 90% of the time. Even if you give him the Rook treatment with a bag of shots, the players are just gonna revive themselves into immediate death most of the time.
I wonder how op doc would be if he could walk up to people and 'heal' them to full health, with a limit of 2 or 3 times?
[QUOTE=Hogie bear;50724169]I wonder how op doc would be if he could walk up to people and 'heal' them to full health, with a limit of 2 or 3 times?[/QUOTE]I can't imagine that he'd be that OP considering how a single headshot puts you down for good no matter what your health is.
[QUOTE=bradleigh;50724280]how a single headshot puts you down for good no matter what your health is.[/QUOTE] Down? Don't Headshots just kill outright? EDIT: Disregard that, I misread that.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.