• Rainbow Six - Operation Blood Bagel (now with more traps)
    5,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Cyke Lon bee;53049698]Its because the B-team dev staff took over post release and have been making absolute visual garbage and literary trash. Most of the new operators tend to be special snowflake 13 year old concepts because they are.[/QUOTE] Any source for this?
[QUOTE=seba079;53049722]The worst part about that image is that two rings in the symbol are in front of the antenna and two behind [T]https://my.mixtape.moe/ujdhbx.jpg[/t][/QUOTE] I'd say it's better since it shows depth.
[QUOTE=Banned?;53049723]Any source for this?[/QUOTE] Yea. [Quote]Trace joined the Marines after high school, serving two tours in Iraq. After his discharge, he used his GI Bill money to put himself through college at Texas A&M and earned a Bachelor Degree of Science in Chemistry. He then joined the FBI. After four years as a field agent, he transferred to FBI SWAT.[1][/quote] [Quote]During a school trip to the Masurian Lake District, Zofia was prey to a disturbing prank that almost cost her life. While she played in the lake, three boys from her class took turns trying to drown her, just for 'fun'. This violent experience marked her with a deep mistrust of others. The following week, she has to sit beside her assailants in class. To deal with her growing anxiety, she decided to push her training further, and ensure she could rely on her skills for protection. Her father agreed to show her more ruthless techniques, given she would never question his methods. ...... Zofia was deployed to protect a team of engineers examining the perimeter. During a sudden landfall, she hitched a child over her back and ran as the ground disappeared from under her feet. The kid clung to her back and she gripped the edge with her bare hands for the next half hour as she hung over the abyss. To reward her special ability to withstand hardships, Zofia received a medal and was promoted to Second Lieutenant[/quote] One of these is half the bio from a initial release op, the other is 2 paragraphs from the novel that is the bio of a post release op. Theres a pretty clear difference in visuals and literature for release ops and post release ops. I don't think ubisoft has formally talked about it, but they don't really need to when the style of skins and characters has done a 180 since release.
So no source then.
[QUOTE=Banned?;53049765]So no source then.[/QUOTE] Yah wanna try and tell me the writing staff hasn't changed after readinf that hot garbage?
[QUOTE=Banned?;53049765]So no source then.[/QUOTE] Pretty sure what he posted is proof enough.
[QUOTE=Cyke Lon bee;53049780]Yah wanna try and tell me the writing staff hasn't changed after readinf that hot garbage?[/QUOTE] A sudden shift in popularity diverted focus to creating arguably more interesting characters with more personality, story, and connection between them. Whether that is a good or a bad thing is entirely up to you. Zofia and Ela (which is obvious these are the only two characters you're referring to) both seemed to have a special case exclusively for them. My theory was that Ubisoft wanted to make up slightly for the loss of a season and a map by giving players some story and lore between the characters.
[QUOTE=Taepodong-2;53049622]So Ubisoft did a fan made operator concept contest and [url=http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/pxm/RainbowSix/MJS/Intro.png]this... thing[/url] won. I really want to see how horrible the other ideas were if this was the winner.[/QUOTE] That doesn't even look that bad, most of your "horribleness" comes from the artstyle. Ela looks a hundred times worse and is an official character made by Ubisoft. [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] I don't care if operators don't look like SUPER REALISTIC MILITARY OPS because recognition and gameplay come first. There's only so much that can be done in terms of military outfits and if everyone looked the same then you wouldn't know who was who. As long as they aren't Ela tier design then it really isn't that big a deal.
I thought the OP's were all newbies in training anyway, it kinda makes sense they'd all be snowflakes.
[QUOTE=Mentlegen;53049863]That doesn't even look that bad, most of your "horribleness" comes from the artstyle. Ela looks a hundred times worse and is an official character made by Ubisoft. [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] I don't care if operators don't look like SUPER REALISTIC MILITARY OPS because recognition and gameplay come first. There's only so much that can be done in terms of military outfits and if everyone looked the same then you wouldn't know who was who. As long as they aren't Ela tier design then it really isn't that big a deal.[/QUOTE] What's wrong with Ela, aside from the ugly green hair?
[QUOTE=redBadger;53049796]A sudden shift in popularity diverted focus to creating arguably more interesting characters with more personality, story, and connection between them. Whether that is a good or a bad thing is entirely up to you. Zofia and Ela (which is obvious these are the only two characters you're referring to) both seemed to have a special case exclusively for them. My theory was that Ubisoft wanted to make up slightly for the loss of a season and a map by giving players some story and lore between the characters.[/QUOTE] You can chock it up to Ubisoft trying to give their ops overwatch style backstories and lore. But you dont go from concise descriptions of characters to backstories that get progressively more mary-sue with every new op. [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] [QUOTE=Mentlegen;53049863]That doesn't even look that bad, most of your "horribleness" comes from the artstyle. Ela looks a hundred times worse and is an official character made by Ubisoft. [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] I don't care if operators don't look like SUPER REALISTIC MILITARY OPS because recognition and gameplay come first. There's only so much that can be done in terms of military outfits and if everyone looked the same then you wouldn't know who was who. As long as they aren't Ela tier design then it really isn't that big a deal.[/QUOTE] You can do interesting and unique designs without giving a military character spandex pants and neon green hair. Valkyrie is wearing military gear and is still easily differentiated from other ops. Mira is wearing body armor that doesnt exist and even has an air compressor thing attached to her. Still looks cool and doesn't necessitate running pants. Ela and dok are the only female ops that fall into the realm of stupidity for no reason. Theres no reason to give them skintight spandex pants when fatigues exist.
I still can't believe that Ela exists, and it's not even because of her leggings. Her face genuinely looks unfinished, and it launched with her eyes very, very clearly broken.
[QUOTE=redBadger;53049903]What's wrong with Ela, aside from the ugly green hair?[/QUOTE] My biggest complaint with Ela's design is she doesn't have body armor and no magazine pouches whatsoever. Where does she keep her ammo?
It sounds like y'all have problems with two operators: Dokkabei and Ela. I'd argue Lesion is almost is worse due to dropping off his kids at soccer practice prior to coming to the mission. Otherwise, I think all the dlc ops are fine. Zofia and Ying are two new ops that are a fine compromise between "unique" styling and practicality. Also for IQ: which rifle do you guys prefer?
For IQ it depends on the situation. I have the AUG as a marksman rifle and the other rifle as a silenced, close range weapon. I never use the LMG
[QUOTE=redBadger;53049903]What's wrong with Ela, aside from the ugly green hair?[/QUOTE] Her outfit is 100% unsuited for combat in any way, shape, or form. Spandex tights with some weird hoodie and unnaturally colored hair is beyond suspension of belief. If she was a rebel then I wouldn't question it as much, but she's a soldier apart of the worlds only international anti-terrorist organization. The best of the best. No military organization in history would ever allow you to wear tights as your actual uniform, let alone one like R6. [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] [QUOTE=Cyke Lon bee;53049947][editline]13th January 2018[/editline] You can do interesting and unique designs without giving a military character spandex pants and neon green hair. Valkyrie is wearing military gear and is still easily differentiated from other ops. Mira is wearing body armor that doesnt exist and even has an air compressor thing attached to her. Still looks cool and doesn't necessitate running pants. Ela and dok are the only female ops that fall into the realm of stupidity for no reason. Theres no reason to give them skintight spandex pants when fatigues exist.[/QUOTE] I agree with you. Ela is literally my example of what not to do for this game. Hell I can even accept Lesions cargo shorts and Doks tights just because they're still wearing actual armor and gear. As long as they atleast look semi-realistic to what military personnal wear I'm fine with it. But wearing no practical combat gear is just.... Bad.
[QUOTE=redBadger;53049903]What's wrong with Ela, aside from the ugly green hair?[/QUOTE] can you hear that? it's tom clancy rolling in his grave
She fucking launched like this. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ddd7hHg.png[/img] Seriously? Seriously? It's so obviously rigged wrong
[QUOTE=NachoPiggy;53049679]One of the other entries I saw was this, this one actually sounds better [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqwe-3nKSUc[/media][/QUOTE] This is actually pretty cool, but would never be accepted as it would encourage spawn peeking. Imagine setting up one on an outside doorway. No way to tell if someone's peeking at all without getting close.
[QUOTE=Kabstrac;53050051]It sounds like y'all have problems with two operators: Dokkabei and Ela. I'd argue Lesion is almost is worse due to dropping off his kids at soccer practice prior to coming to the mission. Otherwise, I think all the dlc ops are fine. Zofia and Ying are two new ops that are a fine compromise between "unique" styling and practicality. Also for IQ: which rifle do you guys prefer?[/QUOTE] Lesion is wearing what he's wearing because he based on pictures of SDU wearing their gear over their plain clothes, just like how GSG9 is based on similar pictures
[QUOTE=Kabstrac;53049669] Boomerang drone [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] Didgeridoo that concusses enemies[/QUOTE] She's Maori (i.e. from New Zealand) not Aboriginal Australian; get cultured
[QUOTE=Kabstrac;53050051]It sounds like y'all have problems with two operators: Dokkabei and Ela. I'd argue Lesion is almost is worse due to dropping off his kids at soccer practice prior to coming to the mission. Otherwise, I think all the dlc ops are fine. Zofia and Ying are two new ops that are a fine compromise between "unique" styling and practicality. Also for IQ: which rifle do you guys prefer?[/QUOTE] Notice how all the cop ops in the game are wearing plainclothes under normal gear. Thats because they tend to get called at inconvenient times and don't always have time to blouse their fatigues over their combat boots, or really do much more than throw a POLICE sweatshirt on over their shirts. Thats why IQ is wearing pink sneakers and Lesion is wearing cargo shorts. [t]http://i.imgur.com/TjJHtHj.jpg[/t] [t]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/307367onlineImage.jpg[/t] [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] [QUOTE=Zombie Strider;53050243]She's Maori (i.e. from New Zealand) not Aboriginal Australian; get cultured[/QUOTE] So what could her special ability be then? Fuckin sheep?
[QUOTE=Kabstrac;53050051]It sounds like y'all have problems with two operators: Dokkabei and Ela. I'd argue Lesion is almost is worse due to dropping off his kids at soccer practice prior to coming to the mission. Otherwise, I think all the dlc ops are fine. Zofia and Ying are two new ops that are a fine compromise between "unique" styling and practicality. [/QUOTE] There's nothing wrong with Lesion. There's pictures of actual policemen like this, so why is he so bad? [IMG]https://cdn4.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980x551/public/2015/09/12/6a25d5fdf709733712bd80e3f5b1c049.jpg?itok=yUPuU3vR[/IMG] Dokkabei and Ela are just fucking awful. Ela is just some random person and like doesn't even have any tactical gear at all??? And one reason why Dokkabei is stupid is that her armor looks like a Star Wars prop. That's just one reason out of a million on why I don't like her design.
[QUOTE=Taepodong-2;53050045]My biggest complaint with Ela's design is she doesn't have body armor and no magazine pouches whatsoever. Where does she keep her ammo?[/QUOTE] a very adept anal cavity [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] dokka and ela remind me of overwatch in that its just designs catered to a demographic and made solely to sell, not to look cool or be functional ever wonder why frost and caveira dont have horrible tiny hitboxes? it rhymes with 'pouches and armor'
Dokkaebi's shoes and tactical yoga pants are dumb but the rest of her gear makes sense to me, Ela's much worse
Honestly what's the point arguing over which OP looks least realistic. They're in the game and they're here to stay. As long as they're not running around in bikinis and speedos, I'mma just keep playing my handsome boy Jackal and mystery man Mute and killing them
[QUOTE=Kabstrac;53050488]As long as they're not running around in bikinis and speedos[/QUOTE] I give it another 2 years tops before this unironically starts to happen. :v:
[QUOTE=RichyZ;53050342] dokka and ela remind me of overwatch in that its just designs catered to a demographic and made solely to sell, not to look cool or be functional ever wonder why frost and caveira dont have horrible tiny hitboxes? it rhymes with 'pouches and armor'[/QUOTE] This is what bothers me most. They don't look like they were designed to fit the world of the game they're in, just to appeal to the target demo.
[QUOTE=Keychain;53050506]I give it another 2 years tops before this unironically starts to happen. :v:[/QUOTE] Dead or Alive operator bundle?
I understand the plainclothes look but I really prefer uniforms
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.