• Mass Effect Megathread: He said "I should go." Do I sound like that?
    4,999 replies, posted
Alright, I'm caving in and buying the game Hopefully the writing/story doesn't disappoint (setting my standards kinda low for this one tbh) :dance:
I enjoyed ME3 but completely lost interest in DA:I like 20 hours in, is ME:A worth a buy?
[QUOTE=Nemisis116;52000264]I enjoyed ME3 but completely lost interest in DA:I like 20 hours in, is ME:A worth a buy?[/QUOTE] ME:A doesn't really play like Inquisition did. If you liked Mass Effect, you'll probably get something positive out of Andromeda. The writing can be weak at times (every time you meet a new species), but the plot is engaging, and the squadmates make up for it (imo, your mileage here may vary). If you're not sure, slap down $5 on Origin Access and try the game yourself. The first 5 or so hours of the main plot aren't the best the game has to offer, but if you're left wondering what's next, you'll enjoy it.
[QUOTE=Nemisis116;52000264]I enjoyed ME3 but completely lost interest in DA:I like 20 hours in, is ME:A worth a buy?[/QUOTE] Depends on why you lost interest in DA:I. Lore and galaxy? totally different, gameplay? totally different. The open world? Similar but I'd say better in some regards, stuff that felt lower quality or more grindy, such as the little scan radar circle are fixed, there is still fetch quests but they feel decent due to obvious world changes and a healthy amount of dialogue. More fleshed out quests are also in the game, things like the really zoomed out conversations are much less of a problem. In general, its a huge refinement of the DA:I open world concept and done much better. Where ME:A stumbles besides subjective/objective issues with writing and its style, is the technical problems it has. Its not STALKER tier janky but I'd say a bit better than Beth. Most bugs are cosmetic in nature, harmless, or quickly dealt with. But I won't lie, sometimes it doesn't feel polished like a 60 dollar game should, because well, it isn't. Should you buy? Debatable, I have no regrets getting it for full price. Its not perfect but it does a lot of things right and has a lot of content to offer. I can't tell you what price would be worth it, but I'd say at the least, that ME:A is worth keeping an eye on and worth playing at some point. No doubt many of these technical flaws will be fixed with patches over time.
HammerSis is real krogan shootface is real new map is real (and also frame eating)
Will it be better than firebase magma because fuck firebase magma
[QUOTE=27X;52000997]HammerSis is real krogan shootface is real new map is real (and also frame eating)[/QUOTE] So is this all coming very soon or within the coming months? Because damn that seems very early to be releasing DLC. Unless this was intended for an actual DLC and now is being released as PR damage control.
This is all live right now, already have the Ruzad at level 3 via packs. It's better than magma, especially you since you don't get blinded by one side of the entire map if you have a 10 bit monitor/tv and card/console... It does have a death trench in the center-bottom of the map though. The mission for it will last all weekend and is bronze so, you can spec it for chokes and vantages without being mauled to death. Baastian already said the "pack concept" for 3MP is not going to carry over except if it's bundled with SP DLC that actually changes the story elements, so this will be a thing going forward, kit+weapon+map+gear as warframe style mini sets, instead of entire kit rosters and weapon rosters.
Why the fuck can you not go back to single player from MP?
Got gifted Andromeda, guess I'll play it. Didn't plan on getting it, but hey, free game. :v:
Alright, fuck it, I'm going to play it now. I only hope that the character creation will be a soft blow
...I just came across people arguing that they shouldn't teach their children about the Milky Way. What. [I]what[/I]
[video=youtube;fPuhcfIlrDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPuhcfIlrDE[/video] Yup, it's already out.
Professional Animator on Reddit completely refuted another company's defense of the animations [quote]I am also an artist in the industry, and I completely disagree with everything being said here. To the point where the article feels like paid propaganda. None of the technical critiques are even remotely valid. The issues with animation come down to a person or persons not knowing what to do. Rigging can't be accidentally bad. You'd see the fuckup, and correct it in a few minutes. This correction would just apply to ALL animations moving forward. Modern animation is wonderfully easy to adjust. Most of the animation was SUPPOSED to be created at a motion capture studio, by all advertisements from EA. Think about that. It's 99% rigging and weights. Facial animation doesn't look remotely motion captured, it's the blend shapes of a hobbyist animator. Nor does the character creation have anything to do with the ACTUAL ISSUES being reported on STANDARD characters. Non facial animation is utterly atrocious, and doesn't look remotely like mocap data. They either outsourced the animations the last second when they found out how incompetent the person they hired was. Or just let the incompetent person do their thing for multiple years. There is no "understanding" or need for "tolerance". These animations would be inexcusable in the most lax environment. There is no "learning experience" in AAA studios like this. You have more money to pay more experienced people. The experience is on-boarded, not learned. The engine isn't even new. They have an ENTIRE other game (DA:I) to use for example too. I know highschoolers who can manually animate better than this. There was absolutely no excuse for this shoddy work, and this article is a blatant paid cover up attempt. Edit; Reading over this initial post, it's quite lax on technical details and was written in appalling anger over the articles cover up attempt. I hope to write up an anonymous critique, that should explain how glaring the non-technical issues are. Thanks everyone for your replies, and feel free to ask questions. I have some technical explanations throughout the thread, and there are other comments by professional animators that support. [/quote]
[QUOTE=Zeos;52002018]Professional Animator on Reddit completely refuted another company's defense of the animations[/QUOTE] what company, what defense i don't remember a single soul defending the animations, not even the people who are liking the game
[QUOTE=Ruh-roh;52002238]what company, what defense i don't remember a single soul defending the animations, not even the people who are liking the game[/QUOTE] [url]http://wccftech.com/naughty-dog-dev-explains-andromeda-animations/[/url]
What is weird is how good it looked in the beta footage of an artist's reel. Why did it just go completely backwards? In the same exact scene ingame, no less.
[QUOTE=Jericho_Rus;52002263][url]http://wccftech.com/naughty-dog-dev-explains-andromeda-animations/[/url][/QUOTE] naughty dog of all people, sheesh kinda hasty to call it borderline paid propaganda though. probably just a guy standing up for a friend or the profession, not that anyone will take it seriously because the animations are ass indeed
Like, there is 0 excuse for this game when 13 year old tech from Source 1 -automatically- rendered facial movements better than this game.
there are zero excuses because DA:I, while not amazing, still looked okay. even if they reused everything it would still be better than what we have right now, they actually put some effort into making it worse but eh i'm getting used to it. toggle the helmets on, go shoot some kett and you dont even see the faces
Also... why does Addison have so much sway? Or like, pretends to? Of all people, she's basically -your- lap dog, she can't do anything without your work, why is the first option when speaking to her not to just tell her to shut the fuck up and listen to me?
[QUOTE=Zeos;52002475]Also... why does Addison have so much sway? Or like, pretends to? Of all people, she's basically -your- lap dog, she can't do anything without your work, why is the first option when speaking to her not to just tell her to shut the fuck up and listen to me?[/QUOTE] ryder is a good boy/girl sam would double his/her vegetables if they were rude
Honestly I don't mind Addison being grumpy and hostile at first, but you think they'd show some respect after awhile. Like I am your only life-line, the only blood vein the initiative has.
I want. To Pull Out. Drack's Chin horns. They give me the heebiejeebies and I can't stop starting at them
[QUOTE=Zeos;52002449]Like, there is 0 excuse for this game when 13 year old tech from Source 1 -automatically- rendered facial movements better than this game.[/QUOTE] More likely than not the majority of facial animations in ME:A were probably automatically generated despite claims to the contrary.
[QUOTE=DeEz;52002561]More likely than not the majority of most facial animations in ME:A were probably automatically generated despite claims to the contrary.[/QUOTE] no computer known to man could generate the beautiful mess that is default sara ryder those confused and poetic animations were handicrafted by an artisan
[t]http://i.imgur.com/F2Y900P.jpg[/t] This is the result of my character creation session (I also customized Sara Ryder, but she's not that remarkable, since my main design idea about her was "make her look like she'd be his sister and a more scientist kind of girl with light makeup". Now, about the character creation as a whole, I can only say two things: 1) I was lucky because the male Ryder I was able to put together was [I]very close[/I] to the one I had in mind, but, given the general scarcity of customization options, especially compared to previous BioWare games (and even to Mass Effect 2 and 3, for crying out loud), and the fact you are pretty much bound to the preset you choose, I can totally understand people being pissed at it 2) Usually, when I create a character in a roleplaying videogame, I add scars, tatoos and the kind only if they look cool and/or add something worthwhile to the character. Andromeda's tatoos and scars all look like they were drawn by a kindergarden kid on the character's face with crayons I can't say anything else because I didn't get past the few first proper gameplay minutes of the game. I also think I've encountered a bug: since I had to restart the game from scratch, now, on the new game, I can't seem to talk to the asari doctor, some dialogue options are outright missing from the wheel and Cora won't show up for the scanner tutorial, making progressing forward impossible
Your character looks pretty much the same as mine. Would post a screen but stuck at work till 7am. After I realised there isn't a massive choice to the customization. I just gave up and went with what I managed to get thus far. But yes our two characters look very similar.
Quick question. How exactly to I create augments? I want to make a ME1 style gun but I'm not seeing any option to make any of the augments I researched.
I think you get a single augment copy when you research them and you can just put it in a weapon when you craft it
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.