• Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Spicing up goulash since 1403.
    1,576 replies, posted
[t]http://i.cubeupload.com/4yO5JF.jpg[/t] [t]http://i.cubeupload.com/ioLmUK.jpg[/t] Other than this and the fact that I am very bad at combat and keep dying the game is really good.
I've only encountered maybe one oddity. I failed to collect a dude's debt via fisticuffs, and I then knocked him out from behind. Later, as I was across town, he ran up to me and shouted about how I win and can take his belongings... After having pilfered his home of everything of value. Story-wise, they really frontload the game with cutscenes. A full FMV back-to-back seperated by a 10 second game segment like it's MGS4.
Oh yeah, actually, there was this one strange thing that happened to me. I ran into a bandit and gave him a beating and allowed him to run away provided he leaves his weapon behind. A few minutes later I run into the same now-unarmed bandit and he's just slowly walking along a path, I followed him for a few seconds and then turned around. Suddenly, he says "Huh, what was that?" and so I turn back around to face him and I just see him dead on the ground. He might've not noticed me before and when he did he perhaps died of a heart attack or something?
[QUOTE=znalecc;53129310]Oh yeah, actually, there was this one strange thing that happened to me. I ran into a bandit and gave him a beating and allowed him to run away provided he leaves his weapon behind. A few minutes later I run into the same now-unarmed bandit and he's just slowly walking along a path, I followed him for a few seconds and then turned around. Suddenly, he says "Huh, what was that?" and so I turn back around to face him and I just see him dead on the ground. He might've not noticed me before and when he did he perhaps died of a heart attack or something?[/QUOTE] Could've been blood loss.
Some bugs and performance issues aside, I got no complaints. First game I pay full price for since MGSV, I'm happy so far. Options menu is very lacking though, I can't even turn off the ghastly gigantic dot that's constantly in the middle of the screen. I'm a bit worried about the save system. It's cool in concept but not when your game tends to act faulty and even crash.
[QUOTE=Bertie;53129343]Some bugs and performance issues aside, I got no complaints. First game I pay full price for since MGSV, I'm happy so far. Options menu is very lacking though, I can't even turn off the ghastly gigantic dot that's constantly in the middle of the screen. I'm a bit worried about the save system. It's cool in concept but not when your game tends to act faulty and even crash.[/QUOTE] There is a way to disable the savior schnapps so you can save anytime. Haven't tried it myself though so do at your own risk. [URL]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300472152[/URL]
The same thing in mod form (havent tried it either, but apparently it works): [url]https://www.sendspace.com/file/c3vps9[/url] [QUOTE]Copy zzz_mod_unlimited_saving.pak to KingdomComeDeliverance/Data/[/QUOTE] Also protip: shader quality and shadow quality seem to have the biggest effect on performance (especially the former) so try tweaking those first.
Disabling Savior Schnapps has to be first actual mini mod for this game. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how modding will work out in the long run. Also for Nvidia users, set Pre-Render frames to 1 in the panel, for me at least it fixed some issues.
I understand the concept and all but I hate being restricted like that, I like to play these games in small bursts and want to be able to save and quit when I need to.
So I got thrown in jail at the beginning of the game[sp]and this cutscene played out where the town is attacked by Sigismund's forces and I thought it was gonna transition into a jail breakout gameplay set piece. Nope. I just died.[/sp] I love this game. But I did get that weird glitch where I knocked Kunesh the fuck out and he followed me to sword practice. When I was done he just kinda rambled that I could take whatever I wanted even after I did. :downs:
This is the first game I've ever played where being in the woods actually feels like being in the woods. 10/10 atmosphere just for that.
Question : Can you go to a tavern/pub whenever you want to get shitfaced?
You guys should try punching a chicken, it's the most fucking bizarre thing.
It sounds like they should just allow perma-death style saving when you don't have other means. So you can always save and quit but any old saves are deleted, and you can't save and keep playing. The other ways to save would not be deleted and would allow saving without quitting.
[QUOTE=Peon Greenjoy;53129547]You guys should try punching a chicken, it's the most fucking bizarre thing.[/QUOTE] If The Legend of Zelda and Skyrim have thought me anything it's to never fuck with the chickens.
[QUOTE=Peon Greenjoy;53129547]You guys should try punching a chicken, it's the most fucking bizarre thing.[/QUOTE] I did that the first time I saw a chicken and it had me in stitches
glad to see it took me all of five minutes of entering freeroam to become a filthy peasant running around the woods in his underwear barefoot while sneaking into peoples houses to steal food [editline]13th February 2018[/editline] My first act was to jump off a hill and break my ankles
Three hours in so far (planned to only play an hour, but just couldn't stop) and this is the best game I played in quite a while. If things like "jank" bother you you're just [B][I]WEAK[/I][/B]
Why the fuck can't I eat anything? This is really getting on my tits.
[QUOTE=RearAdmiral;53129609]glad to see it took me all of five minutes of entering freeroam to become a filthy peasant running around the woods in his underwear barefoot while sneaking into peoples houses to steal food [editline]13th February 2018[/editline] My first act was to jump off a hill and break my ankles[/QUOTE] this convinced me to get the game tbh
[QUOTE=Raptortheawesome;53129656]Why the fuck can't I eat anything? This is really getting on my tits.[/QUOTE] You have to hold E after highlighting it in your inventory. It's a bit clunky but I'm assuming the heavy positive affirmation in inventory controls is to prevent you from accidentally eating/dropping stuff.
Holy shit this lockpicking minigame can blow me [editline]aa[/editline] [quote]this convinced me to get the game tbh [/quote] My goal is to become a medieval cryptid
So, I remember devs saying how alive NPCs were going to be and how their reactions were going to affect the world. Like if you went around murdering NPCs at night in their homes without being caught, it would stir shit up or something. I'm not hopeful since that was "promised" back in 2013/4 and it seemed way too ambitious but if it they managed to achieve lively NPCs close to that level, I'll be needing this game ASAP.
[QUOTE=Grenadiac;53129662]You have to hold E after highlighting it in your inventory. It's a bit clunky but I'm assuming the heavy positive affirmation in inventory controls is to prevent you from accidentally eating/dropping stuff.[/QUOTE] Holy fuck thank you. I've just been eating out of people's cooking pots for the past three hours.
You guys know Zbyshek the cunt who you can fist fight with? I pulled out a sword and started smashing him with it, he just got away anyway!
Nothing like forgetting about a Kickstarter from years ago only to go "hey that released today wtf," hopefully this game was worth young-me's money.
Been waiting for this game for years, had it preloaded and ready to go, took the day off. Didn't play at midnight, I like my sleep so I woke up early to find that my hard drive failed. Fantastic, went to the local computer shop and bought a new crappy one with what little money I had set aside. Came home to find the floor and carpet around the laundry saturated with water, turns out the water heater imploded and released a tidal wave of shitty water. Turned off the water and called a company I know to help. Had to get a new one; $300 in the hole now. Finally clean that shit up and get the hard drive in finally realizing I lost everything. Slam head against desk and reinstall EVERYTHING. Finally, its done, I can finally play. I hope to god it lives up to the hype or I might just take a few ambien and drift off to sleepy land for the next week. Edit: Also I saw a black cat on my way to the shop, fantastic. Double Edit: I thought it was Friday the thirteenth, not Tuesday the thirteenth
[QUOTE=Jrose14;53129700]Nothing like forgetting about a Kickstarter from years ago only to go "hey that released today wtf," hopefully this game was worth young-me's money.[/QUOTE] a game you got with money forgot is basically gotten for free
[QUOTE=RearAdmiral;53129671]Holy shit this lockpicking minigame can blow me [editline]aa[/editline] My goal is to become a medieval cryptid[/QUOTE] Lockpicking was pissing me off too but it turns out all you have to do is follow the gold dot while holding D. I thought you had to avoid the metal walls of the locks but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Basically, the gold circle will start shaking heavily once you're close to unlocking I think.
Played 2-3 hours, quit just after getting to rattay. Just a couple minor glitches so far (npc inside each other, the Lord of the second castle following me literally everywhere in complete silence) and it runs well enough on a 970. Enjoying the combat, couldn't find the fistfighting manual in the menus though. Couple of questions: [sp]I assume the fight with the big bandit is scripted to lose? What happens if you kill the guy with the shovel? Also, did anyone not try to save the miller girl when she is trying to close the door from three or four attackers? I'm pretty sure I killed at least one but had to flee, it was mentioned later. [/sp]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.