• Ultra Fighting Game Megathread Turbo Plus Alpha EX 2016 Edition
    4,859 replies, posted
disheartening, but can't say I would be too surprised. still hope we see the season 2 content surface in one way or another.
So, I hope capcom goes back to the drawing board and at least learns from this: Arc Sys made a killer DBZ game which is both accessible to newer players and has veterans falling in love. Tekken 7 is going stronger than any tekken game has before. Soul Calibur 6 is shaping up to be the best soul calibur since 2 (they still have time to fuck it up). If they want to play with the big boys they have to work harder. Also my fingers are crossed for CvS as a possibility since MvC is apparently dead. My toes are crossed that they fucking learn from this debacle and that CvS is free from their on disk dlc cancer shit (mvci having story-mode characters as dlc is pretty shitty) and they learn from their mistakes this time.
fucking hell dude. we finally get another mvc game and this is what happens? god damnit capcom
It sucks. I know a ton of people got into fighters cuz of marvel. wish the series could catch a break
Imagine how long it'll be before we get another mvc.
[QUOTE=PotatoArmada;53132888]Imagine how long it'll be before we get another mvc.[/QUOTE] It looks grim for the series, not gonna lie.
[QUOTE=PotatoArmada;53132888]Imagine how long it'll be before we get another mvc.[/QUOTE] It'd be a shame if we never got another one because of how low the sales were. From what I heard from Maximilian Dood he said something about CAPCOM about how if they see a game sells well they'll make a sequel for it later on and if it doesn't sell well then they never make a sequel for it.
I mean... Capcom could always salvage the engine and make a Capcom All-Star Fighter instead. Sure, it's not a crossover anymore but they wouldn't be constraint by Marvel/Disney. Capcom showed they can make good shit with the required time and budget. Visual rework, roster rework, new mechanics, etc. MvCi seems to have tons of good ideas for gameplay, just lacked on everything else.
[QUOTE=alpha00zero;53132952]I mean... Capcom could always salvage the engine and make a Capcom All-Star Fighter instead. Sure, it's not a crossover anymore but they wouldn't be constraint by Marvel/Disney. Capcom showed they can make good shit with the required time and budget. Visual rework, roster rework, new mechanics, etc. MvCi seems to have tons of good ideas for gameplay, just lacked on everything else.[/QUOTE] Looks like it's time to bring back Tatsunoko vs. Capcom boys
[QUOTE=AkujiTheSniper;53132998]Looks like it's time to bring back Tatsunoko vs. Capcom boys[/QUOTE] I have that game. Such a good game and if they ever revive it back, I hope they add the scrapped characters to it like Phoenix Wright.
[video=youtube;MN-Kysd59GY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-Kysd59GY[/video] looks like hellboy is one of the only characters with unique dialogue vs the turtles
[QUOTE=suppertime;53132755]Tekken 7 is going stronger than any tekken game has before.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't quite say that, although it's definitely a second boom. Tekken 3 sold over 8 million copies on home consoles, way more than any individual SFII title did (although not when all are combined and absolutely not counting SFII's massive arcade success) and even more than many Smash Bros titles have faired.
I really don't know if Capcom still has it in them to make a comeback. The last arguably good fighting game that they made was MvC3, and that was more than 6 years ago. And it still shipped in a pretty sorry state on release. Most of that internal staff has likely moved on. More staff still from golden age Capcom has probably moved on in greater numbers. Their track record over the past 5 years has been pretty dire. Not only that, but they're outsourcing more and more of their work out of house. I'm all for hoping that they get it together, but they haven't exactly inspired much confidence.
mvc3 wasnt a good game rofl, it was pretty bad. It was only "good" because it was arguably fun to play and fun to watch. But the actual gameplay under a microscope was terrible. Did we seriously forget unblockables being so good people based entire teams around them, infinites, xfactor as a thing in general, vergil, doom on every team, some characters being useless and arguably step back with things like no happy birthdays? [editline]15th February 2018[/editline] i mean im not hating on 3 since i liked watching people get dicked on in the game but the game had A LOT of issues. (Oh yeah netplay was unplayable too)
Idk my metric for a game being good is it being fun to play and watch. I get what you mean though, it was kinda shit in a fundamental sense. That's why I said it was "arguably" good.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJNrP9rQJqs[/media] with all of these DLC announcements, maybe we'll get a $20 pack upon Day One. it will probably annoy a lot of people, but the $40 price kinda makes sense
Idk about you, but 40 dollar game + 20 dollar dlc seems like an objectively better deal and business model than a 60 dollar game comparitvely
Wow,̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶e̶t̶s̶ what is it going to cost? It will make or break this game.
[QUOTE=leetnoobify;53133833]Wow,̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶e̶t̶s̶ what is it going to cost? It will make or break this game.[/QUOTE] Without the DLC the game will be $40, with the rest of the roster it's $60 IIRC. So basically if you want the entire ArcSys Fighting Jam it'll be full price.
[QUOTE=Altimor;53132335]Lots of 2Hs in DBFZ can hit behind so you can do unreactable incoming crossunders. Conveniently, Goku is able to do this and has a meterless solo combo into snapback in the corner. EDIT: God of 2H Goku Black can even low profile DPs while doing this[/QUOTE] That's actually not real btw. If you double jump upback on incoming there's no mixup.
[video=youtube;ogxAORuttrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxAORuttrc[/video]
[url]http://shoryuken.com/2018/02/15/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-reveals-us-pricing-english-dubbing-questions-answered/[/url] BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle pricing: [quote]Retail price for physical and digital: $49.99 Individual DLC packs (there are six): $4.99 Complete DLC bundle: $19.99 Deluxe Digital Edition (the game with all the DLC): $69.99 The first DLC pack, which includes Platinum, Orie, and Kanji, is free for everyone at launch. Per earlier confirmation, Blake Belladona and Yang Xiao Long will be free to download.[/quote] imo you're better off waiting til the MSRP goes down
Well it has english dub, i guess that's the only part i can see for being 50$ instead of 40$. Still can't digest that already sprite works are gonna be sold as a DLC
Well, besides recycled animations, they also have to rebalance the characters to fit the game, which I think takes way more effort than animating.
I know there's a more hidden\complicated part on it, visually it's a bit annoying. Just seeing Platinum makes you wonder "how is she gonna work in this game?" for example, that i know.
I'll be really disappointed if they remove her RNG drive, she's the only reason i'm even considering buying the game at this point.
[media]https://twitter.com/dp_vf2/status/964508740933177350[/media] Click the original post to see the chain.
[t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWPhvsEXUAAxeip.jpg[/t] ayy
They look gorgeous, can't wait for the tease trailers.
If that song DLC is for FighterZ then everyone I play with online is going to get sick of Makafushigi Adventure very quickly. [video=youtube;Mmbc8E6rAmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmbc8E6rAmM[/video] best db op
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.