• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=.FLAP.JACK.DAN.;34111473]Those ads help pay for the forums. I don't think they make a significant amount of profit from them.[/QUOTE] It's still the fact that they make a profit off of something they leave in the dark forever. I mean, look at that BMS leak video. It's showing items as well as props that were just recently released as pictures on the wiki about 5-6 days ago. and that video was uploaded longer than 6 days ago I can tell you that. Which makes me believe that they aren't actually doing anything, they are just uploading pictures of stuff they are already done with every 6 days to keep the community pleased. Instead of shitting out all the stuff their done with into pictures on the site so they can show us what they are CURRENTLY working on they make us wait. It's sort of like a stripper that you really want to fuck, but know you can't. This fucking mod is such a tease. I really want it to be released, not saying I don't, but the developers are assholes, but still very good and intelligent.
As much as I think they shouldn't rush it and that the developer's lives should come first, it seems really implausible that something like this is taking so long.
[QUOTE=nightlord;34741922]So it's no longer just a HL remake, it's now them removing all the parts they don't like? Or have i got it wrong? I don't like how they are cutting stuff. It seems to defeat the original point of making it.[/QUOTE] They're making things that didn't make sense make sense and getting rid of time wasting parts. Its a Re-imagining not a 1:1 remake.
[QUOTE=Tuskin;34744168]They're making things that didn't make sense make sense and getting rid of time wasting parts. Its a Re-imagining not a 1:1 remake.[/QUOTE] In all honesty not much of hl "makes sense" to begin with. It's really stuff they don't like that is being changed.
[QUOTE=Tuskin;34744168]They're making things that didn't make sense make sense and getting rid of time wasting parts. Its a Re-imagining not a 1:1 remake.[/QUOTE] It's was still part of the game though. Removing things based on their opinion when it's meant to be a remake is stupid. The site says that it is a "complete re-creation of the game Half-Life, utilizing the Source engine. " Which as we now know, is a lie. I'm not saying they can't add their own ideas and views, but they shouldn't cut entire sections of the game because a few people didn't like them. If you removed parts of Half-life like they are doing, it wouldn't be the same experience. If they removed most of On-a-rail, then why not Xen? Or Lambda Core? Or any other section of the game? There are reasons people didn't like those sections either.
[QUOTE=Year_of_Lurking;34744370]In all honesty not much of hl "makes sense" to begin with. It's really stuff they don't like that is being changed.[/QUOTE] If you take the story and stuff into context most of the game makes perfect sense, what they mean is like completely illogical parts (like how you had to dodge a giant fan after turning it on)
[QUOTE=CakeMaster7;34744441]If you take the story and stuff into context most of the game makes perfect sense, what they mean is like completely illogical parts (like how you had to dodge a giant fan after turning it on)[/QUOTE] What's wrong with that? Black Mesa was not a safe place, nor was it very well maintained, and that is reflected in all the silly areas of the game like the giant fan and the rooms with no ways in or out. It's just how Black Mesa was. Changing things like that defeats the point of them in the first place.
[QUOTE=nightlord;34744390]It's was still part of the game though. Removing things based on their opinion when it's meant to be a remake is stupid. The site says that it is a "complete re-creation of the game Half-Life, utilizing the Source engine. " Which as we now know, is a lie.[/QUOTE] If it was a complete recreation of Half-Life in the Source engine it would be Half-Life: Source you idiot. They have never claimed to be remaking 100% of the game, and have always said that they were cutting and adding minor areas to improve gameplay flow, make sense of the game environment and fix those few things Half-Life was criticized for (you know, like On A Rail being too long and too monotonous). They're creating what they think Half-Life would be like if it was released now. Just because you won't see a soldier tossing a satchel charge at you down a pipe or spend 10 minutes extra riding trams doesn't mean it's not going to be Half-Life.
[QUOTE=Chrille;34744589]If it was a complete recreation of Half-Life in the Source engine it would be Half-Life: Source you idiot. They have never claimed to be remaking 100% of the game, and have always said that they were cutting and adding minor areas to improve gameplay flow, make sense of the game environment and fix those few things Half-Life was criticized for (you know, like On A Rail being too long and too monotonous). They're creating what they think Half-Life would be like if it was released now. Just because you won't see a soldier tossing a satchel charge at you down a pipe or spend 10 minutes extra riding trams doesn't mean it's not going to be Half-Life.[/QUOTE] Go read their site before you call people an idiot. It's the site that says it's a recreation. The wiki says "The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures. ". Things like on a rail are part of the story.
[QUOTE=nightlord;34744624]Go read their site before you call people an idiot. It's the site that says it's a recreation. The wiki says "The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures. ". Things like on a rail are part of the story.[/QUOTE] And most of On A Rail is still there you dense motherfucker, except the stupidly long stretches of nothing but riding the tram. [img]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/b/b6/Oar_overlay.jpg[/img] They haven't sacrificed any of the story; the entire game is there except for minor parts that either dragged down the general experience, or made no sense. Some parts have just been restructured and condensed into single areas, as seen above. It literally doesn't add or detract anything in relevance to the story. Not to mention development resources, seeing as realistically interpreting and executing (with scripting, mapping, modeling, animating, texturing all taking place after you have figured out what to do with it) those illogical areas are a time consuming process, and it's not like people are encouraging them to take the extra time to finish it. [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Flaming (" you dense motherfucker".)" - Swebonny))[/highlight]
A comparison with the original on a rail would be nice. At this stage it just seems like they don't want to do it anymore, so they cut content so they don't have to do more work. People aren't encouraging them because they don't keep anyone updated and they act like it's not worth the effort of communicating with the community. I'll enjoy it when it is released, but at the moment i hate the devs attitude towards it all.
I'm still trying to get 300 members for the BMS CFC : [t]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425808_10150612629965699_714110698_9065084_1458191633_n.jpg[/t] [url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/messagetoblackmesa[/url] Even without any advertisement since a few weeks, people are still joining and I think it's cool!!! Even if there is no hope this will change anything, I like the idea of some random people coming across this page and joining, so feel free to continue :D They won't be any other "offensives" or agressions towards the BMS team, but be sure that when there'll be an announcement, I will post it. I want the 300 members, it will be strong! [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
Why the fuck aren't you banned yet?
Jesus guys, it's a MOD. If you have such a huge bloody fucking problem with it, change it yourself when it comes out.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34745646]Jesus guys, it's a MOD. If you have such a huge bloody fucking problem with it, change it yourself when it comes out.[/QUOTE] Okay, okay, calm down, and listen carefully, I'm talking to you right now : Hey, if you're headscratching your head too much because of all of this, just see it as a little game. I'm not taking it as "internet serious business", but I do this on my spare-time the nights while eating dinner and watching TV, don't take that too seriously, ha ha. If I was really an asshole, I would have created 100 accounts on their BMS official forums and completly fucked up their things, but that's not the point, this is just for fun, I know there are nearly no chance of seeing the BMS team to release news because of the CFC or all the other things I do, but I've already talked to the BMS team and they're taking it lightly too.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745297]I'm still trying to get 300 members for the BMS CFC : [t]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425808_10150612629965699_714110698_9065084_1458191633_n.jpg[/t] [url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/messagetoblackmesa[/url] Even without any advertisement since a few weeks, people are still joining and I think it's cool!!! Even if there is no hope this will change anything, I like the idea of some random people coming across this page and joining, so feel free to continue :D They won't be any other "offensives" or agressions towards the BMS team, but be sure that when there'll be an announcement, I will post it. I want the 300 members, it will be strong![/QUOTE] Like they would care. And why the fuck would somebody use Vista and Safari? Seriously?
[QUOTE=tratzzz;34745693]Like they would care. And why the fuck would somebody use Vista and Safari? Seriously?[/QUOTE] I use Safari because for some reason, I can't post via Internet Explorer, the "box" for posting is unusable on IE.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745734]I use Safari because for some reason, I can't post via Internet Explorer, the "box" for posting is unusable on IE.[/QUOTE] Can't give enough boxes.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745734]I use Safari because for some reason, I can't post via Internet Explorer, the "box" for posting is unusable on IE.[/QUOTE] "Aw, IE doesn't work! let's get safari, and not the other good browsers everyone else uses."
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745734]I use Safari because for some reason, I can't post via Internet Explorer, the "box" for posting is unusable on IE.[/QUOTE] And because IE wasn't working your first instinct was to go for Safari instead of either Firefox or Chrome, the two next browsers in popularity?
On Vista, I've only 2 browsers : IE and Safari. I'm only using Safari for facepunch. I won't download another browser just for these forums.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34746497]On Vista, I've only 2 browsers : IE and Safari. I'm only using Safari for facepunch. I won't download another browser just for these forums.[/QUOTE] Vista + IE + Safari טּ_טּ
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745297] I want the 300 members, it will be strong![/QUOTE] [QUOTE=sarevokh;34745674] I'm not taking it as "internet serious business"[/QUOTE] Yep, sounds valid.
Sarevokh must be stuck in 2007.
[QUOTE=SFC3;34746923]Sarevokh must be stuck in 2007.[/QUOTE] I'm just glad he's gone now
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745734]I use Safari because for some reason, I can't post via Internet Explorer, the "box" for posting is unusable on IE.[/QUOTE] I would like to point your attention to the browser that I'm currently using.
[QUOTE=sirdownloadsalot;34748846]I'm just glad he's gone now[/QUOTE] Only for 7 days. Don't get too optimistic
[QUOTE=nightlord;34745011]A comparison with the original on a rail would be nice.[/QUOTE] That would be nice. [editline]18th February 2012[/editline] well Black mesa has already done half the work, someone just needs to Load up HL1/HL:S and take some pictures.
There were comparison shots earlier in this thread (or the last thread, I forget) but apparently people are idiots and couldn't tell them apart - so it caused arguments for about 2 pages.
It's a race. Who will win? Black Mesa or Episode 3/HL3?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.