• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=BrorDenton;34754080]It's a race. Who will win? Black Mesa or Episode 3/HL3?[/QUOTE] Neither because they both dont exist.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34745734]I use Safari because for some reason, I can't post via Internet Explorer, the "box" for posting is unusable on IE.[/QUOTE] Here. Use these boxes.
[QUOTE=subenji99;34753667]There were comparison shots earlier in this thread (or the last thread, I forget) but apparently people are idiots and couldn't tell them apart - so it caused arguments for about 2 pages.[/QUOTE] Actually that was of Inbound not OAR. I'm not sure how anyone could fail to tell them apart, it is obvious the Right side is BMS and the left is HL1. The top part are the maps stacked on top of each other if they were fit together, the bottom is them spread out. [img]http://www.wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/c/cb/Inbound_vs_original_overlay.jpg[/img]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IdNy4.jpg[/IMG] That's some really good fine meshing they did, I just hope they were able to compress well enough :v:
[QUOTE=AusGG;34755977][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IdNy4.jpg[/IMG] That's some really good fine meshing they did, I just hope they were able to compress well enough :v:[/QUOTE] So your first post was to bring up an old image that we've all seen dozens of times
[QUOTE=CakeMaster7;34755996]So your first post was to bring up an old image that we've all seen dozens of times[/QUOTE] :suicide: Well I just thought it was a good piece of work, from a modeller's point of view, but I guess I can see your point.
[QUOTE=AusGG;34755977][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IdNy4.jpg[/IMG] That's some really good fine meshing they did, I just hope they were able to compress well enough :v:[/QUOTE] The head seems to be in an awkward position...
If you can wait for EP3, why can't wait for this mod? They probably sticking with popular, new games right now...
[QUOTE=rikimaru6811;34757497] They probably sticking with popular, new games right now...[/QUOTE] Who? What??
[QUOTE=rikimaru6811;34757497]If you can wait for EP3, why can't wait for this mod?[/QUOTE] Because we definitely know it'll be good because VALVe is cool like that. The same confidence cannot be applied to BM:S.
[QUOTE=Cone;34757647]Because we definitely know it'll be good because VALVe is cool like that. The same confidence cannot be applied to BM:S.[/QUOTE] They seem to be putting a lot of thought into the coding and artwork whenever they talk about it, so I doubt it's actually going to bad. I think there will probably be some people who have issues with authenticity though.
Black mesa is a perfect example of why VALVe doesent release content. Black mesa has been taking forever but they constantly update their media, people still whine. HL3 doesnt release content, people still whine. Valve is doing a buisness strategy because they know if they release content people will still whine that "OMG C0NT3NT, Y U N0 R3L3SE Y3T??!?!?!11!?". I also dont know why people think hl3 is dead, that part I cant compute. I dont know how many people understand my veiw point but I hope you get it.
[QUOTE=Splarg!;34758058]They seem to be putting a lot of thought into the coding and artwork whenever they talk about it, so I doubt it's actually going to bad. I think there will probably be some people who have issues with authenticity though.[/QUOTE] I think that there'll be a lot of people hating it for the sake of hating it, which'll drown out the people who have genuine complaints. Though the way the developers have behaved some days will survive whether the mod is good or not. [editline]18th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=supersoldier58;34758163]Black mesa is a perfect example of why VALVe doesent release content. Black mesa has been taking forever but they constantly update their media, people still whine. HL3 doesnt release content, people still whine. Valve is doing a buisness strategy because they know if they release content people will still whine that "OMG C0NT3NT, Y U N0 R3L3SE Y3T??!?!?!11!?". I also dont know why people think hl3 is dead, that part I cant compute. [/QUOTE] See, the developers are saying the same thing. They've basically said "when we don't release content people whine, when we do people whine, so we're not gonna release anything". It's stupid because if people are going to whine either way, you may as well please the people who aren't.
[QUOTE=supersoldier58;34758163]Valve is doing a buisness strategy because they know if they release content people will still whine that "OMG C0NT3NT, Y U N0 R3L3SE Y3T??!?!?!11!?". [/QUOTE] it's cute how you think you know how Valve works
[QUOTE=supersoldier58;34758163]Black mesa is a perfect example of why VALVe doesent release content. Black mesa has been taking forever but they constantly update their media, people still whine. HL3 doesnt release content, people still whine. Valve is doing a buisness strategy because they know if they release content people will still whine that "OMG C0NT3NT, Y U N0 R3L3SE Y3T??!?!?!11!?". I also dont know why people think hl3 is dead, that part I cant compute. I dont know how many people understand my veiw point but I hope you get it.[/QUOTE] No they don't constantly update their media, if they did then there would be way less people complaining. The devs barely give updates because of a few hateful comments which every single game gets but those devs realise that those people are just a small minority while the BM devs exaggerate and think everyone is against them so they choose not to update.
Valve won't "release content" because Half-Life 3 hasn't been announced, and even Episode Three was announced only informally via [URL="http://au.gamespot.com/news/half-life-2-episode-one-gold-two-dated-three-announced-6151796"]a GameSpot article[/URL] almost 6 years ago now, so the comparison is entirely moot. Edit: I am aware that Valve happily spoke of Episode Three throughout the two years thereafter, but the point remains that a third installment was never announced via typical channels. The cat had been let out of the bag and so there was no sense in acting otherwise.
[QUOTE=Gabe Newell;34758279]it's cute how you think you know how Valve works[/QUOTE] I'd listen to this guy, because who knows how Valve works better than him? :v:
[IMG]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/0/08/Thumb_chapter_endgame2.png[/IMG] End game were nearby end mod!
[QUOTE=Hobbax;34764609][IMG]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/0/08/Thumb_chapter_endgame2.png[/IMG] End game were nearby end mod![/QUOTE] Oh fuck only 1 chapter to be made... After that, i think we'll have to wait for at least 3 weeks for them to polish the mod.
Endgame wasn't even really a chapter in HL1, it was just the G-Man congratulating you on your quest and then offering you that Hobson's choice.
[QUOTE=Marcolade;34765507]Endgame wasn't even really a chapter in HL1, it was just the G-Man congratulating you on your quest and then offering you that Hobson's choice.[/QUOTE] Oh, that won't take that lo- [B][I]NO, EVERYTHING IN THE SCENE MUST BE A MODEL![/I][/B] New Black Mesa Source release estimate! [del]+5[/del] [del]10[/del] [del]25[/del] [del]days[/del] [del]years[/del] [B]When it's done.[/B]
[QUOTE=Hobbax;34764609][IMG]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/0/08/Thumb_chapter_endgame2.png[/IMG] End game were nearby end mod![/QUOTE] Where did you see/find this?
[url]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Category:Chapters[/url]
[QUOTE=Marcolade;34765507]Endgame wasn't even really a chapter in HL1, it was just the G-Man congratulating you on your quest and then offering you that Hobson's choice.[/QUOTE] Still needs Mapping, sounds, scripts,...
So uh, they post an image with the chapter title endgame on it. Even though we'd all like to take this as a HUGE hint that they're basically almost done, why can't they just say for once that "___ is all we have left guys."
[QUOTE=Milkyway M16;34767878]Even though we'd all like to take this as a HUGE hint that they're basically almost done, why can't they just say for once that "___ is all we have left guys."[/QUOTE] Because they're incompetent. Like, really incompetent. Like 3D realms needing Gearbox to help them release DN:F because they've been fucking around for years incompetent.
[QUOTE=Milkyway M16;34767878]So uh, they post an image with the chapter title endgame on it. Even though we'd all like to take this as a HUGE hint that they're basically almost done, why can't they just say for once that "___ is all we have left guys."[/QUOTE] Uh... Its just part of the wiki dude. They didn't just post this one image up...
[QUOTE=sirdownloadsalot;34767898]Uh... Its just part of the wiki dude. They didn't just post this one image up...[/QUOTE] Obviously, but it was definitely put up deliberately to tease us.
[QUOTE=Milkyway M16;34768070]Obviously, but it was definitely put up deliberately to tease us.[/QUOTE] That sounds really far fetched. I can't see a developer DELIBERATLY teasing its viewers.
[QUOTE=sirdownloadsalot;34768081]That sounds really far fetched. I can't see a developer DELIBERATLY teasing its viewers.[/QUOTE] Especially the BM:S team.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.