• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Jackald;34868559]Half-life was the first video game I ever played. Finished it when I was 5 or 6 :v:[/QUOTE] It was one of the first video games I saw my brother play, and the beginning scared the crap outa me :D
[QUOTE=Blacksheepboy;34869038]It was one of the first video games I saw my brother play, and the beginning scared the crap outa me :D[/QUOTE] How does that even.. Why did a tram ride scare you shitless?
I must confess that I've never finished Half-Life. I got stuck at the part with the Alien Controllers in Xen.
[QUOTE=shill le 2nd;34870020]I must confess that I've never finished Half-Life. I got stuck at the part with the Alien Controllers in Xen.[/QUOTE] Stuck as in didn't know where to go or couldn't do it? If the latter then at that point just use cheats...
[QUOTE=a-cookie;34869082]Why did a tram ride scare you shitless?[/QUOTE] Resonance cascade man, seein aliens, 'people' dead, dodging lasers, n' shit where it was previously all nice and happy Maybe not scare me, but made my imagination take a few interesting spins
[QUOTE=shill le 2nd;34870020]I must confess that I've never finished Half-Life. I got stuck at the part with the Alien Controllers in Xen.[/QUOTE] Don't feel bad, that's farther than I've gotten.
[QUOTE=Misiek93;34870060]Stuck as in didn't know where to go or couldn't do it? If the latter then at that point just use cheats...[/QUOTE] I mean I got perfectionistic about the level of damage I was receiving. And I don't want to use cheats.
What bugs me about BM:S is they seem to have forgotten that it was set at the turn of the millennium when we still had phones like this: [img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31BShGlHSbL._AA280_.jpg[/img] And PC's like so: [img]http://www.tvfilmprops.co.uk/userdata/PRODPIC-473.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=ViralHatred;34871221]What bugs me about BM:S is they seem to have forgotten that it was set at the turn of the millennium when we still had phones like this: [img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31BShGlHSbL._AA280_.jpg[/img] And PC's like so: [img]http://www.tvfilmprops.co.uk/userdata/PRODPIC-473.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] What do you mean by that?
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34872104]What do you mean by that?[/QUOTE] I think that he means that the stuff looks more modern
[QUOTE=CakeMaster7;34872173]I think that he means that the stuff looks more modern[/QUOTE] I don't see how, look at the monitor on the left, or the flipped over one between the vorts: [t]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/4/49/Pcpp_jan2010_02.jpg[/t] What about these monitors: [t]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/9/95/Anomalous2.jpg[/t] Or the size of this TV, yeah it's a flatscreen, but it's huge: [t]http://www.wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/0/03/Television_full.jpg[/t] Plus the Devs said the interfaces on the computers will be based off Windows 98. [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] Also according to the Overwiki, the Black Mesa Incident most likely happened in either 2003 or 2008.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34872426]Also according to the Overwiki, the Black Mesa Incident most likely happened in either 2003 or 2008.[/QUOTE] What super secret government science facility uses tape reels in 2008?
But it's a Government Research Facility, they'd probably have all the top of the line stuff.
The Black Mesa Research Facility was built in and on top of a decommissioned 1950s military complex from the Cold War era. By their own admission, the equipment was old and being used to perform tasks beyond their intended capabilities.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34872426]I don't see how, look at the monitor on the left, or the flipped over one between the vorts: [t]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/4/49/Pcpp_jan2010_02.jpg[/t] What about these monitors: [t]http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/9/95/Anomalous2.jpg[/t] Or the size of this TV, yeah it's a flatscreen, but it's huge: [t]http://www.wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/0/03/Television_full.jpg[/t] Plus the Devs said the interfaces on the computers will be based off Windows 98. [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] Also according to the Overwiki, the Black Mesa Incident most likely happened in either 2003 or 2008.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure that it was well established that Half Life took place in the late 90s/early 2000s based off of the equipment and stuff [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Marphy Black;34872829]The Black Mesa Research Facility was built in and on top of a decommissioned 1950s military complex from the Cold War era. By their own admission, the equipment was old and being used to perform tasks beyond their intended capabilities.[/QUOTE] That doesn't mean they would use long outdated computer equipment
Did we just go from "It's too new!" to "It's too old!" in the same damn subject?
[QUOTE=Marphy Black;34872829]The Black Mesa Research Facility was built in and on top of a decommissioned 1950s military complex from the Cold War era. By their own admission, the equipment was old and being used to perform tasks beyond their intended capabilities.[/QUOTE] how these guys got more funding then Aperture the world will never know
[QUOTE=Conro101;34874170]how these guys got more funding then Aperture the world will never know[/QUOTE] Probably because AS would just blow all their funding on grinding up moon rocks.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34874239]Probably because AS would just blow all their funding on grinding up moon rocks.[/QUOTE] at least they have stuff like modular test chambers, antigravity platforms, fully function artificial intelligences, tractor beams, vaporization fields, and portal technology that doesn't cause an apocalypse when used. And they had the portals for [I]50 years.[/I]
[QUOTE=Conro101;34874320]at least they have stuff like modular test chambers, antigravity platforms, fully function artificial intelligences, tractor beams, vaporization fields, and portal technology that doesn't cause an apocalypse when used. And they had the portals for [I]50 years.[/I][/QUOTE] Crazy with a twist of lemon. Literally.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34873826]Did we just go from "It's too new!" to "It's too old!" in the same damn subject?[/QUOTE] It's too not done
[QUOTE=megafat;34874424]Crazy with a twist of lemon. Literally.[/QUOTE] It wasn't as crazy when Cave was no longer in charge, and atleast they made several huge technological achievements.
Well they managed to teleport people and not just particles,which is a big ass technological achievement.
I think it will be out by April 18th 2013. Or was it April 17th 2014? I wrote it down somewhere....
[QUOTE=Conro101;34874320]at least they have stuff like modular test chambers, antigravity platforms, fully function artificial intelligences, tractor beams, vaporization fields, and portal technology that doesn't cause an apocalypse when used. And they had the portals for [I]50 years.[/I][/QUOTE] In Portal 2 canon. Portal 2 retcons a shitload from Half-Life / Portal 1. Hell, practically the entire story is a retcon of everything that was known before. Whether or not they still have all that stuff in Half-Life's canon, I'm not sure. [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Sub-Zero;34875719]Well they managed to teleport people and not just particles,which is a big ass technological achievement.[/QUOTE] Black Mesa teleported people too. How do you think they got to Xen?
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34876213]In Portal 2 canon. Portal 2 retcons a shitload from Half-Life / Portal 1. Hell, practically the entire story is a retcon of everything that was known before. Whether or not they still have all that stuff in Half-Life's canon, I'm not sure. [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] Black Mesa teleported people too. How do you think they got to Xen?[/QUOTE] Yeah but they have to use xen as a dimensional slingshot of they want to teleport from one point to another on Earth. Aperture just straight up has portal technology that makes holes from one point in space to another. Without accidentally causing an evil alien overlord to enslave humanity, I might add.
[QUOTE=Jackald;34877114]Yeah but they have to use xen as a dimensional slingshot of they want to teleport from one point to another on Earth. Aperture just straight up has portal technology that makes holes from one point in space to another. Without accidentally causing an evil alien overlord to enslave humanity, I might add.[/QUOTE] It wasn't using Xen as a dimensional slingshot that caused the accident, it was the insertion of the Xen crystal into the Anti-Mass Spectrometer that caused it. So their teleportation method worked just fine (and in HL2 as well).
Plus it's very strongly implied that the Resonance Cascade was Gman's doing, and the Science Team were just unwitting pawns. [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=JustGman;34872574]What super secret government science facility uses tape reels in 2008?[/QUOTE] Apparently tape reels are good for data storage because they're cheaper, easier to store, and last longer than the alternatives.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34876213]In Portal 2 canon. Portal 2 retcons a shitload from Half-Life / Portal 1. Hell, practically the entire story is a retcon of everything that was known before. Whether or not they still have all that stuff in Half-Life's canon, I'm not sure. [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] Black Mesa teleported people too. How do you think they got to Xen?[/QUOTE] There is no seperate Canon. Portal 2 is part of the Overall Half-life canon, they take place in the same universe. It didn't really retcon anything from Half-life 1, just Portal 1.
[QUOTE=subenji99;34868339]oh hey another one "I care so little now about black Mesa that I came into the thread and took the time to post about how little I care about it"[/QUOTE] The fact that I lost my hype for playing it doesn't mean that I won't support the mod or care.I am just pointing out the fact that it's taking a really long time.I know that I am bitching and I also acknowledge the fact that the devs have personal lifes but god damn it it's taking it too long.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.