• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Conro101;34874320]at least they have stuff like modular test chambers, antigravity platforms, fully function artificial intelligences, tractor beams, vaporization fields, and portal technology that doesn't cause an apocalypse when used. And they had the portals for [I]50 years.[/I][/QUOTE] It actually is pretty crazy how much useful and innovative stuff Aperture made, I suspect that it's because they're really bad at marketing the stuff that did them in [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34876213]In Portal 2 canon. Portal 2 retcons a shitload from Half-Life / Portal 1. Hell, practically the entire story is a retcon of everything that was known before. Whether or not they still have all that stuff in Half-Life's canon, I'm not sure. [/QUOTE] You can't have them take place in the same universe and then have them not. Once it's done, it's done unless they bring out some plot magic like Aperture being sent to another dimension because portals screwing up or something
If this actually gets released I'm gonna be impressed and surprised. In the mean time I will be waiting for [url=http://tfuture.org/phobos/]Phobos[/url] which has actually been in development for a month longer than BMS.
[QUOTE=JustGman;34872574]What super secret government science facility uses tape reels in 2008?[/QUOTE] All of them.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34876213]In Portal 2 canon. Portal 2 retcons a shitload from Half-Life / Portal 1. Hell, practically the entire story is a retcon of everything that was known before. Whether or not they still have all that stuff in Half-Life's canon, I'm not sure. [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] Black Mesa teleported people too. How do you think they got to Xen?[/QUOTE] It's not out of question that the Enrichment Center from Portal 1 was a seperate, older area that they stopped using, like the Enrichment Shafts. The only real retcon is the hallway in front of GLaDOS, and maybe her design. The cube at the very end has the same design from 1, so that means it, and probably everything else, wasn't truly retconned.
[QUOTE=Conro101;34882365]It's not out of question that the Enrichment Center from Portal 1 was a seperate, older area that they stopped using, like the Enrichment Shafts. The only real retcon is the hallway in front of GLaDOS, and maybe her design. The cube at the very end has the same design from 1, so that means it, and probably everything else, wasn't truly retconned.[/QUOTE] What he meant was that the entire story retconned everything previously known. Which is why I doubt it is part of the ongoing canon, and think of it more as an offspring. [editline]26th February 2012[/editline] I recommend 'a history of aperture science' on game informers portal 2 hub as an example of what the timeline looked like before Portal 2 was released.
Actually, after obtaining the dual portal gun in Portal 2, you do travel though the final test chamber of Portal 1, which has some of the new panel arms in it, so the chambers are a bit of a retcon. The gun is found in the furnace GLaDOS tried killing you in.
apparently according Ram one of the Security Guard lines are something like "Hey, catch me later. You, me and Calhoun will go get that beer he owes you."
leaked footage [IMG]http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/53c08073ca8925cd7702c8de609333d8.jpg[/IMG] lolnotreally [URL="http://kotaku.com/5886787/argh-a-half+life-barnacle-for-your-house"]it's a lamp[/URL]
[QUOTE=Tuskin;34886559]apparently according Ram one of the Security Guard lines are something like "Hey, catch me later. You, me and Calhoun will go get that beer he owes you."[/QUOTE] He was joking.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34886948]He was joking.[/QUOTE] How the hell is that a joke?
I don't think he was.
[QUOTE=latin_geek;34886852]leaked footage [IMG]http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/53c08073ca8925cd7702c8de609333d8.jpg[/IMG] lolnotreally [URL="http://kotaku.com/5886787/argh-a-half+life-barnacle-for-your-house"]it's a lamp[/URL][/QUOTE] barnacle´s hangover? :s
[QUOTE=latin_geek;34886852]leaked footage [IMG]http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/53c08073ca8925cd7702c8de609333d8.jpg[/IMG] lolnotreally [URL="http://kotaku.com/5886787/argh-a-half+life-barnacle-for-your-house"]it's a lamp[/URL][/QUOTE] obviously we get to play as Steve the Barnacle killing people as they walk by in the new version of Black MEsa
And now no wonder why geeks can't get laid... Herpson : "honey, this is my -eh eh- bedroom". Derpina : "it's dark, I can't see". Herpson : "oh Wait, that's the surprise". *activates Barnacle lamp* Derpina : "KYAAAAA" *runs away, trips and breaks her neck on thé stairs* Judge : "Ye now condemned to 20 years for first degree murder" Herpson : "meh, was so near to lose my virginity, damn you Valve" [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - verynicelady))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34900948]And now no wonder why geeks can't get laid... Herpson : "honey, this is my -eh eh- bedroom". Derpina : "it's dark, I can't see". Herpson : "oh Wait, that's the surprise". *activates Barnacle lamp* Derpina : "KYAAAAA" *runs away, trips and breaks her neck on thé stairs* Judge : "Ye now condemned to 20 years for first degree murder" Herpson : "meh, was so near to lose my virginity, damn you Valve"[/QUOTE] Oh great, it's [I]you[/I] again.
[QUOTE=a-cookie;34900993]Oh great, it's [I]you[/I] again.[/QUOTE] But now he's making pictureless rage comics.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34900948]And now no wonder why geeks can't get laid... Herpson : "honey, this is my -eh eh- bedroom". Derpina : "it's dark, I can't see". Herpson : "oh Wait, that's the surprise". *activates Barnacle lamp* Derpina : "KYAAAAA" *runs away, trips and breaks her neck on thé stairs* Judge : "Ye now condemned to 20 years for first degree murder" Herpson : "meh, was so near to lose my virginity, damn you Valve"[/QUOTE] Who the hell let you back in here?
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34900948]And now no wonder why geeks can't get laid... Herpson : "honey, this is my -eh eh- bedroom". Derpina : "it's dark, I can't see". Herpson : "oh Wait, that's the surprise". *activates Barnacle lamp* Derpina : "KYAAAAA" *runs away, trips and breaks her neck on thé stairs* Judge : "Ye now condemned to 20 years for first degree murder" Herpson : "meh, was so near to lose my virginity, damn you Valve"[/QUOTE] >disparages "geeks" >uses "herp" and "derp"
[QUOTE=shill le 2nd;34903064]>disparages "geeks" >uses "herp" and "derp"[/QUOTE] >uses "KYAAAAAA" this isnt a fucking anime
And if you're gonna use an accent use "lé" instead the "thé" You managed to take something incredibly stupid but hard to fuck up and fucked it up
>This isn't 4chan.
[QUOTE=Conro101;34904487]And if you're gonna use an accent use "lé" instead the "thé" You managed to take something incredibly stupid but hard to fuck up and fucked it up[/QUOTE] Given that he's French, he might actually be mocking how rage comics use "lé" wrong constantly. Although, given the rest of his behavior, I think that may be giving him a gigantic benefit of the doubt.
If black mesa is ever to be released, i hope that the mod team never decides to create anything again. waiting nearly 8 years for an awesome mod is just torture.
[QUOTE=mcilona;34904714]If black mesa is ever to be released, i hope that the mod team never decides to create anything again. waiting nearly 8 years for an awesome mod is just torture.[/QUOTE] What if The developers of black mesa source and the developers at Valve are having a contest on who can delay their games the longest?
[QUOTE=Neo Kabuto;34904584]Given that he's French, he might actually be mocking how rage comics use "lé" wrong constantly. Although, given the rest of his behavior, I think that may be giving him a gigantic benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE]An insult to french people like me!
[QUOTE=Neo Kabuto;34904584]Given that he's French, he might actually be mocking how rage comics use "lé" wrong constantly. Although, given the rest of his behavior, I think that may be giving him a gigantic benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE] that would be actually pretty cool if he had remembered to add the image beforehand
[QUOTE=asb44;34904807]What if The developers of black mesa source and the developers at Valve are having a contest on who can delay their games the longest?[/QUOTE] Replace Diablo 3 with Black Mesa [T]http://i.imgur.com/NfdLF.jpg[/T]
the "thé" was that automatic Iphone corrector's fault. "thé" means "tea" in your langage. When I tape "the", it corrects in "thé". Sometimes I'm just bored of correcting the correction.
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34907139]the "thé" was that automatic Iphone corrector's fault. "thé" means "tea" in your langage. When I tape "the", it corrects in "thé". Sometimes I'm just bored of correcting the correction.[/QUOTE] i can speak for this man
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34907139]the "thé" was that automatic Iphone corrector's fault. "thé" means "tea" in your langage. When I tape "the", it corrects in "thé". Sometimes I'm just bored of correcting the correction.[/QUOTE]oh that's what it means in English? well thanks I didn't know that I wonder [I]why[/I]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.