• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
I'm pretty sure he was joking. Also please don't use image Macros/meme pictures.
[QUOTE=The freeman;35219981]They could make their own model system that has no documentation![/QUOTE] And name it .fpm
Oh boy we are sure having fun here aren't we! Funny story, I just did a bit of [b]SPRING CLEANING!!![/b] as all good adults should, and I found this lovely portrait jammed between my hev suit and an old washing maching [img]http://i.imgur.com/vwBwW.jpg[/img] Boy xen sure does look super in black mesa! The painting is dated around 2009 though, it's a little old but you can't argue with classics.
[QUOTE=Reason134;35228632]Oh boy we are sure having fun here aren't we! Funny story, I just did a bit of [b]SPRING CLEANING!!![/b] as all good adults should, and I found this lovely portrait jammed between my hev suit and an old washing maching [t]http://i.imgur.com/vwBwW.jpg[/t] Boy xen sure does look super in black mesa! The painting is dated around 2009 though, it's a little old but you can't argue with classics.[/QUOTE] The only thing I hate is hl2 rock models... Really they are so ugly.
They also look sort of out of place there... but don't worry, that was 2009, so I'm sure they would have created their own models by now to replace them.[QUOTE=Nicolas;35228652]The only thing I hate is hl2 rock models... Really they are so ugly.[/QUOTE]
It was even older. I think one of the BM Devs said, it was one of their first trys to make the visuals of Xen. They said the picture was made in 2005/2006.
IIRC, they said it looks way better and completely different now.
[QUOTE=CrumbleShake;35232068]IIRC, they said it looks way better and completely different now.[/QUOTE] Just like iPad 3 or iPhone 5...
[QUOTE=Nicolas;35232658]Just like iPad 3 or iPhone 5...[/QUOTE] Don't know about you but quite a bit changed in the new iPad(3)
and iPhone 5 isn't even out :v:
FFS, I don't get why the devs won't just release a gameplay video or something to quell the community's longstanding excitement and restlessness for the game, especially given that the game has been in development for over 7 years, longer than that of HL2.
Because people would complain.
There is no doubt that they will do that, but i still dont mannage to realise why do they complain...
I don't really get why they care that people would complain or make wild speculations about the release date. People complain and make wild speculations about the release date anyway, and I'd be far happier with daily/weekly/fortnightly updates on the state of play than just silence. Even a monthly "things what we did" report with all dates removed so no one can say "omg y u no work last tuesday" would be better than nothing. Half-Life is a truely massive game. You could quite easily release 5 eyecandy shots from it every month for years without ever running out of content.
[QUOTE=Nicolas;35232658]Just like iPad 3 or iPhone 5...[/QUOTE]Dumb comparison.
[QUOTE=Azzator;35233356]FFS, I don't get why the devs won't just release a gameplay video[/QUOTE] Raminator said they can't afford to do it. :tinfoil: BTW, [URL="http://youtu.be/NFxl2UBFARA"]I can![/URL]
[QUOTE=Azzator;35233356]FFS, I don't get why the devs won't just release a gameplay video or something to quell the community's longstanding excitement and restlessness for the game, especially given that the game has been in development for over 7 years, longer than that of HL2.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=CatzEyes93]I am pretty sure the answer is in there somewhere, yet you are still asking why. I doubt you have read each of them like I suggested, but if you cant find it... the answer is just simply "because". Because one picture has never been enough. Because one video has never been enough. The fan base is never satisfied and will always want more regardless of what was previously given. They simply have chosen to run deep and silent and will no longer be spending time sifting through and spending precious time on what should be put into a media release. Why? Just because, that is why.[/QUOTE]
Hint: maybe none of that would have happened if you had stuck to actually making regular updates. FYI the forums were a lot better when regular updates were released and the pointless "gibe moar pics plz" people were few in number and easily quieted, because there was actually enough information. At this point you just can't start the whole process over again.
that's a terrible answer
[QUOTE=relinquish;35239841][QUOTE]Why? Just because, that is why.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE] No, I think it's fairly clear why. Because you guys are retarded, that's why.
Idk, I always thought catzeyes gave pretty terrible answers
I like that it's been silent. Means any visual overhauls they did will be about a hundred times more amazing when you finally get to see them for the first time.
I don't know, overhauling the graphics every year or so could set the release date even farther, forcing them to put their graphics up to date once again and making it difficult to make it through release without disappointment from the fan base.
BM was never supposed to be a direct remake, that's why it's taking so long. They don't just try to make it "look" up to date but also making its mechanics and gameplay fresh and better. The graphics aren't the most important part of the development.
[QUOTE=_Axel;35244300]I don't know, overhauling the graphics every year or so could set the release date even farther, forcing them to put their graphics up to date once again and making it difficult to make it through release without disappointment from the fan base.[/QUOTE] The fans will be disappointed anyway The game can't live up to this long of a hype
They might as well call the whole thing off.
[QUOTE=lintz;35246033]They might as well call the whole thing off.[/QUOTE] But for God's sake, release what they have so other people can work on it.
Some more Q&A [url]http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showpost.php?p=451559&postcount=18082[/url] [url]http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showpost.php?p=451652&postcount=18088[/url] [url]http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showpost.php?p=451653&postcount=2914[/url] From Ram regarding Valve Stock Content [quote]Very few. There are a handful of world textures and props, and that's about it. We've replaced almost all of Source's stock content, right down to stuff like footsteps and bullet impact sounds.[/quote]
Looking at that recent reply on 18082, it makes me feel better to see someone still in action respond though, where as Valve just don't even talk about that game, I don't even need to name.
[QUOTE=npx190;35250384]Looking at that recent reply on 18082, it makes me feel better to see someone still in action respond though, where as Valve just don't even talk about that game, I don't even need to name.[/QUOTE] ty captain relevancy
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.