• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
[url]http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showpost.php?p=455442&postcount=18391[/url] [quote][quote]On a scale from 0-6.9 and 7.1-10, how confident are you that the mod will be released within the next two years?[/quote]10[/quote] BLACK MESA CONFIRMED TO BE RELEASED BY 2014.
[QUOTE=Blokeybloke;35605039]To be fair, as I understand it, the statement that the mod itself would release two weeks after the release of the soundtrack was not vague[/QUOTE] No shit. This statement still stands. The mod comes out two weeks after the soundtrack is released. What they have done was, taking Joels reply "Which shouldn't be much longer" and interpret it as "release of the soundtrack is next week".
[QUOTE=WhatTheEf;35605171]BLACK MESA CONFIRMED TO BE RELEASED BY 2014.[/QUOTE] yeah he sounds pretty confident but then OH SHIT guys did you hear about this new technology we've just [B][I]got[/I][/B] to use it but oh yeah it requires we scrap all progress lol
[QUOTE=Antimuffin;35605348][B]No shit. This statement still stands. The mod comes out two weeks after the soundtrack is released.[/B] What they have done was, taking Joels reply "Which shouldn't be much longer" and interpret it as "release of the soundtrack is next week".[/QUOTE] [URL="http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=443308#post443308"]Nope[/URL]. Late edit: Well, maybe I'm being a tad too cynical with a flat-out "No", but "take anything said by someone other than the team leader, and done outside of the official announcement forum, with a giant grain of salt" (paraphrased, obviously) strikes me as nothing more than a manoeuvre to gain more wiggle room with "unofficial" statements/comments ultimately failing to come to fruition -- the release of the soundtrack signifying the imminent release of the mod itself being one of them.
No one has refuted the "two weeks after" statement yet. They've just been denying that the soundtrack is coming out tomorrow.
[QUOTE=Lexic;35606124][B]No one has refuted the "two weaks after" statement yet.[/B] They've just been denying that the soundtrack is coming out tomorrow.[/QUOTE] No, you're right, but we've been told to take it "with a large grain of salt", which isn't much better. :p Edit: Unless the statement was made in the official news forum? I poked around prior to posting earlier, but didn't find it.
[QUOTE=kaskade700;35604868]lol this makes no sense[/QUOTE] I dont get what do you mean.
[QUOTE=Blokeybloke;35606227]No, you're right, but we've been told to take it "with a large grain of salt", which isn't much better. :p Edit: Unless the statement was made in the official news forum? I poked around prior to posting earlier, but didn't find it.[/QUOTE] ":p"
[QUOTE=Maestro Fenix;35607063]I dont get what do you mean.[/QUOTE] It's like you're either missing words somewhere in your sentences or you're using the wrong ones.
[QUOTE=kaskade700;35612184]It's like you're either missing words somewhere in your sentences or you're using the wrong ones.[/QUOTE] His grammar was just poor and he spelled some stuff wrong. I looked at it again and it looked horrible so I fixed/reworded it for the hell of it. [QUOTE=Maestro Fenix;35593661]The parking lot where the nuke device was is underground. Also, on the side of the nuke, you can read the instructions which state that the minimum distance required to be safe from the nuke's blast is 55 Km. Enough to wipe out all the surface as well as the underground complex. [url]http://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Mark_IV_Thermonuclear_Device[/url][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]Will the mod be done in 19 days? Because I asked a dev once what percentage the mod is right now... it's 46% complete... he says that you guys get 3% done each day... so if my calculations are right... on May 6th the mod will be finished and the soundtrack released... 2 weeks after the mod comes out... right???? MATH DOESN'T LIE![/QUOTE] :v:
[QUOTE=relinquish;35616320]:v:[/QUOTE] 46% complete ? It took them more than 7 years to get their mod to 46% completion and now they do 3% each day ? What kind of bullshit is that ? :v:
[QUOTE=_Axel;35618465]46% complete ? It took them more than 7 years to get their mod to 46% completion and now they do 3% each day ? What kind of bullshit is that ? :v:[/QUOTE] Remember, this is math....
[QUOTE=_Axel;35618465]46% complete ? It took them more than 7 years to get their mod to 46% completion and now they do 3% each day ? What kind of bullshit is that ? :v:[/QUOTE] Maybe they were lazy until they completed the MOD at 46%?
I think it may be more because their way of estimating their mod's completion is flawed.
[quote]Will the mod be done in 19 days? [quote=Raminator] No.[/quote] [/quote]
[QUOTE=_Axel;35619191]I think it may be more because their way of estimating their mod's completion is flawed.[/QUOTE] AFAIK they never made any serious percentage estimations, if they actually replied 46% it's most likely a joke [editline]18th April 2012[/editline] And I'm also p sure that 3% a day is a bullshit number, they wouldn't say that
[QUOTE=kaskade700;35612184]It's like you're either missing words somewhere in your sentences or you're using the wrong ones.[/QUOTE] I´m still learning english, that´s why. Although it cant be forever an excuse. Also, 46% done? is not possible. The last time they said the progress done was around 80% (the last year i think).
What one of the devs is up to [url]http://www.gnosistheprogrammer.com/?p=775[/url] [sp]Its a joke[/sp]
[QUOTE=Maestro Fenix;35620898]I´m still learning english, that´s why. Although it cant be forever an excuse. Also, 46% done? is not possible. The last time they said the progress done was around 80% (the last year i think).[/QUOTE] I realized :) Also any estimate they've ever given is a lie.
[QUOTE=Tuskin;35623110]What one of the devs is up to [url]http://www.gnosistheprogrammer.com/?p=775[/url] [sp]Its a joke[/sp][/QUOTE] omg its teh 1337 360 noscope laser sight headcrab gun.
Raminator's non-intentional spontaneous percentage estimation: [url]http://i.imgur.com/iOcdr.jpg[/url]
That doesn't really prove anything.
In short: There's no accurate estimate to when it will come out because there's always going to be things that need to be tweaked and if something breaks, there's no estimate to whether it will take an hour or a week to finish. It will be finished when it's finished.
So, what, back to square one?
[Quote] It will be finished when it's finised[/quote] This is one of the stupidest arguments ever. Its like answering "what is 2 + 2?" with "what ever 2 + 2 equals."
[QUOTE=Gabe Newell;35626285]This is one of the stupidest arguments ever. Its like answering "what is 2 + 2?" with "what ever 2 + 2 equals."[/QUOTE] Because they [i]owe[/i] you the fucking mod.
[QUOTE=Mattey;35626554]Because they [i]owe[/i] you the fucking mod.[/QUOTE] Don't start.
[QUOTE=Mattey;35626554]Because they [i]owe[/i] you the fucking mod.[/QUOTE] Don't use that terrible argument.
I am sorry... It just gets me mad sometimes when people [i]act[/i] like that
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.