• Black Mesa: Source V3 - Released September 14th, 2012
    10,000 replies, posted
Nobody's a perfect developer. Got to let off steam some how.
[QUOTE=A big fat ass;34105799]Nobody's a perfect developer. Got to let off steam some how.[/QUOTE] For the people who disagreed: I present to you, NOTCH! But really, this whole "IF I DO THIS, THEY COMPLAIN. IF I DO THAT, THEY COMPLAIN." Is just bullshit. There ALWAYS is a certain group that complains, GOOD developers ignore what people think and do what they want to do, or actually they only listen to the community if it actually is a good idea.
[QUOTE=uitham;34110343]For the people who disagreed: I present to you, NOTCH! But really, this whole "IF I DO THIS, THEY COMPLAIN. IF I DO THAT, THEY COMPLAIN." Is just bullshit. There ALWAYS is a certain group that complains, GOOD developers ignore what people think and do what they want to do, or actually they only listen to the community if it actually is a good idea.[/QUOTE] If I had to guess they couldn't take the criticism.
[QUOTE=.FLAP.JACK.DAN.;34110547]If I had to guess they couldn't take the criticism.[/QUOTE] I wonder what would happen if the mod finally came out and it was shit. The whole team would probably commit suicide.
[QUOTE=Year_of_Lurking;34105291]I think this mod is really held back by the dev's attitudes. Raminator is extremely entitled, and downright rude. They also seem to spend a lot of time dicking around (ie: 404 page joke images) instead of working.[/QUOTE] You do realize they are not a development company but just some people doing this in their spare time and they don't [I]have[/I] to release it.
[QUOTE=The freeman;34110976]You do realize they are not a development company but just some people doing this in their spare time and they don't [I]have[/I] to release it.[/QUOTE] Come on, they've already gained thousand of dollars with the ads on their site and of official forums...
[QUOTE=sarevokh;34111399]Come on, they've already gained thousand of dollars with the ads on their site and of official forums...[/QUOTE] Those ads help pay for the forums. I don't think they make a significant amount of profit from them.
the next official installment in the half-life series will probaly be released before this.
One of the devs about a [I]hypothetical[/I] leak: [QUOTE]This time a leak would contain [B]the full game[/B], so there'd be very little point in finalizing the game for an official release. Instead, the team would more than likely disband.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Konti;34112638]One of the devs about a [I]hypothetical[/I] leak:[/QUOTE] source ?
Remake HL2 in GoldSrc
[QUOTE=The very best;34112997]Remake HL2 in GoldSrc[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/half-life-2-goldsrc-recruiting[/url]
[QUOTE=calle7112;34092965]No matter what we do, people are going to complain, so it makes the most sense to do nothing.[/QUOTE] By that logic, they should stop making the game entirely. If nobody seems to like it, why bother continuing it? The attitude of the devs is fucking [I]horrendous.[/I]
[QUOTE=JamesKane] The Mod was not leaked from what we can tell. [/QUOTE] [URL]http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showpost.php?p=438085&postcount=16[/URL] [QUOTE=UntouchedShadow;34113466]By that logic, they should stop making the game entirely. If nobody seems to like it, why bother continuing it? [/QUOTE] Because, what they have shown (Trailer, screenshots) is fucking good?
[QUOTE=Swebonny;34075740]Imagine if this delay is just because they are waiting for valve to finish hl3/ep3 so they can ship it in a bundle.[/QUOTE]I can believe that
[QUOTE=Konti;34112638]One of the devs about a [I]hypothetical[/I] leak:[/QUOTE] I've honestly never understood this attitude on leaks. If it was a commercial project, I'd understand management forcing it, but for a mod I can't see why people wanting what you've made too much is a real reason to just give up entirely.
[QUOTE=Konti;34112638]One of the devs about a [I]hypothetical[/I] leak:[/QUOTE] Man that is one negative team. Though honestly if it got leaked and it was very near complete and they just game up I would lose all respect for them.
[QUOTE=The freeman;34110976]You do realize they are not a development company but just some people doing this in their spare time and they don't [I]have[/I] to release it.[/QUOTE] yeah we know, ram has said it whenever he's reminded. p.s. alpha/beta leaks are good for popularity* if your product is good. the devs/forum mods should probably shut up and either relish in a possible new found spike in attention to their mod, or secretly help push that video and those screenshots around anonymously. See Half-Life alpha. *(not full/finished game leaks. see world of goo)
aren't some of these people making this mod as a means of getting noticed and landing a job in the industry because the attitude isn't really going to help
[QUOTE=Antimuffin;34113577] Because, what they have shown (Trailer, screenshots) is fucking good?[/QUOTE] Yah, but if no one likes it and they all complain about it then why should they waste their time making the game which no one seems to like? I'm just going by their logic and attitude.
[QUOTE=EarlCdwards;34114155]aren't some of these people making this mod as a means of getting noticed and landing a job in the industry because the attitude isn't really going to help[/QUOTE] It's been so long that I think they've forgotten why they did this in the first place. Now they are finishing it but with no idea why.
I like how this thread is pretty active.
Unlike Black Mesa.
[QUOTE=BobIsCrappy;34115329]Unlike Black Mesa.[/QUOTE] wow you're so cool
-snip-
Fuck they even got in to magazines. The dev's attitude of their fans is absolutely ridiculous when they've had such a great reception. [editline]and[/editline] They got on the [i]front cover[/i] of at least one magazine.
[QUOTE=Dr. Evilcop;34118373] They got on the [i]front cover[/i] of at least one magazine. [/QUOTE] Yup: [url]http://www.blackmesasource.com/404/bm_pwnage.jpg[/url]
[QUOTE=Dr. Evilcop;34118373]Fuck they even got in to magazines. The dev's attitude of their fans is absolutely ridiculous when they've had such a great reception.[/QUOTE] But someone online might say that they don't like it!
I wouldn't mind the fact that they aren't updating if they at least spoke to people about why they weren't. Or get some new devs, who'll actually work on it.
[QUOTE=Reds;34122524]I wouldn't mind the fact that they aren't updating if they at least spoke to people about why they weren't. Or get some new devs, who'll actually work on it.[/QUOTE] But they ARE working on it. They're just working at the pace of a snail.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.