• Crossdressing/Transgender Megathread v. There is an unicorn under my dress.
    10,001 replies, posted
Hello everyone, just got back from my holiday... so many facepunch threads to catch up on! Holiday was awesome and I will most likely be applying to get my name changed soonish, so that's exciting :D
Where'd you go? Was it fun?
Went on a cruise to the Canary Islands :D was for 12 nights, really awesome... never been on a cruise before but it was really fun :D
[QUOTE=LonelyTimeLord;37075072]Went on a cruise to the Canary Islands :D was for 12 nights, really awesome... never been on a cruise before but it was really fun :D[/QUOTE] Oooo i'm going on a cruise tomorrow! What are they like? I'm not so sure what to expect.
[QUOTE=Whitebowl;37082256]Oooo i'm going on a cruise tomorrow! What are they like? I'm not so sure what to expect.[/QUOTE] Really nice, it depends on what ship you're going on of course, but the one I went on was a family ship so it wasn't as posh as some of them... still had formal nights though etc I really enjoyed being on ship, it had loads of things to do in the evening which was nice and the choices of places to eat were overwhelming... So much nice food I was spoilt for choice everyday :P Where's your cruise taking you? :)
I came out to my family a week ago. Laddydauddy fuck whatever. It seems my dad isn't even trying to adjust. I haven't once heard him say "Kandace" or "her" when referring to me. My mother was working so my dad had to drive me to transactive (the place I'll be going for a bit so that I can get my HRT referall) and he keeps trying to make conversation about the whole thing. I can't fucking explain shit and he keeps bringing up these situations like "I saw this kid on the bus and he was all girly and you don't act like that, why is that". I know that he's well intentioned and trying to get past his ignorance, but it still stresses me out to no end.
Man, this sucks.
[QUOTE=DiscoInferno;37093891]Man, this sucks.[/QUOTE] Hm?
[QUOTE=VIOLATION_SNG;37094266]Hm?[/QUOTE] My not bing female, from my perspective. Just thought I should give this thread a bump, but I had nothing much to say.
Did any of you ever shop at the store for clothing? Or do you mostly do it online?
I always go to the store and buy clothes. Also, is it bad to feel self-conscious about my shoulders? I always feel like they're way too broad and not feminine.
[QUOTE=slayer20;37102549]I always go to the store and buy clothes. Also, is it bad to feel self-conscious about my shoulders? I always feel like they're way too broad and not feminine.[/QUOTE] Do people ever give you shady looks? Or are you rather convincing?
[QUOTE=FreeOnions;37102597]Do people ever give you shady looks? Or are you rather convincing?[/QUOTE] I've never gone out in public :( Well, except at an anime convention. But I was wearing a maid outfit and my friend did a really good make-up job for me so I was pretty convincing at the time. [sp]But everyone thought I was cosplaying as Chobits when I was really just a generic catgirl maid :([/sp]
[QUOTE=slayer20;37102633]I've never gone out in public :( Well, except at an anime convention. But I was wearing a maid outfit and my friend did a really good make-up job for me so I was pretty convincing at the time. [sp]But everyone thought I was cosplaying as Chobits when I was really just a generic catgirl maid :([/sp][/QUOTE] You should post a picture ;P A friend of mine wants me to go, but I think it will be incredibly awkward and I know people will give me grief.
It's been a while since I've posted here, but I felt like posting this, it's from my first time I've gone out in public and stuff and I bought clothes and it owns and I got ma'amed at some point and just feel great. [url]http://i.imgur.com/2VQTj.jpg[/url]
Convincing. Very. :3
[QUOTE=KonKitten;37111627]Convincing. Very. :3[/QUOTE] I agree. c;
[QUOTE=slayer20;37102549]I always go to the store and buy clothes. Also, is it bad to feel self-conscious about my shoulders? I always feel like they're way too broad and not feminine.[/QUOTE] Although having broad shoulders is an androgynous trait, I feel the same way. Of course my entire body is masculine so I kind of just throw shoulders in there because ynot
You really shouldn't worry about your shoulders. People honestly don't pay much attention to it, and I'm almost certain that everybody here has perfectly acceptable shoulder-width. It's not going to out you unless you're, like, a bodybuilder.
Ironically I've seen more broad shouldered women than men.
I don't go around checking out people's shoulders.
[QUOTE=DiscoInferno;37121161]I don't go around checking out people's shoulders.[/QUOTE] Silhouettes and body types are quite noticeable, you might not do it intentionally but you do notice it.
[QUOTE=Treybuchet;37111365]It's been a while since I've posted here, but I felt like posting this, it's from my first time I've gone out in public and stuff and I bought clothes and it owns and I got ma'amed at some point and just feel great. [url]http://i.imgur.com/2VQTj.jpg[/url][/QUOTE] You are doing it right besides your mirror is ugly, who buys a golden framed circular mirror ?
[QUOTE=Rigal;37125824]You are doing it right besides your mirror is ugly, who buys a golden framed circular mirror ?[/QUOTE]The people who own the house ?
Today, dysphoria kicked me in the face. I don't get why, I was fine all throughout this weekend - lots of "ma'am"s and "lady"s from strangers and whatnot. Still though, today hit hard. Still took a couple of pictures, though: [img_thumb]http://i.imgur.com/lTZXD.png[/img_thumb] [img_thumb]http://i.imgur.com/opuZF.png[/img_thumb]
[QUOTE=Riodoku;37117407]You really shouldn't worry about your shoulders. People honestly don't pay much attention to it, and I'm almost certain that everybody here has perfectly acceptable shoulder-width. It's not going to out you unless you're, like, a bodybuilder.[/QUOTE] I have ridiculously broad shoulders, it is so bad that people actually comment on them at times. [editline]7th August 2012[/editline] I also have very broad feet and hands, why does everything have to be so fucking broad D:
Most of us are broads though! And it's probably not as bad as you think it is, and even if it is, it's not like there aren't load of broad-shouldered broads out there! [editline]8th August 2012[/editline] (did you see how i used synonyms that was quite clever if i may say so) [editline]8th August 2012[/editline] Also, you could post a picture of your shoulders and we could do a peer review and maybe give some constructive criticism
Are we British gold coins?! [editline]8th August 2012[/editline] And I don't really want to post pictures of myself, I'm not really ready to show my true identity to facepunch (Even though I know that only a couple of people on here know what I look like)
[QUOTE=:C;37130030]Are we British gold coins?! [editline]8th August 2012[/editline] And I don't really want to post pictures of myself, I'm not really ready to show my true identity to facepunch (Even though I know that only a couple of people on here know what I look like)[/QUOTE] You don't have to include your face. Just show us neck down or your legs if you want.
Eugh, perhaps tomorrow. I'm getting a new haircut anyway, I'm going from extremely long heavy metal hair to I haven't really decided but a lot shorter hair.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.