People who's requests will NOT be answered due to being stupid!
I did this on another forum a loooong time ago. People seemed to enjoy the way I did it, so I guess I would try it here.
The way I do it, is more like an actually game, everything is organized, soooo yeah. (:
How it works:
1) Tell me what you want the character to do, blah blah blah.
2) Serious situation, not one of those interactive where the most ridiculous situation occurs and your saved. *YOU CAN ACTUALLY DIE IN THIS.* I'm playing it out as a serious situation/
3) Anything goes, want the guy to bang a dead body, go ahead. If you it happens too often, I'll have to do something about it. But, remember that while you can be silly, it can only be when the situation permits it.
4) Players have complete freedom in this, I'm not planning anything really. Just going with what you guys want and make it up on the way!
5) Once I am finished a "situation" I will rate your post, "Agree" too notify you that your request is done. May not be uploaded, just done.
6) If I'm not in the mood, I may post a picture of a character sleeping, this way, you'll know he's alive, just not currently active. *I may use those sleeping pictures to create situations, so keep an eye out for that. ;D
7) Players have 100% control, so try to be descriptive about your requests!
1) Try to be serious. Please, I want to test how this works.
2) Have fun with it!
3) Be creative about it. (:
4) Will most likely be updated every day at 3:30 - 5:00 so try to keep your requests more minimal before this time if possible. After that time, suggestions are most likely open the whole time. However, on weekends, updates will be all day! So keep the requests as frequent as you want. (:
5) Too many requests at a time will not be included if they don't apply to the current situation!
6) If the request doesn't apply anymore, I will put a "Disagree" on your post and you should make a different request depending on the new situation. (:
EDIT2: Advanced controlling:
Remember that I can't manipulate the player in any real way! So if he's holding something, you have to get descriptive! E.g.: "Drop ____ and pick up _____ and use it on _____"
Not, "Use ______." Because if your hands are full, how can you use it? So be descriptive as possible!
EDIT3: Type "Hint" on a post, then type "Hint" then on what you want. (:
E.g. "Hint "Iron Pipe"
I will reply to your hint request if I think you need it. (:
E.g. "Iron Pipe - *DESCRIPTION HERE*
So, once the player dies, I'm not bringing him back to life. So please try to keep him alive! And yes, there will be many life threatening situations. (I.e. Having a dangerous object, but not knowing what it does and just randomly using it. This might kill you, so think!)
If people don't like it, I'll stop! I just want to try doing one of these, because it's gone well before!
EDIT: I will try to update as frequently as possible! If I don't update a new picture after a half hour, I'm not online. But will get it finished next chance I get!
Equip the iron pipe and check if the zombie is alive.
Ok, for all requests finished. I will put an, "agree" rating on your post!
Whack the zombie few times. See if it still moans.
Smash the bottle of coke over it's head then shove the head of it into it's face.
Take the syringe and try to draw some blood of the zombie.
So you're going to update once a day, that's pretty neat although I would strongly suggest at slowing down the pace. It's easy to get overzealous in updating at first because of how eager you are to draw this, but later on you usually lose interest in it and it becomes more of a chore (which it is, spending 1-2 hours every day drawing can get tedious) and people are going to expect you to update that frequently even if you don't want to.
Things can happen in real life too that'll get in the way of drawing, and people will moan bitch and complain if you can't give them the frequent updates they've grown accustomed to, which might cause you to lose interest even more. What I'm trying to say is that you should slow down the pace, this will mean you can take days off if you don't feel like drawing and just generally spend more time on each update if you're anxious to draw. :)
I'm pretty sure more than the teeth would break from a swing of an iron pipe. Which brings me to what we should do ;Keep swinging that iron pipe til we don't have to do it anymore.
Feed the pipe down it's throat.
Trip him over and whack him with the pipe.
[editline]27th February 2011[/editline]
[QUOTE=Koala;28325967]Trip him over and whack him with the pipe.[/QUOTE]
Zombie's dead. Make another request. (:
Grab the bottle if it has any liquid in it. Could be used against the thirst later. Also equip metal pipe again.
Also, just curious. Wouldn't your backpack hold more than three things. Lets say one big item, 3 medium items, 7 small items or something ?
Yes, I am implementing a storage system, I will put it in use later when more items come in. (:
Flip the zombie over and pull the pipe from the other end. Should be easier.