• Interactive Vignettes
    39 replies, posted
Welcome and happy April. This is interactive vignettes, a series of open-ended Paint interactives with a self-imposed limit of five pages per interactive. Our current adventure is The Short, Happy Lives of Facepunch, beginning on page 1. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> [IMG]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5880/town1g.png[/IMG] This is evening in Portlligat, a small fishing community on the Costa Brava in Spain. The smell of today's catch lingers in the air and many of the town's merchants are closing up shop for the day. Much of the day's activity has ceased, and the crowds of midday have dispersed into their respective homes. [IMG]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4668/town2a.png[/IMG] Far from the crowded sprawl, at the edge of a pier, it is much calmer. [IMG]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3673/town3.png[/IMG] And that is where you sit. You are wearing a bowler hat and suit, and are staring into the distance at the fishing boats returning home.
>inventory check >look behind you, inland
Check inventory, try to find a shop/tavern/bar that isn't closed
[IMG]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/300/bolwerhatguy.png[/IMG] You check your pockets. Inside are a pocket watch and lods of emone. The watch exceeds your expectations by being one minute too fast. [IMG]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1426/bolwerhatguy2.png[/IMG] You head back to hit the town. [IMG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4015/bar1h.png[/IMG] Two shops are still open, the goods store for the old-timey affluent such as yourself, and the bar right next to it.
>Investigate bar
>Go into bar, grab bottle, smash it, start fight with next customer to walk in
>Bar, offer a round to everyone the second you walk in
> Buy everything with lods of emone
Investigate the Shop, but look behind you before entering to make sure no one is suspiciously following you in. EDIT: Did I derail the thread or something?
Yes you bastard you wrecked the thread. Just kidding, I lost interest when I spent five hours on the next update. I have new motivation, however! [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4324/update3.png[/IMG] It's payday today, the bar is packed wall to wall with fishermen. [IMG]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2448/update32.png[/IMG] You walk in. Barfight, round, or something else?
>Buy for everyone!
You buy for everyone including yourself and begin purchasing under the influence. You buy another round and another until the night descends into several hours of drunken shenanigans [IMG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2642/kegstand.png[/IMG] You come to the next morning. [IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6973/kegstand2.png[/IMG] "What bet?" You ask. The man claims you agreed to travel to every country bordering the Mediterranean sea within two weeks or be executed. No one else stood to win anything and no one previously wanted you dead but everyone was amused by your complete lack of judgement. [IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1696/kegstand3.png[/IMG] A journey lies before you.
Whine about the bet and argue that you made it while you were completely intoxicated.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/kegstand4.png/][IMG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6337/kegstand4.png[/IMG][/URL] He goes on to say that he's fine with you quitting, but you'll need something more persuasive for other townsfolk.
Tell the townspeople that they shouldn't hold people accountable for bets which the townspeople themselves couldn't complete either.
>perform autofellatio
You'll break your neck!
[QUOTE=Krinkels;34425568]You'll break your neck![/QUOTE] Eat the mans hat
You're the one wearing the hat.
[QUOTE=Krinkels;34429949]You're the one wearing the hat.[/QUOTE] Eat your own hat, you are quite hungry!
Go win that bet.
Okay, cool. How?
[QUOTE=Krinkels;34433965]Okay, cool. How?[/QUOTE] Walk to every country.
[QUOTE=Krinkels;34433965]Okay, cool. How?[/QUOTE] Take the hat off, then chew it.
[QUOTE=XTREME GYPSIE;34438152]Take the hat off, then chew it.[/QUOTE] He's asking dsidewd,not you.
I'll do dsidewd's suggestion tomorrow. Gypsie, you can't go anywhere without a [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NiceHat]nice hat![/url]
You confront several people throughout the town and they decide that even while they shouldn't hold you to your bet, they will anyway. So you walk. [IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7291/portlligat.png[/IMG] And walk. [IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/24/portlligat1.png[/IMG] And walk. [IMG]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2705/portlligat2.png[/IMG] And walk. [IMG]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2580/hs2k.png[/IMG] And walk. [IMG]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4981/hs3t.png[/IMG] And walk. [IMG]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/214/hs4t.png[/IMG] And walk. [IMG]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4682/hillside.png[/IMG] And walk until you find the weed king on your way to Monaco. [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/61384311.png/][IMG]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/30/61384311.png[/IMG][/URL]
Say "sup broh." All cool like.
You say "sup broh," but without proper reverence to the weed king. He is angered by your disrespect and banishes you from the Earth forever. [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/sixthirtytwo.png/][IMG]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5127/sixthirtytwo.png[/IMG][/URL]
You know what, I love doing this, and can for the foreseeable future spare a few minutes each night or so to update more regularly. So, to avoid spamming the forum, I'll just use this thread for the new interactive: [IMG]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8916/introvc.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5683/62412534.png[/IMG] You have invented a time machine. It is painted gold, has numbers indicating the date and most importantly, allows you and anything touching you to travel as far as one month into the past or future. [IMG]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/647/98119815.png[/IMG] Since the bulk of the mechanism is spent housing the machine's supply of fissionable materials, the clock itself is only precise to the nearest hour. It seems that, so long as you keep it a secret, you have the world by its tail. With a time machine, you could right past wrongs, attain unimaginable wealth, and basically act as you please. What, then, will you do?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.