• The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - Spidey's back in a brand spanking new movie!
    1,168 replies, posted
David Fincher reveals his opening sequence for the movie should be have directed. Which was to say, pretty close [quote]My impression what Spider-Man could be is very different from what Sam [Raimi] did or what Sam wanted to do. I think the reason he directed that movie was because he wanted to do the Marvel comic superhero. I was never interested in the genesis story. I couldn't get past a guy getting bit by a red and blue spider. It was just a problem… It was not something that I felt I could do straight-faced. I wanted to start with Gwen Stacy and the Green Goblin, and I wanted to kill Gwen Stacy. The title sequence of the movie that I was going to do was going to be a ten minute — basically a music video, an opera, which was going to be the one shot that took you through the entire Peter Parker [backstory]. Bit by a radio active spider, the death of Uncle Ben, the loss of Mary Jane, and [then the movie] was going to begin with Peter meeting Gwen Stacy. It was a very different thing, it wasn't the teenager story. It was much more of the guy who's settled into being a freak.[/quote] [url]http://io9.com/5869055/[/url]
I have a feeling this movie is going to be bad. Just leave spider-man alone please, the first two movies captured the comic book theme perfectly, we don't need some gritty spiderman movie.
I think they're trying to turn it into the new Batman or Superman, with several different versions spanning over the years. However they shouldn't have done another origin story.
[QUOTE=darcy010;33888488]I think they're trying to turn it into the new Batman or Superman, with several different versions spanning over the years. However they shouldn't have done another origin story.[/QUOTE] I hate it when they focus way too much on the origins of the superhero (aka 100% of the modern superhero movies) I just wish they'd make a movie where spiderman was already a hero. Everyone knows how it happened, so you don't really need to explain it every time.
For those that want to know how the movie ends. It was rumored for awhile, but a new line of lego toys just confirmed it [sp]spidery vs lizard in oscorp, and lizard guy somehow turns a team of swat guys into lizards as well during the fight.[/sp] idk sounds cool i guess but somehow i'm just not really interested in this movie anymore.
[QUOTE=postal;33959975]For those that want to know how the movie ends. It was rumored for awhile, but a new line of lego toys just confirmed it [sp]spidery vs lizard in oscorp, and lizard guy somehow turns a team of swat guys into lizards as well during the fight.[/sp] idk sounds cool i guess but somehow i'm just not really interested in this movie anymore.[/QUOTE] i wont lie [sp]that sounds really dumb[/sp]
And then Gwen Stacy turned into Carnage and slaughtered everyone, I'm not joking that is what happended in the Ultimate comics.
Terrible fail on their part to conceal spoilers through toys
Another toy line shows the Lizard [url]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85577[/url] Everyone is saying he looks like the goombas from that live action mario movie lol. yeah I don't think he'll be going full lizard anymore.
[QUOTE=postal;33962653]Another toy line shows the Lizard [url]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85577[/url] Everyone is saying he looks like the goombas from that live action mario movie lol. yeah I don't think he'll be going full lizard anymore.[/QUOTE] ugh that looks like ass man why couldn't they just do full on beast lizard instead of this bullshit come on
[QUOTE=postal;33959975]For those that want to know how the movie ends. It was rumored for awhile, but a new line of lego toys just confirmed it [sp]spidery vs lizard in oscorp, and lizard guy somehow turns a team of swat guys into lizards as well during the fight.[/sp] idk sounds cool i guess but somehow i'm just not really interested in this movie anymore.[/QUOTE] There were also reports of seeing [sp]SWAT guys on set several months ago,[/sp] so this is probably true.
Still we saw small shots of the lizard having his snout and such, getting more beasty so maybe they just didn't want to show it out till the last fight. And lets be fair that Lego doesn't always have a good gimmack when it comes to beast moster style designs in a basic average legoman bulid.
why wouldn't they make him full lizard there's no logic behind it [editline]30th December 2011[/editline] it's how he looks in the comics, and everyone thinks he looks cooler that way, so why not go ahead and make him look like, you know, an actual lizard?
Hm, if Lizard truly [sp]changes SWAT members into lizards like him, why exactly they turn on his side? Some remains of their minds would stop them helping a guy they were supposed to capture few seconds ago.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Zukriuchen;33964240]it's how he looks in the comics, and everyone thinks he looks cooler that way, so why not go ahead and make him look like, you know, an actual lizard?[/QUOTE] This is how he looks in the comics just in the really old comics no one cares about anymore. stupid stupid stupid
[QUOTE=Sirdrone536;33964046]Still we saw small shots of the lizard having his snout and such[/QUOTE] Too scary for the public, might frighten little children and the suits managing this shit would lose a huge 5% of the profit.
A new still [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/p9Ivn.jpg[/IMG]
Now if that had the real Spiderman outfit, it would be even better.
[QUOTE=postal;33962653]Another toy line shows the Lizard [url]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85577[/url] Everyone is saying he looks like the goombas from that live action mario movie lol. yeah I don't think he'll be going full lizard anymore.[/QUOTE] What the fuck That looks like a lakelurk [quote][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101217204859/fallout/images/archive/d/dd/20110507233930!Lakelurk_king.png[/img][/quote]
It might be okay.
Director says we can expect a new trailer soon. Within the next month. So keep a look out!
I'm kinda apprehensive on this one. I loved the old trilogy and was really looking forward to Spidey 4 when they cancelled it. The shitty First Person effects shot in the trailer really didn't do much to help it. I dunno man. It just seems like they went "star fishing" with this one. I mean. The original cast was pretty alright, even if Pete was too goodie-two-shoes and not dark enough. They had J.K. Simmons for chrissakes. They'd just reached the part of the comic-book canon where the real villains and shit about his parents would start to unravel. GODDAMN it studio execs. The fu- I'm raging two years too late. Maybe i should check it out. I dunno. Why would I watch this? I'm very disinterested in having the early years related to me for what will be the 6th time now. Just hurry the fuck up and get into his thirties, the clone sagas and all of the wacky shit. Seriously. What's better than one Spider-Man? Two of them. Working together! I want the Carnage/Venom saga fleshed out in a single film and what about the thousand or so Spider-man/Wolverine crossovers? Sorry for spewing such a rant here... But if it bothers you, just deal with it. OK? I mean. This reboot would be like cancelling Batman 3 and just rebooting it with Rupert Grint as the joker or something.
[hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw[/hd]
I miss J.K. Simmons
Simmons was the perfect JJJ. Lizard looks like shit. Fuck how he originally looked, he needs to look like a feral, bloodthirsty, rampaging, savage mutant monster, not some idiotic cartoon character from a children's storybook.
The trailer is great. That's two brilliant superhero trailers in one week. I really like the way they've made spiderman a wisecracker like he should be. [editline]7th February 2012[/editline] And the action looks awesome too.
Actually looks pretty good.
Movie looks OK, but the villain looks boring as shit.
Meh
i think this film looks very mediocre and or bad and useless
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.