• Music Chat Thread April 2012 vVedi Spaghetti
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Vedicardi;37145247]this ISNT the worst thing ever also thisispain pls accept my frand weqast on steam (im nyoron churya pls respond)[/QUOTE] i already did! [editline]8th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=T.F.W.O.;37145844]That gif keeps crashing my facepunch tab :c[/QUOTE] feel the pain
o ok cool :) [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] idk if im depressed or if my stomach hurts but im going to eat chocolate like a fat girl right now
I woke up not even knowing what day it is. In fact, I still don't. I should really start sleeping.
I have too much music
i have 4 big new york skyscraper stacks of vinyls if you guys lived near me i would mail you some for free lol
[QUOTE=Dori;37144876]bürk[/QUOTE] byerk goodmans-do-tier
I wonder how the boundaries of electronic music are going to be pushed next.
More noise.
Not exactly boundary pushing but it's still pretty good electronic. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJp2mQnn4mw&feature=g-all-f[/media]
[QUOTE=T.F.W.O.;37148238]I wonder how the boundaries of electronic music are going to be pushed next.[/QUOTE] dude, i reckon there are machines that make other worldly 20 khz sounds so wait for some good experimentation and remember not to stick to the people who play it safe.
My buddy can't go to outlook festival in croatia anymore but she needs her ticket sold quickly. Cheaper than face value! You have until the 17th to get the name changed, PM me if you want it! lineup.... [quote] Ackboo Acre Adam Prescott Addison Groove Akala Alby Daniels Alexander Nut Alix Perez Altered Natives Amoss Andy C Ant TC1 Appleblim Aries Arkist Author (Live) Bad Education Balkans Hifi Barely Legal BASSFoundation Bay Beat Collective Ben UFO Benji B Big Joe Billain Billy Widz & Jeph1 Biome Blackboard Jungle Blacks Bladerunner Blawan Blue Daisy Boddika Bonobo Boyson Bredren Breezak Broke’n’£nglish Brother Culture BunZer0 Ca:ro Calibre Calyx Cardopusher CFSN DJ’s Channel One Chefal Chimpo Chungo-Bungo Chunky Commodo Compa Congo Natty Live Conscious Sounds + King General Count Skylarkin’ Crises Cyrus Dabs Daddy Freddy Daddy Nature Damu Danman Danny Wood Darka Darkside Darksky Dauwd Dawa Hifi DBridge Defenders of Style Desto Digital Mystikz – Mala & Coki Digitron Disclosure Dismantle Disrupt Distance DJ Foster DJ Fu DJ Jeff DJ Machete DJ Madd DJ Marky DJ Neffa T DJ Q DJ Riven DJ Spud DJ Tay DJ+ Djinn DMT Drapez Dropfellas Dub Boy Dub Phizix Dub Smugglers Sound System Dub-4 Dubateers Dubble Earl Gateshead (Trojan Soundsystem) Earthpipe El Fata Elgato Eliphino Enei Engine-Earz Eniz Epitome Ezra Fantastic Mr Fox Farkas Fat Freddy’s Drop Feelaz Felis Finna Finwa Firehouse Sound Fis-T Fish fLako Flowdan Frenzy D Friction FuntCase G Double Gemini Gentleman’s Dub Club George Fitzgerald Gerra & Stone Get Low Cartel Girl Unit Gold Panda Goldie Gorgon Sound Gussie P Gusto Hatcha Horseman Hyetal Hypeman Sage I-Tal Jam Riddim Band Icicle Illaman Illum Sphere Indigo Influx Inspirational Sounds Iration Steppas J:Kenzo Jack Sparrow Jack Swift Jackmaster Jacky Murda Jah Billah Jah Shaka Jamie George Jay 5ive Jo Kira Joe Rolet Joker Jon K Jon-Roy Jubei Juma Phist MC June Miller Kahn Kasra Kelpe Ken Evil Kenny Ken Kenny Knots Kidkanevil Kidnap Kid Killawatt Klose One Klute Koan Sound Kode 9 Kodin Kokoro Kromestar Kryptic Minds Kuedo Kutmah Kwality MC Kydro L-Wiz LD50 Leadbelly Lee Scratch Perry Lenzman Liam Shift Lil Silva Limbz Liondub Loco Loefah Logan Sama Lost Lud Dub Lurka Lx One Madam X Maffi Maki Banton Mantmast MC Marcus Intalex Marcus Nasty Matt U Matter Max Romeo MC AD MC Andlar MC Crazy D MC DRS MC Fokus MC Fox MC JC MC Lowqui MC Rafta MC Ramin MC Skatz MC Talisman Mella Dee Mensah Mickey Pearce Midnight Resistance Hi-Fi Mighty Moe Miss Criss Miz Mosca Moxie MPJ SLO Mr J Cutter Mr Williamz Mungos Hifi My Nu Leng N-Type Nanci & Phoebe Navigator Necessary Mayhem Newham Generals Nhertz Nicky Blackmarket Nika North Base Northern Lights Numa Crew OBF Octane & DLR Oneman Onra Onset Ossie P Money Pangaea Part2Style Sound Paul Spymania Pean Pearson Sound Phaeleh Phife (A Tribe Called Quest) Pinch Planas Plastician Prince Fatty Pulsar Quest R.King R1 Ryders RackNRuin Rattus Rattus RDG Reggae Rajahs Reggae Roast Remarc Reuben G Rich Reason Riddim Tuffa Rockwell RootsInSession Ros Roska RSD Ruckspin Rudimental Rush S.P.Y. Safire Sai Said5 Sammy Dread Scuba Sencha & Peak Phine Serial Killaz Serum Seven Shepdog Shock Silent Witness Silkie Skeptical Skittles Skream Sofie Loizou Solo Banton Soom T Souls Of Mischief SP:MC Sparkz SpectraSoul Spyro Squarewave Stamina Mc Stand High Patrol Sticky Strategy Subfreq Submob Crew Submotion Orchestra Subwena Sukh Knight Survival Systematic T Williams T-Man Tamasine Teebee Tenor Fly The Babylon Destruction Unit The Beatnuts The Bug, Flowdan & Daddy Freddy The Disciples Feat Jonah Dan The Four Owls The Heatwave The Prototypes Thelem Thinking Timba Tippa Toast Tommy Gun Tonn Piper Transit Mafia True Tiger Truth Tuesday Club DJ’s Tunnidge Twinkle Brothers T_! V.I.V.E.K Valta Vibration Lab Vital Techniques Von D Walton Weeding Dub Westernsynthetics Woz Xtrah XXXY Yannah Yayné Yesh Youngsta YT Zed Bias Zero 7 (Sam – DJ Set) Zinc Zion Train [/quote] yep look at that. buy it immediately.
[QUOTE=T.F.W.O.;37148238]I wonder how the boundaries of electronic music are going to be pushed next.[/QUOTE] I honestly want to see if people can come up with new ideas for music using traditional instruments.
I don't think we have any croatian regulars in this thread.
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;37148807]I honestly want to see if people can come up with new ideas for music using traditional instruments.[/QUOTE] Honestly after a few thousands years of civilisation and music I think we've done just about all we can with traditional instruments, not so say that music with traditional instruments is boring or samey but really there's a limit to the range of sound you can pull out of them. Honestly I'd be more interested to see how pop music advances more than anything else.
[QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37149116]Honestly after a few thousands years of civilisation and music I think we've done just about all we can with traditional instruments, not so say that music with traditional instruments is boring or samey but really there's a limit to the range of sound you can pull out of them. Honestly I'd be more interested to see how pop music advances more than anything else.[/QUOTE] True, and electronic music is able to pull out all the glitches and bleeps n bloops to make their music.
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;37148807]I honestly want to see if people can come up with new ideas for music using traditional instruments.[/QUOTE] okay eluvetie [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37149116]really there's a limit to the range of sound you can pull out of them. [/QUOTE] true, but whose to say you're meant to play an instrument in the traditional sense?
tinychat too btw. [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=AK'z;37149149]okay eluvetie [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] true, but whose to say you're meant to play an instrument in the traditional sense?[/QUOTE] Your condescension is noted.
[QUOTE=AK'z;37149149]okay eluvetie [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] true, but whose to say you're meant to play an instrument in the traditional sense?[/QUOTE] I never said playing it in traditional styles, but we've still done just about everything you can with an instrument as a species in just about as many styles as you can come up with. The fact of the matter is that with 6 strings and 22 - 24 frets on a guitar there's a limit to what you can do, there's literally billions of combinations of chords, notes, scales, modes and progressions but as I said, after tens of thousands of years I think we've pretty much done it all, and what we haven;t done probably hasn't been done cause it's just too weird, and even then someones probably done it and loved it.
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;37149172] Your condescension is noted.[/QUOTE] also note that i am always sorry. :) [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37149184]I never said playing it in traditional styles, but we've still done just about everything you can with an instrument as a species in just about as many styles as you can come up with. The fact of the matter is that with 6 strings and 22 - 24 frets on a guitar there's a limit to what you can do, there's literally billions of combinations of chords, notes, scales, modes and progressions but as I said, after tens of thousands of years I think we've pretty much done it all, and what we haven;t done probably hasn't been done cause it's just too weird, and even then someones probably done it and loved it.[/QUOTE] you're talking way too broadly. Look how far music has come over the last 100 years. Fair enough there isn't a whole load of "evolution" from 1990-until now. But there's always going to be experimentation beyond what "influences" a load of people. You may never know, there could be some highly ridiculous underground band merging doom metal with greek folk.
[QUOTE=AK'z;37149186]also note that i am always sorry. :) [editline]9th August 2012[/editline] you're talking way too broadly. Look how far music has come over the last 100 years. Fair enough there isn't a whole load of "evolution" from 1990-until now. But there's always going to be experimentation beyond what "influences" a load of people. You may never know, there could be some highly ridiculous underground band merging doom metal with greek folk.[/QUOTE] No dude I'm not talking artistically, we've done just about everything you can imagine with a guitar, really all you could do is use less common instruments and shit but even then they've obviously already been used.
to be fair, the way music is moving forward is about how different musical pieces are put together. It's like jigsaw puzzles in a sense. It's really complex to figure out what exactly influences someone into making a sound. I don't even think I'm at that stage where I can name people's influences really easily, it's easier if they just say it tbh.
[QUOTE=AK'z;37149598]to be fair, the way music is moving forward is about how different musical pieces are put together. It's like jigsaw puzzles in a sense. It's really complex to figure out what exactly influences someone into making a sound. I don't even think I'm at that stage where I can name people's influences really easily, it's easier if they just say it tbh.[/QUOTE] Welcome to modern art. Refernces/Influences everywhere.
[QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37149230]No dude I'm not talking artistically, we've done just about everything you can imagine with a guitar, really all you could do is use less common instruments and shit but even then they've obviously already been used.[/QUOTE] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWwjbLaaHt4[/media]
[QUOTE=Vedicardi;37150097][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWwjbLaaHt4[/media][/QUOTE] Nah dude I mean in terms of playing the instrument we've really done everything we can, I don't mean artistically in terms of music, I just mean in basic mechanics of playing there's really only so much you can do with a guitar since there is a fundamental hard limit based on the guitar having a set number of strings and frets, same goes for every instrument.
right there in that video you see chord tapping which is as a technique is used by like 5 bands total lol, and even then what is your point?
[QUOTE=Vedicardi;37150202]right there in that video you see chord tapping which is as a technique is used by like 5 bands total lol, and even then what is your point?[/QUOTE] My point was that basically anything that can be done with an instrument has been done, that's all.
[QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37150232]My point was that basically anything that can be done with an instrument has been done, that's all.[/QUOTE] I haven't seen people who replaced their torso with a controbass so your point is invalid.
[QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37150137]Nah dude I mean in terms of playing the instrument we've really done everything we can, I don't mean artistically in terms of music, I just mean in basic mechanics of playing there's really only so much you can do with a guitar since there is a fundamental hard limit based on the guitar having a set number of strings and frets, same goes for every instrument.[/QUOTE] at which point you hook it up to an amp + insane amount of pedals and become sonic youth
[video=youtube;pE-rtSSY2GQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-rtSSY2GQ[/video] So I heard this song and I thought it was pretty damn awesome. I decided to check out the full album and this song sums it up: [video=youtube;89STRv9_0Ys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89STRv9_0Ys[/video]
[QUOTE=Pierrewithahat;37150232]My point was that basically anything that can be done with an instrument has been done, that's all.[/QUOTE] but I just showed you a technique that hasn't been done
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.