• Music Chat Thread: February 2012 (GIANT SPIDERS)
    10,607 replies, posted
robots r cool fuk you
I know robots are cool I probably spent an hour and a half today watching them fight aliens
[QUOTE=Sanius;34922641]butts[/QUOTE] buttes
[QUOTE=ButtsexV3;34922844]buttes[/QUOTE] get in mumu bro
[QUOTE=Mr. Bleak;34922630]You'd love Kylesa. [editline]28th February 2012[/editline] I mean, if you don't already know about them.[/QUOTE] Very good band.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtztvaGN92A[/media] No sleep til bedtime.
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;34921903]Got recommended T.R.A.M by some guy in my uni course. I think I may like this guys tastes.[/QUOTE] Played them 36 times in the past 7 days. They're truly great. [editline]28th February 2012[/editline] Also I'm not an audiophile, but that MP3 / FLAC discussion hurted.
Also, opinions on the difference between ambient and atmospheric music? [editline]29th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Pal13;34923049]Played them 36 times in the past 7 days. They're truly great. [editline]28th February 2012[/editline] Also I'm not an audiophile, but that MP3 / FLAC discussion hurted.[/QUOTE] Not a huge fan of TRAM but if he likes that he's almost sure to like Animals As Leaders
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;34923061]Also, opinions on the difference between ambient and atmospheric music?[/QUOTE] Gee, I think they overlap a lot, but if there had to be a distinction it would be that ambient would be reverb-y in general, while atmospheric would have synth pads and lots of textures. But it's pretty confusing, you could have a field recording of nature with textures, and also consider [I]that[/I] ambient-like. I also have a feeling "ambient" tends to have percussion more often than "atmospheric". Why do you ask?
I think they're both pretty much the same thing
What about french classic/jazz? Where can I find them? the 1920s-1950s era
[QUOTE=Pal13;34923122]Gee, I think they overlap a lot, but if there had to be a distinction it would be that ambient would be reverb-y in general, while atmospheric would have synth pads and lots of textures. But it's pretty confusing, you could have a field recording of nature with textures, and also consider [I]that[/I] ambient-like. I also have a feeling "ambient" tends to have percussion more often than "atmospheric". Why do you ask?[/QUOTE] Mostly curious what people think.
Dude, boostards everywhere today.
Because garry got rid of the old requirements for it. You can only buy it now. Fucking stupid tbh.
Helps that it's half off today too. :suicide:
Speaking of ambient anyone know of any artists like [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQrDHsO5CPY&feature=related"]Oneohtrix Point Never[/URL]? I've been looking for awhile now and only come up with [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdw9wJ3Yxs0&list=PL8BBB0CA308B7C1E3&index=148&feature=plpp_video"]Laurel Halo[/URL].
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;34923061]Also, opinions on the difference between ambient and atmospheric music? [editline]29th February 2012[/editline] Not a huge fan of TRAM but if he likes that he's almost sure to like Animals As Leaders[/QUOTE] I really don't see much of a difference.
Same thing, different name.
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;34923061]Also, opinions on the difference between ambient and atmospheric music? [/QUOTE] Ambient is more song-like while atmospheric conveys a situation or place. If that makes sense.
is "atmospheric" alone even used as a genre name? isn't it more like an added word to another genre like atmospheric black metal?
[QUOTE=Sanius;34921518]"I can't hear a difference also anybody who claims they can is a poopyhead" is not an argument lmao[/QUOTE] Going from average gear to decent gear, then yes you will hear a worthwhile difference but as the gear gets more expensive then it experiences diminishing returns. And you've yet to give me an argument apart from saying you dislike mine, try again.
I'm going to listen to the entire Gojira discography now :D
[QUOTE=Stizzles;34923648]is "atmospheric" alone even used as a genre name? isn't it more like an added word to another genre like atmospheric black metal?[/QUOTE] They're both used the same, as descriptive words or genre-like.
[QUOTE=Gar~;34916727] Sennheisers are mediocre headphones. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE] Compared to what? You've obviously either only listened to the cheap ones or being biased for no reason.
Terraria is actually really fun I feel like I'm playing Adventure Time
[QUOTE=Systema;34919969]anyone listen to The Magnetic Fields? their new album is absolutely gorgeous[/QUOTE] I've only heard 69 love songs. I'll be sure toget that.
[QUOTE=Eluveitie;34923825]They're both used the same, as descriptive words or genre-like.[/QUOTE] huh, dont think i've ever heard of atmospheric being used as a genre on its own but ok if you say so
[QUOTE=Stizzles;34923942]huh, dont think i've ever heard of atmospheric being used as a genre on its own but ok if you say so[/QUOTE] atmospheric is a descriptive word so it pretty much doesn't mean anything else. Ambient/Drone could be your "Atmosphere" Genre. or even the Field Recordings section.
Post progressive ambientcore
also new age can be called an "atmosphere" genre.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.