• Music Chat Thread: February 2012 (GIANT SPIDERS)
    10,607 replies, posted
So much reading on my plate. 3 books in a series I'm reading now, then Atlas Shrugged, then the Dune series, and then Hobbit + LotR. Not to mention, a book I have to read for school.
[QUOTE=Daedulas;34770749]you're kidding me right?[/QUOTE] Not even slightly.
[QUOTE=Mr. Bleak;34770775]So much reading on my plate. 3 books in a series I'm reading now, then Atlas Shrugged, then the Dune series, and then Hobbit + LotR. Not to mention, a book I have to read for school.[/QUOTE] Still haven't finished Wuthering Heights since I started reading it a year and a half ago. But then again volume 2 is boring and nobody likes it. Halfway through A Clockwork Orange too, and have The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, 1984, and an 800 page collection of HP Lovecraft stories to read. Nothing I really [I]have [/I]to read though. [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] lol, watching the prequel trilogy but not the original trilogy. IV, V, and VI are great. Not watched the first three though. Only watched those really long reviews for each of them on Youtube. That really long review: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI[/url]
[QUOTE=Mr. Bleak;34770775]So much reading on my plate. 3 books in a series I'm reading now, then [B]Atlas Shrugged[/B], then the Dune series, and then Hobbit + LotR. Not to mention, a book I have to read for school.[/QUOTE] Save yourself the trouble and just get Wikipedia's definition of Objectivism engraved on a stone, then bash yourself on the head with it til it sounds like a good idea
[QUOTE=Teto;34770808]Still haven't finished Wuthering Heights since I started reading it a year and a half ago. But then again volume 2 is boring and nobody likes it. Halfway through A Clockwork Orange too, and have The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, 1984, and an 800 page collection of HP Lovecraft stories to read. Nothing I really [I]have [/I]to read though. [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] lol, watching the prequel trilogy but not the original trilogy. IV, V, and VI are great. Not watched the first three though. Only watched those really long reviews for each of them on Youtube. That really long review: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI[/url][/QUOTE] I try to read at least a chapter of something a day, and in the past months that I've done that, I can read much faster. I think I'll try to go through a series of classics here eventually. Frankenstein was an awesome book, as was Great Expectations. Great Gatsby takes the cake for classics so far, though. [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Dopey Trout;34770844]Save yourself the trouble and just get Wikipedia's definition of Objectivism engraved on a stone, then bash yourself on the head with it til it sounds like a good idea[/QUOTE] Well, my parents spent around $15 bucks on it so I might as well read it. I heard it's really controversial and the ideals in it are horrid, but that's why I want to read it. I'm pretty sure Ayn Rand was on the opposite side of the political spectrum from me, so it should be interesting.
I'm reading Adventures of Sherlock Holmes at the moment. I'm going between the Sherlock Holmes series and the Song of Ice and Fire series
I finished my book last night. Either going to start the millenium trilogy or the bonds. Or maybe something else completely. Who knows.
Reading through Ringworld. Going to re-read the darkwar saga by Raymond E. Feist again.
Guess who is getting a Grand Piano!? Edit: It's kind of a smaller grand piano but it's still a grand piano, so that's awesome in addition to my upright piano I already have. [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Dopey Trout;34770898]I'm reading Adventures of Sherlock Holmes at the moment. I'm going between the Sherlock Holmes series and the Song of Ice and Fire series[/QUOTE] Sherlock Holmes are awesome, great casual stuff to read.
i have a decent electric wall piano that serves me just fine, but it's got nothing on a grand piano congrats!
Cottoning onto this ''post what you're reading'' fad: Fernando Torres' biography and Sauzee: When Le God graced Easter Road.
I'm reading Aleksis Kivi's Seitsemän Veljestä (Seven Brothers). Every finnish person knows this book, but nobody else does.
i cant remember the last time i read a book [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] [url=tinychat.com/fpmusicsection]Click here[/url] if you're bored
[QUOTE=Hakita;34771958]I'm reading Aleksis Kivi's Seitsemän Veljestä (Seven Brothers). Every finnish person knows this book, but nobody else does.[/QUOTE] Fun fact; after his book was trampled by a swedish critic with a lot of influence over finnish literature and despite other critics liking the book, Aleksis never got it sold so well and became alcoholic. His final words? "I live." And the funniest part? His book really got popular a year after his death.
I'm looking for a music video I can't remember the name for... It's electronica and we get to see three dudes listening to music inside a car and all of sudden all the doors are locked and the volume is wrung up and then their ears bleed or something
Well, that's Stevenson and Telford applied for. Here's to hoping I get an interview.
[video=youtube;39kgxeYkYS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39kgxeYkYS4[/video] This song is so perfect
wtf is up with ACCESS RESTRICTED. I typed in the optional message "What the shit is happening bro?"
Cloudfare is being a bit mental tonight.
we botnet now
it's morning here you scrub stop timetravelling!!!!!!!!!!!!! also stereolab are p. much the shit. gonna try to have heard all of their studio albums (including microbe hunters) by tonight
deal w/ it GMT +0 master race
i live near the green laser that IS the GMT line. :smug: [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] [img]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/113/268101890_d6be85edd7_z.jpg[/img]
Is that really a thing because it's beautiful.
no it's not a thing [editline]1[/editline] [thumb]http://i.imgur.com/O1xLm.jpg[/thumb] $5 to anybody who can beat my desktop in terms of ugliness
[QUOTE=Mr. Bleak;34770775]So much reading on my plate. 3 books in a series I'm reading now, then Atlas Shrugged, then the Dune series, and then Hobbit + LotR. Not to mention, a book I have to read for school.[/QUOTE] atlas shrugged sounds like a horrendous, horrendous book not read it but I know enough about it to stay away lmao
Atlas shrugged is great, youre missing out.
atlas shrug is trash and so is everything else by ayn rand ~in my opinion~
i watched her on some interview things she seems like a horrible human being
[QUOTE=Sanius;34775429]no it's not a thing [editline]1[/editline] [thumb]http://i.imgur.com/O1xLm.jpg[/thumb] $5 to anybody who can beat my desktop in terms of ugliness[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][IMG]http://cl.ly/3v0L2Q041p1P2e2T2b1v/Screen%20shot%202012-02-19%20at%209.40.40%20PM.PNG[/IMG][/QUOTE] Ok this was just an excuse to show of my new ~desktop~
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.