• Music Chat Thread: January 2012 Extra Spiders Edition
    4,398 replies, posted
jaysuuuuuuuuuuuun JAAAYYSUUUUUUUUUUUUN
[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/286964/weirdthing1.mid]Some weird (Jazzy?) Trumpety melody thingy[/url] [url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/286964/Flibbedy%20flob.mid]Some weird Banjo-y ethnicy pianoy melodious tomfoolery[/url] [url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/286964/bassything.mid]Some weird Bass-Led thing, With a melody near the end... thing (Very WIP)[/url] I've been writing random crap :v:
[QUOTE=Tezzanator92;34018219][url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/286964/weirdthing1.mid]Some weird (Jazzy?) Trumpety melody thingy[/url] [url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/286964/Flibbedy%20flob.mid]Some weird Banjo-y ethnicy pianoy melodious tomfoolery[/url] I've been writing random crap :v:[/QUOTE] The first thing reminds me of some chase tune in a disney movie.
The first one uses the same chord progression as alot of blues/jazz standards, one famous being Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles. [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] I like the last one the most.
[QUOTE=MrJazzy;34018275]Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles.[/QUOTE] I love that one, the backing vocal climbing up the scale was just so unexpected when I first listened to it.
[QUOTE=MrJazzy;34018275]The first one uses the same chord progression as alot of blues/jazz standards, one famous being Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles. [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] I like the last one the most.[/QUOTE] Robert Johnson's Complete Recordings are amazing.
[QUOTE=AK'z;34018445]Robert Johnson's Complete Recordings are amazing.[/QUOTE] 29 damn recordings, it's so mysterious, it's so awesome!
[QUOTE=AK'z;34018445]Robert Johnson's Complete Recordings are amazing.[/QUOTE] when i first heard it i was bored because all the songs sounded the same. i never listened to any blues before so it probably just isn't a good start to the genre.
[QUOTE=pie_is_good;34018483]when i first heard it i was bored because all the songs sounded the same. i never listened to any blues before so it probably just isn't a good start to the genre.[/QUOTE] Yeah it's not a good place to start, not because it's bad or not enjoyable because it is but as you say it can be a bit simple sounded. And I don't sit around and listen to his complete recordings straight song by song, I never do that with any artist :v:
so we hit 3k posts and new thread ? Yea Death Grips kills it live. Always wanted to see the Beastie Boys
You guys need to watch the movie from the 80s, Crossroads. It has Ralph Macchio and Steve Vai, it's funny as hell. Also, watch The Search For Robert Johnson. It's an actual documentary while Crossroads is just a movie. On topic about his complete recordings: It's been debated how many songs he actually recorded. The number has been as high as 30 something I believe.
[QUOTE=MrJazzy;34018463]29 damn recordings, it's so mysterious, it's so awesome![/QUOTE] How can something recorded THAT early, sound so inspired. Lot of content. [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=pie_is_good;34018483]when i first heard it i was bored because all the songs sounded the same. i never listened to any blues before so it probably just isn't a good start to the genre.[/QUOTE] Definitely not the best starter, solely because it's so early thus not the best quality. Once you know the culture and feeling behind it, with BB and Muddy mostly then you'll feel the blues. Also John Lee Hooker.
[QUOTE=AK'z;34018766]How can something recorded THAT early, sound so inspired. Lot of content.[/QUOTE]You get a lot of inspiration from selling your soul to Satan.
currently recording new material with my grindcore band, more SERIOUS and LONGER stuff this time like, minute and a half songs that's really fucking long
but yeah the main complaint about blues is the predictability, still.. the playing does the talking. [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Pedro the Fuzzy;34018796]You get a lot of inspiration from selling your soul to Satan.[/QUOTE] Lol, that's a load of ass. Who started that jargon? [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=MotherPuncher;34018799]currently recording new material with my grindcore band, more SERIOUS and LONGER stuff this time like, minute and a half songs that's really fucking long[/QUOTE] I'd love to hear it.
[QUOTE=AK'z;34018818]but yeah the main complaint about blues is the predictability, still.. the playing does the talking.[/QUOTE]Well yeah, I mean a one hundred percent "true" blues song is the 12 bar blues with the repeating verses. I don't like the Blues enthusiasts that think like that though. [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=AK'z;34018818]but yeah the main complaint about blues is the predictability, still.. the playing does the talking. [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] [b]Lol, that's a load of ass. Who started that jargon?[/b] [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] I'd love to hear it.[/QUOTE] Selling your soul to Satan was for power was a legend long before Robert. You can look up the Faustian legend of him selling his soul which was also inspired by a story.
I guess it's okay to not like the predictability aspect of it, but it's just addictive to me.
that's what EVERYBODY on here says whenever I mention my grindcore band, and everytime I post some stuff it always gets ignored but w/e [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpXQpspdV2o[/media] btw it's Napalm BEAR, not beard, fucking recording team got it wrong [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] oh and ignore our frontman's mantits
your so hot <3
that was cool
i'm the confused-looking drummer playing on a borrowed drumset got 300 euros and an offer to play in another band good gig
You should change the name to Napalm Beard because right now i'm imagining a badass lumberjack with a beard of dripping flames
I was going to suggest changing it to Beard too. Napalm Beard sounds badass
honestly that song title was was thought up a couple of days before the concert... it's supposed to be about hunting bears with napalm but as you can probably tell it has no lyrics at all, except during the end part
Change it to a lumberjack covered in napalm hunting bears and you're in business.
Nah, a lumberjack fighting a bear that bleeds napalm. In the end the napalm consumes both of them and their skeletons are forever locked together in an eternal fight.
[QUOTE=Jack_Thompson;34019184]Nah, a lumberjack fighting a bear that bleeds napalm. In the end the napalm consumes both of them and their skeletons are forever locked together in an eternal fight.[/QUOTE] Hot.
I go back to school tomorrow! I'm actually happy about this.
[QUOTE=Chaotic Lord;34019677]I go back to school tomorrow! I'm actually happy about this.[/QUOTE] I went back today and it sucked horsecock.
quick question, what do you guys use to listen to flacs? I heard there was an itunes plugin but was wondering what most people use
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.