• Music Chat Thread: January 2012 Extra Spiders Edition
    4,398 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Kalkka;34022606]Not spastic and technical enough. To be honest, that song bores the hell out of me. i just want sikth to get their shit together and make a new album ;_;[/QUOTE] Heard any of Aliases stuff? I wouldn't expect to hear much from SikTh any more :v: [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Arctosa;34022676]I've never listened to Sikth and I'm already intrigued. Been an Adrian Smith fanboy ever since finding out he did most of the solos on Somewhere In Time[/QUOTE] SikTh are considered one of the originators of djent (which of course means they aren't that similar and have more talent than the majority of bands they've influenced). Great band. Great, great band. I'm meant to be doing Bland Street Bloom for my 3rd year performance. If I can get a video I'll post it around March time
[QUOTE=Dopey Trout;34022709]Heard any of Aliases stuff? I wouldn't expect to hear much from SikTh any more :v: [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] SikTh are considered one of the originators of djent (which of course means they aren't that similar and have more talent than the majority of bands they've influenced). Great band. Great, great band. I'm meant to be doing Bland Street Bloom for my 3rd year performance. If I can get a video I'll post it around March time[/QUOTE] Djent as in the palm muted stuff or the 8 string guitars?
[QUOTE=Dopey Trout;34022709]Great band. Great, great band.[/QUOTE] What's your fav album?
[QUOTE=Pal13;34022906]What's your fav album?[/QUOTE] can't speak for dopey there but they have only 2 full length albums, both quite similar but then again not. I personally find Death of a Dead Day more energtic and "fun" whereas The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out, Wait For Something Wild has these more massive and all around more phenomenal moments, especially in the last thirdth of the album.
I'm more familiar with Death of a Dead Day but I'm fond of The Trees are Dead and Dried Out too. They've never really done anything bad, apart from the weird Tom Waits-y poem stuff :v:
[QUOTE=Arctosa;34022853]Djent as in the palm muted stuff or the 8 string guitars?[/QUOTE] Palm muted 4 note powerchords.
[QUOTE=Arctosa;34022853]Djent as in the palm muted stuff or the 8 string guitars?[/QUOTE] The whole polyrhythmic element to metalcore. I mean, most djent is polyrhythm 101 just with offbeats. SikTh go proper crazy math with theirs
I don't like sikth, shit's way too noisy.
[QUOTE=Dopey Trout;34022986]The whole polyrhythmic element to metalcore. I mean, most djent is polyrhythm 101 just with offbeats. SikTh go proper crazy math with theirs[/QUOTE] Yes, but it the sound similar to None EP meshuggah or Catch Thirtythree meshuggah?
[QUOTE=Arctosa;34023119]Yes, but it the sound similar to None EP meshuggah or Catch Thirtythree meshuggah?[/QUOTE] WHY does EVERYTHING that has polyrhythms have to ALWAYS be compared to freaking meshuggah
[video=youtube;C-n6gpM5pFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-n6gpM5pFk[/video] oh ye
[QUOTE=Kalkka;34023133]WHY does EVERYTHING that has polyrhythms have to ALWAYS be compared to freaking meshuggah[/QUOTE] I'm talking about djent more than polyrhythms, and meshuggah are the only band that style i've listened to.and enjoyed. I just get confused because from what i've read "djent" is onomatopoeia for a palm muted 4 string chord or whatever, and people call the none ep on that style djent, but when ever someone talks about the djent trend bandwagon all I hear in these bands like periphery is the typical 8 string DWEE DO DWEEE DURP DARRR NA NARRR bullshit
Meshuggah influenced one aspect of djent arguably, but aren't the sole influence, and to be hoenst, most of their stuff isn't similar to djent, it's much less wanky and overwrought than a lot of djent. SikTh are like the other influence to a lot of people. They were certainly a fair bit ahead (and still are) musically speaking [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] Either way, just listen to fucking SikTh
[QUOTE=Arctosa;34023194]I'm talking about djent more than polyrhythms, and meshuggah are the only band that style i've listened to.and enjoyed. I just get confused because from what i've read "djent" is onomatopoeia for a palm muted 4 string chord or whatever, and people call the none ep on that style djent, but when ever someone talks about the djent trend bandwagon all I hear in these bands like periphery is the typical 8 string DWEE DO DWEEE DURP DARRR NA NARRR bullshit[/QUOTE] But current Periphery material doesn't even have an 8-string in it.
Facebook keeps suggesting this band called Sepultura to me, so I finally gave in and checked it out. I don't like the vocal style, but the instrument playing I can get behind. If they made instrumental versions of their songs I'd be happy.
[QUOTE=lavacano;34023462]Facebook keeps suggesting this band called Sepultura to me, so I finally gave in and checked it out. I don't like the vocal style, but the instrument playing I can get behind. If they made instrumental versions of their songs I'd be happy.[/QUOTE] I actually find Cavalera's growls really accessible, especially in comparison to other death metal bands. Just listen to Beneath the Remains start to finish, you wont regret it. It's just one of those albums that lacks flaws. [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=lavacano;34023462]Facebook keeps suggesting this band called Sepultura to me, so I finally gave in and checked it out. I don't like the vocal style, but the instrument playing I can get behind. If they made instrumental versions of their songs I'd be happy.[/QUOTE] I actually find Cavalera's growls really accessible, especially in comparison to other death metal bands. Just listen to Beneath the Remains start to finish, you wont regret it. It's just one of those albums that lacks flaws.
[QUOTE=l l;34023187][video=youtube;C-n6gpM5pFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-n6gpM5pFk[/video] oh ye[/QUOTE] that's it, lets fuck
[QUOTE=mikeyt493;34021650]metal is what nerds listen to because they're not cool enough to listen to better music[/QUOTE] metalheads are all the same, the lot of them, with their long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And they hate the police, don't they? EDIT: good timing, did not notice the Electric Wizard vid a few posts obove this one
[QUOTE=ButtsexV3;34023728]that's it, lets fuck[/QUOTE] nnno [QUOTE=MotherPuncher;34023867]metalheads are all the same, the lot of them, with their long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And they hate the police, don't they? EDIT: good timing, did not notice the Electric Wizard vid a few posts obove this one[/QUOTE] MotherPuncher good satire livens up the day
[url]http://www.youtube.com/slam[/url] what this isn't slam, i don't see any SICKNESS
[QUOTE=Arctosa;34023119]Yes, but it the sound similar to None EP meshuggah or Catch Thirtythree meshuggah?[/QUOTE] You'd be hard pushed to find a link to meshuggah, they may use polyrhythms but thats the end of the similarities.
Electric Wizard fucking ruled when I saw them live, the crowd as well as the band were all obviously stoned out of their minds and the drummer was having some trouble keeping a straight beat but it kicked ass nonetheless. would see again.
electric wizard is the best possible band no exceptions
Seeing them in March. So fucking excite
bro what are they touring here or something [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] o london probs wont go then because fuck london train prices
East coast mainline £12.50 each way from Newcastle or Darlington if you book like 8 months in advance :v:
Yeah It's about £30-40 here with a railcard in advance
[QUOTE=Dopey Trout;34025505]Yeah It's about £30-40 here with a railcard in advance[/QUOTE] I'm paying up to 200 to go to Soundwave. :( :argh: [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [quote][b]Anonymous asked: It's probably a bit (read: very) out of the way for you guys, but have you ever considered touring Australia again in the future? Or do the logistics and cost involved with touring very far outside of the traditional US/Europe route render this improbable?[/b] Actually, Australia was our first overseas tour, and we had a great time. It’s been a long time since then, admittedly; and plane tickets are more expensive now, but we’d still like to come back if we can make it work.[/quote] From Rosetta's Q&A on their site. I dearly hope they come to Australia again.
[url]http://soundcloud.com/capsadmin[/url] idk if capsadmin has ever posted his stuff in this section of the forums before but his shit rocks i just found out about it right now
I Fucking love Australia but everything is overpriced and we get almost no good bands touring here, and when they do come they like to avoid Perth.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.