• Airsoft Chat Thread V.6 - GAY_WEED_AIRSOFT_69 EDITION
    9,092 replies, posted
[QUOTE=catbarf;32367037]Uh, what? Just... No. Submachine guns have much more controllable recoil [B]This may be true of lighter handgun calibers like 9mm, but 45 in a subgun kicks nearly as hard as 5.56. Also, I'd like to contend that this is more of a training issue. here's a video demonstrating what good 5.56 recoil management is: [video=youtube;NTwaXkZIzo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTwaXkZIzo0[/video][/B]and lighter weight and ammunition. [B]can't argue with this[/B] In close-range urban environments, which is what submachine guns are for, the flatness doesn't matter (you will hit what you aim at), the power doesn't matter (you will drop what you shoot), and with the light recoil and weight of the SMG you can line up on the target more quickly and fire more quickly while retaining accuracy. As an added bonus, the rounds are less likely to penetrate walls and kill civilians. [B]check out this thread:[URL="http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/169328_Comparison_of__223_Penetration_vs__Handgun_ Calibers_.html"] It appears from the test results that the round least likely to overpenetrate is soft tip or hollow point 5.56. Seems that the higher velocity means that the round always has the energy to expand properly regardless of drywall clogging up the point.[/URL][/B] If you read up on your gun history, SMGs have never been main armaments for frontline infantry. The only time this was ever approached was at certain specific instances of urban combat in WW2, and that was only in the Soviet Union and Germany, both of which were using bolt-action rifles and needed something better for close range.[B]agreed[/B] SMGs aren't strictly frontline weapons, they're primarily used by law enforcement, special forces, and SWAT teams for the reasons above. So yes, carbines are more flexible, but that doesn't mean they do the job better.[B]I do agree that subguns have some uses, but 5.56 penetrates less walls when using proper hollow point ammo, making it a very viable choice.[/B][/QUOTE] [editline]19th September 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=FPKawaii;32367211]SMGs are used by SWAT so they don't shoot people on the other side of the wall, and so they can move in buildings easier.[B]if you visit m4carbine.net, which is a very useful site regarding practical use of firearms, most any subject matter expert there will argue that swat should be given short barreled carbines, the argument being that hollow point 5.56 expands more reliably and penetrates walls less.[/B]They were used lots in WWII because they were able to send massive amounts of boolet (for the period) downrange really fast.[B]wouldn't argue against this but it's no longer WWII[/B] Get over it.[B]I'm not exactly upset about anything here. Just trying to make my point. [/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=catbarf;32367037] If you read up on your gun history, SMGs have never been main armaments for frontline infantry. The only time this was ever approached was at certain specific instances of urban combat in WW2, and that was only in the Soviet Union and Germany, both of which were using bolt-action rifles and needed something better for close range. SMGs aren't strictly frontline weapons, they're primarily used by law enforcement, special forces, and SWAT teams for the reasons above. So yes, carbines are more flexible, but that doesn't mean they do the job better.[/QUOTE] Wasn't the M1A1 Thompson used by the U.S. Military for some front line Infantry troops in WW2?
used but not exactly on the same scale as full size rifles
[QUOTE=MedicmanV500;32370453]Wasn't the M1A1 Thompson used by the U.S. Military for some front line Infantry troops in WW2?[/QUOTE] Not as a standard-issue weapon for entire squads. The Germans and Soviets experimented with having platoons armed with nothing but submachine guns, and Hitler himself ordered the development of submachine guns instead of rifles (which is why developing the StG was such a risky thing). Re: Hollowpoints, it is true that 5.56 hollowpoint rounds have some of the same benefits as pistol caliber rounds, but the recoil and weight are still factors, as well as ammunition availability. Every force is going to have pistol rounds, but equipping specifically with hollowpoints is another logistics complication. More importantly, it's not viable in a situation in which the hostiles are known to have body armor (which, admittedly, is rare in a modern stomp-on-a-developing-nation-type war).
heheh that scene in bhd where the pilot defends himself with an mp5 is badass i'm surprised to this day he came out in one piece
yeah, generally speaking hollowpoints are a great thing for police. military unfortunately don't have that option, although many units still will use short carbines because 5.56 is still more common than 9mm in service.
Just got my walking boots Regatta Isotex, Waterproof und Breathable, in brown Now I just need to get that Condor Softshell in Foliage and the CWU-27P in Desert Tan and I should be p. much fine for now, except for new ACU trousers guess I'll get Propper ones this time.
[QUOTE=Kill001;32369739]I thought chrome guns always have that sheen [editline]19th September 2011[/editline] have some tacticool luger that fires two rounds from a single barrel [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAv7LN4Bsag[/media][/QUOTE] I like how she's just not giving a fuck when he's ranting about the Luger. It also looks like an anime I might actually like.
Black lagoon is really good.
[QUOTE=catbarf;32367402]And [i]accurately[/i]. Modern 5.56mm carbines use smaller rounds than the 7.62 of the StG, but a short barrel compromises gas efficiency and reduces controllability [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=catbarf;32367402]Modern 5.56mm carbines use smaller rounds than the 7.62 of the StG,[/quote] [QUOTE=catbarf;32367402][b]7.62 of the StG,[/b][/quote] you're wrong
[QUOTE=Inafinus :3;32374237]you're wrong[/QUOTE] Turn that 6 upside down :v:
[QUOTE=catbarf;32371526]Not as a standard-issue weapon for entire squads. The Germans and Soviets experimented with having platoons armed with nothing but submachine guns, and Hitler himself ordered the development of submachine guns instead of rifles (which is why developing the StG was such a risky thing). [/QUOTE] Wasn't the stg under develop secretly under a codename or something like that which made it appear to be a submachine gun?
[QUOTE=mysteryman;32374885]Wasn't the stg under develop secretly under a codename or something like that which made it appear to be a submachine gun?[/QUOTE] Originally it was designated Mkb-42 (maschinenkarabiner), to distinguish it from existing rifles. As it was developed, Hitler put a moratorium on development of rifles (as eastern front experience said they needed more submachine guns). The designers got it redesignated MP-43 and continued with the project. It was eventually put into service in limited numbers as the MP-44. When Hitler asked his generals what they needed, they asked for more of the new rifle. Hitler, who didn't know what new rifle they were talking about, was given the opportunity to test fire one of the weapons, and, impressed, labeled it a sturmgewehr for propaganda purposes. It was thus redesignated StG-44. Gotta say, covertly continuing development after it was ordered cancelled was a pretty ballsy move in an era where refusing a direct order from the Fuhrer could mean prompt execution.
That sounds like a word for word iteration of what i saw on a history channel Modern Marvels episode.
A historical summary tends to sound fairly similar no matter who's telling it.
No i mean it sounds EXACTLY like what they said in Modern Marvels.
Well I guess I'm just so eloquent the History Channel copied me :downs:
Update on my KWA PTP: So my brother's girlfriend went to Godfather's to go get it and had some problems (don't know right now, my brother said he'd tell me later). So now she's going to go to Cobra One Tactical, and hopefully I'll have the pistol before sunday.
[QUOTE=metal man;32374189]Black lagoon is really good.[/QUOTE] First glance though the one thing I dislike is how she dresses. Like, her pants aren't even buttoned. I know that anime is like, over sexed but.. I don't know, it looks like she's a ~mercenary~ so it makes more senses than say; Ghost in The Shell. Which is excellent but it fucking [i]drives me nuts[/i] that ~section 8 special tasks forces~ have a fucking woman running around in panties, bra and a blazer. What the fuck is that? That's not even sexy, it's just stupid. Her armor and jumpsuit have more sex appeal to me than the other outfit. Stupid: [t]http://blog.media-freaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/free-hidden-object-games-22.jpg[/t] Not so stupid: [t]http://www.instantz.net/uploads/MotokoKusanagi.jpg[/t] Granted I think that vest would protect her more if it was zipped up but whatever.
Kill001, do you remember the sizing on the Type03 at Major Surplus? I'm unsure what size to get, and i'm ordering from there tonight (hopefully)
[QUOTE=deathmog;32378212]Kill001, do you remember the sizing on the Type03 at Major Surplus? I'm unsure what size to get, and i'm ordering from there tonight (hopefully)[/QUOTE] Doug, Chinese sizes usually run a little small. No pun intended for you. But I'd say you can wear a Medium. If you buy a medium uniform and it's too big, than I'll buy it off you like a bro. But if not, you're good to go either way.
Hmmm, i'm a Medium-Regular in my M81's, think I should go for Large then?
Bought my M16 and mags waiting for it in the mail HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
Gentlemen: [url]http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1126469[/url] (for the love of god don't raid this place and be elitist fucks) [editline]19th September 2011[/editline] Already closed. DAMN THAT WAS FAST.
[QUOTE=mysteryman;32379680]Gentlemen: [url]http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1126469[/url] (for the love of god don't raid this place and be elitist fucks) [editline]19th September 2011[/editline] Already closed. DAMN THAT WAS FAST.[/QUOTE] New subforum? Neat.
Oh it's fantastic fun.
And I'm just starting to participate in debates throughout my AP Comp. Lit. class. This should be great.
[QUOTE=deathmog;32378448]Hmmm, i'm a Medium-Regular in my M81's, think I should go for Large then?[/QUOTE] That doesn't sound right to me. Also the shop is in the US so they may have changed the sizes according to what we'd assume as Medium-Regular is. Just order that size. I really doubt you'll have a problem.
[QUOTE=deathmog;32378212]Kill001, do you remember the sizing on the Type03 at Major Surplus? I'm unsure what size to get, and i'm ordering from there tonight (hopefully)[/QUOTE] fuck, don't remember generally from Japanne, I have my relatives send sizes that are one bigger because the sizes do run a but smaller but dis is chinnae so no idear
[url]http://midwestairsofters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=417&Itemid=46[/url] This looks pretty fun. I'm gonna pick up a Nerf sword/axe and use my trusty springer pistol. Any of you guys close to Chicago should come down since the field is like 30-45 minutes from Chicago.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.