• Airsoft Chat Thread V.6 - GAY_WEED_AIRSOFT_69 EDITION
    9,092 replies, posted
Hm, I'm still considering getting an M870 sometime after I get my 105. I'll have to talk more with you later and see if it's worth the huge investment.
For example, here's one of my favorite stories involving these shotguns. For the first time, I was letting one of the staff members borrow one of my M870's. I taught him the basics, and we're all ready to go to town. Unfortunately, its cold on the field. Game objective is to capture all of the 15ish flags/objects located in the center of the field. Him and I start off the game and get a sweet firing angle on their spawn and we see one of the regulars zip by about 15 feet in front of us towards the objectives. We immediately unload on him, but he's wearing a trenchcoat. He makes multiple passes without even realizing he's being hit by over 100 bb's. We finally nail him in the goggles and he turns our way and realizes we were lighting him up the whole time. He takes back all of the objectives and tells us he had absolutely no idea what was happening. If it was warmer, or our shells were loaded with less bb's, he would have felt the first shot no problem. Point being, you can customize these things to shoot any way you want. Luckily, when it works, the M1100 is far more nightmarish then the M870's.
"when it works" seems like the deal breaker
Oh, and the initial investment isn't that bad actually. While you've got the whole Canadian nightmare of FPS regs, its not bad at all. You start off with a few shells and a speed loader, with a large dependence on your sidearm, and you slowly build it up. All you really need is an M870 or M1100, the redwolf upgrade to deal with your dumb Canadian laws, and about 10 shell to start with. Considering the things that have been going on lately in my M1014 kit discussion, I feel confident enough to start recommending the M1100 again. We're currently working on the last internal part that needs upgrading before the whole thing is good to go. [editline]26th January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Year_of_Lurking;34410655]"when it works" seems like the deal breaker[/QUOTE] That's where I come in, the research I've been doing is not going to waste, especially when you're in direct contact with someone with a CNC mill who's currently rebuilding all the internal parts in aircraft aluminum. (Only one part left to go!)
[QUOTE=notrabies;34410666]Oh, and the initial investment isn't that bad actually. While you've got the whole Canadian nightmare of FPS regs, its not bad at all. You start off with a few shells and a speed loader, with a large dependence on your sidearm, and you slowly build it up. All you really need is an M870 or M1100, the redwolf upgrade to deal with your dumb Canadian laws, and about 10 shell to start with. Considering the things that have been going on lately in my M1014 kit discussion, I feel confident enough to start recommending the M1100 again. We're currently working on the last internal part that needs upgrading before the whole thing is good to go.[/QUOTE] Hm, the 870 itself going to cost me about $800. Then I need a better sidearm since my P226 is an ass about 85% of the time, the mags are shit and is non-stop leaking. I'm thinking of running a KWA MP9 with the 870, I'd prefer a TM Skorpion but fuck if I know where to get one.
Mmmmm KMP9 goodness
[QUOTE=venom;34410706]Hm, the 870 itself going to cost me about $800. Then I need a better sidearm since my P226 is an ass about 85% of the time, the mags are shit and is non-stop leaking. I'm thinking of running a KWA MP9 with the 870, I'd prefer a TM Skorpion but fuck if I know where to get one.[/QUOTE] Ignore the gross RIS, this is exactly what you want: [url]http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Shotguns_Maruzen_Maruzen_M1100_Revision.htm[/url] Because of the pistol grip design it gets that wonderful efficiency in cold weather, and a because of the short hose length it gets a minor boost in FPS. My Full stock M870 chronoed about 350-380 depending on temperatures, and if you get that upgrade I imagine it'll pass your limits with ease. Most importantly, due to its tiny size you can use it as a backup to your primary so it doesn't require you to have a pistol. Also, apparently it only costs 1 more in Canadian dollars than in US dollars, so that's not bad. So with the upgrade its about $350+shipping. Then you throw in a few packs of shells and you should be set for under $500. You'll just need to request Redwolf to include a chronograph sheet so you can import it legally. [editline]26th January 2012[/editline] In theory at least, Canadasoft is a confusing quagmire to the foreigners.
gross ris is a problem with rails makes you wanna gouge your eyes with nails canadian dollars are inferior to the america counter part but its alright, we street smart
[QUOTE=notrabies;34410784]Ignore the gross RIS, this is exactly what you want: [url]http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Shotguns_Maruzen_Maruzen_M1100_Revision.htm[/url] Because of the pistol grip design it gets that wonderful efficiency in cold weather, and a because of the short hose length it gets a minor boost in FPS. My Full stock M870 chronoed about 350-380 depending on temperatures, and if you get that upgrade I imagine it'll pass your limits with ease. Most importantly, due to its tiny size you can use it as a backup to your primary so it doesn't require you to have a pistol. Also, apparently it only costs 1 more in Canadian dollars than in US dollars, so that's not bad. So with the upgrade its about $350+shipping. Then you throw in a few packs of shells and you should be set for under $500. You'll just need to request Redwolf to include a chronograph sheet so you can import it legally. [editline]26th January 2012[/editline] In theory at least, Canadasoft is a confusing quagmire to the foreigners.[/QUOTE] Hm, but I want the full length 870 lol Mainly because it's so sexy and badass
Thank you German. Also, the RIS is removable/cutable and you could probably source a defender II foregrip (those look damn good) if you looked around enough. [editline]26th January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=venom;34410825]Hm, but I want the full length 870 lol Mainly because it's so sexy and badass[/QUOTE] Okay, that's where things start getting tricky, especially with importation business. Basically, they're the hardest to get up to high FPS, because they have the long hose and they're M870's. Luckily, its quite probable that you could get it done. Just send Redwolf an email, about how Canadasoft's fps limits work and ask if they think it would work. The wood stock with the upgrade runs about $460 with shipping, so with a few packs of shells you're still only looking at $600. Also, just wait for Redwolf to announce one of their sales if they don't have one going one right now. I shaved $200 off my M870 purchase.
guize I'm super excited to get my new pistols next month :dance: [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/ksc-ps-cz75-sys7-tw_big.jpeg[/img] [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/ksc-g23fmetalversion_big.jpeg[/img]
[QUOTE=notrabies;34410832]Thank you German. Also, the RIS is removable/cutable and you could probably source a defender II foregrip (those look damn good) if you looked around enough.[/QUOTE] See, I can import this [url]http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Shotguns_Maruzen_M870_Extension_Custom_Wood_Stock_Version.htm[/url] for about $712, or about $900 with the AS upgrade That's a pretty sizeable lump of money.. But goddamn it's so sexy..
[QUOTE=venom;34410922]See, I can import this [url]http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Shotguns_Maruzen_M870_Extension_Custom_Wood_Stock_Version.htm[/url] for about $712, or about $900 with the AS upgrade That's a pretty sizeable lump of money.. But goddamn it's so sexy..[/QUOTE] so. much. money...I'm so sorry
[QUOTE=venom;34410922]See, I can import this [url]http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Shotguns_Maruzen_M870_Extension_Custom_Wood_Stock_Version.htm[/url] for about $712, or about $900 with the AS upgrade That's a pretty sizeable lump of money.. But goddamn it's so sexy..[/QUOTE] Where exactly are these high importation fees coming from? Are you guys only allowed to have websites import for you, even if it meets the velocity limits?
iirc their velocity limit is like 501fps or something like that?
[QUOTE=notrabies;34410995]Where exactly are these high importation fees coming from? Are you guys only allowed to have websites import for you, even if it meets the velocity limits?[/QUOTE] It's extremely sketchy to import yourself, although I could probably email RWA directly about it. A couple of the retailers here have import deals set up with customs and RWA, so they usually do the importing.
[QUOTE=venom;34411049]It's extremely sketchy to import yourself, although I could probably email RWA directly about it. A couple of the retailers here have import deals set up with customs and RWA, so they usually do the importing.[/QUOTE] Hmm, from my understanding the only time this mystical 4xx fps figure comes into play is when the gun leaves or enters Canada, surely trying emailing redwolf about it yourself can't hurt, and it might save you about $300, or 33% of your import price. Perhaps your Canadian forums can also help you out as well. I mean at this point, you're only about $100-$200 short of buying a Yuji Gun Factory custom SPAS-12 or M3 Super 90. And that company also makes a long length tightbore for the Maruzen series (another $50)that will boost fps above the required limits, probably to about 450 fps.
[QUOTE=notrabies;34411097]Hmm, from my understanding the only time this mystical 4xx fps figure comes into play is when the gun leaves or enters Canada, surely trying emailing redwolf about it yourself can't hurt, and it might save you about $300, or 50% of your import price. Perhaps your Canadian forums can also help you out as well. I mean at this point, you're only about $100-$200 short of buying a Yuji Gun Factory custom SPAS-12 or M3 Super 90. And that company also makes a long length tightbore for the Maruzen series (another $50)that will boost fps above the required limits, probably to about 450 fps.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'll probs end up emailing RWA when I have the dosh for it.
So one of my friends just got that WE G17 and brought it over for me to take a look at, and I'm pretty impressed- holding it, it's not bad by any means, definitely higher quality externals at least than my KJW M9 (granted, mine is the older plastic one), and with a few good features like easily adjustable hop-up and the trademark Glock safety. What really struck me is the weight, for a plastic gun it's pretty heavy and although it's been a while since I held one I'm pretty sure the real Glock is about the same as the replica. It also has very heavy recoil which took me by surprise. That said, I haven't actually seen it shoot, and for all I know the internals may actually be total crap, but it shows signs of being a decent sidearm. The main obstacle now is finding magazines.
Doesn't it just take TM magazines? Also, apparently Redwolf will not ship to individuals in Canada, its in their FAQ, and after reading up a bit, I agree that your only legitimate hope is retailer importation. What a bummer.
[QUOTE=notrabies;34411738]Doesn't it just take TM magazines?[/QUOTE] Yep, but they're getting hard-to-find/expensive from what I can tell.
[QUOTE=catbarf;34411785]Yep, but they're getting hard-to-find/expensive from what I can tell.[/QUOTE] They're probably pretty rare in America, but they seem plentiful overseas. I imagine its just a matter of time before WE releases clone magazines anyways. Glad to hear that there's now a reasonable cheap glock out there.
Well actually the KSC Glocks are only $135 (so $155 after shipping)... And the KWA counterparts are only $75-85
WE G17 does take TM G17 mags, I've seen it done and it works. WE G17 is a nice cheap pistol, I was impressed by it.
[QUOTE=notrabies;34411738]Also, apparently Redwolf will not ship to individuals in Canada, its in their FAQ, and after reading up a bit, I agree that your only legitimate hope is retailer importation. What a bummer.[/QUOTE] Damn, that sucks. TIME TO SAVE UP THEN.
Sold a USMC Goretex brand new on ebay, Delivery confirmation says it has been delievered to his PO Box that paypal told me to send to. The good thing is 99.999999% im covered by seller protection considering i mailed to the paypal address (It was correct) and Delivery confirmation is posted one bay and paypal. The sad part is he will give me neg feed back on ebay cause he will be a faggot. I know he got it cause the PO Box he has isn't big enough for the large priority box i sent him (No PO Box in USPS is big enough). Anyway, Faggots. I got more Goretex going up and im going to end up more fucked i bet with more neg feedback
[QUOTE=Jat Goodwin;34409709][img]http://i.imgur.com/eGjwN.jpg[/img] do want.[/QUOTE] Will they ever fucking realise that they got the colors wrong. Red is on the bottom.
I think that, if you're not in the us but wanna buy from an us-only site, can't you talk to someone inside of us, give them money, they buy it, and ship it to you? Like, you guys in America could buy shit for the Canadians or Europeans and ship it to us, and we'll give you money for the things and shipping. Just a thought.
Some things cause problems with customs though. Especially Canadian customs
[QUOTE=BBOOBBYY!;34412906]Will they ever fucking realise that they got the colors wrong. Red is on the bottom.[/QUOTE] [img]http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokemon/adoptions/100.gif[/img]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.