• Firearms VI - Mosin McNuggets and Tokarev Tartare
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=SmellyHippie;35881607][img]http://www.henryrepeating.com/images/rifles/h004m-bgmagnum-sm.jpg[/img] check this out it has a 16 round tubeular magazine that you don't even have to remove and fiddle around with so you can reload pretty fast, and on top of that it isn't made by Belgians[/QUOTE] I have a 22 mag already. Not really practical for a SHTF situation. [editline]8th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=download;35881647]Both of you are dumb[/QUOTE] No, I'm really not. Being prepared and being paranoid are different things.
You're using big rude bad words too Prussel. Just take a deep breath, calm down, and help me choose what I should buy from the last page. Kay? Kay.
Faze, an ak in 5.56x45mm might be a better option. Reliable, and a very common round the west, plus the ammo is lighter than 308 [b]Edit:[/b] I still think your senario is dumb though
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;35881672]You're using big rude bad words too Prussel. Just take a deep breath, calm down, and help me choose what I should buy from the last page. Kay? Kay.[/QUOTE] actually no i'm not telling people to "get the fuck out" or "chill the fuck down" :-) if the AK-MV(??) doesn't have proprietary parts then maybe it would be a good idea? i wouldn't feel too comfortable with buying a norinco, nor the chink m44 i'd get either the AK or the M91-30 with the PU.
[QUOTE=PrusseluskenV2;35881711]actually no i'm not telling people to "get the fuck out" or "chill the fuck down" :-) if the AK-MV(??) doesn't have proprietary parts then maybe it would be a good idea? i wouldn't feel too comfortable with buying a norinco, nor the chink m44 i'd get either the AK or the M91-30 with the PU.[/QUOTE] Of course a different caliber AK is going to have proprietary parts, You can't swap between an AKM variant and an AK-74 variant. If you're talking about furniture most will fit with some modification.
[QUOTE=facepuke;35881723]Of course a different caliber AK is going to have proprietary parts, You can't swap between an AKM variant and an AK-74 variant. If you're talking about furniture most will fit with some modification.[/QUOTE] i'm not talking about differently sized parts, i'm talking about things like gas tubes, rivets and trunnions being made to fit only one gun or a line of guns from one specific manufacturer.
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;35881672]You're using big rude bad words too Prussel. Just take a deep breath, calm down, and help me choose what I should buy from the last page. Kay? Kay.[/QUOTE] I'd get the scoped mosin nagant.
[QUOTE=PrusseluskenV2;35881711]actually no i'm not telling people to "get the fuck out" or "chill the fuck down" :-) if the AK-MV(??) doesn't have proprietary parts then maybe it would be a good idea? i wouldn't feel too comfortable with buying a norinco, nor the chink m44 i'd get either the AK or the M91-30 with the PU.[/QUOTE] It's imported from Circuo or whatever that big factory over there was. I made sure of it. So I would assume it does have the original parts. What's wrong with Norico / Chinese Type 53s? As far as the JW-2000 goes, isn't there a Russian version as well? Any idea where I could find that? [editline]8th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=facepuke;35881723]Of course a different caliber AK is going to have proprietary parts, You can't swap between an AKM variant and an AK-74 variant. If you're talking about furniture most will fit with some modification.[/QUOTE] He's talking about my question concerning a Romanian AK-47 variant, the AK-MV.
Stocking up on a half a garage of guns and ammo because "Hurr durr wurld end lol 2012" is retarded, you should be doing it because it pisses off Liberals, not because you're paranoid about an end that isn't coming.
[QUOTE=PrusseluskenV2;35881738]i'm not talking about differently sized parts, i'm talking about things like gas tubes, rivets and trunnions being made to fit only one gun or a line of guns from one specific manufacturer.[/QUOTE] Oh, sorry mis-understood.
[QUOTE=DaCommie1;35881760]Stocking up on a half a garage of guns and ammo because "Hurr durr wurld end lol 2012" is retarded, you should be doing it because it pisses off Liberals, not because you're paranoid about an end that isn't coming.[/QUOTE] I stock up on ammo because it's a good thing to have. Doesn't matter if the world is or isn't going to end or what you believe. If it happens to, I'm ready. If it doesn't, I've got a lot of ammo to burn through for fun. It's a win-win
I stock up on ammo accidentally, I'll have some spare money and before I know it I have more ammo :v:.
I stock up because it's cheaper to buy in bulk.
[QUOTE=faze;35880530]I'm looking for a good weapon with cheap/practical ammo. Not a debate on which is better.[/QUOTE] .308 ammo starts at 50 cents a round for brass stuff. If you want something cheap and practical while still being tacticool, you probably want an AR or a Mini-14
I stock up on ammo because it looks great on a shelf.
[QUOTE=cardfan212;35880797]I'm going to buy a Ruger Mk.III. If there are any objections, please speak now, or forever hold your peace.[/QUOTE] I'm assuming that this will be a quality purchase then?
[QUOTE=facepuke;35881804]I stock up on ammo accidentally, I'll have some spare money and before I know it I have more ammo :v:.[/QUOTE] This too. One second I've got money in my hand, the next, bullets.
[QUOTE=cardfan212;35881886]I'm assuming that this will be a quality purchase then?[/QUOTE] It's a good handgun. Have you tried it's magazine release? It's not a drop free release, you've got to pull it out once you pressed the mag release, some people don't like that.
I haven't really tinkered with one yet, haven't been to the gun store recently. I'm most likely just going to save up like $400 then head over there and check out a ton of stuff, then buy what I think is comfortable. I was just checking about the Mk.III because I haven't heard a lot of good about most of Ruger's handguns.
mark 2 and 3s are rather good actually
[QUOTE=cardfan212;35881886]I'm assuming that this will be a quality purchase then?[/QUOTE] Yeah, the Mk3 is a great .22 pistol. I have one and I love it, only problem I have with it is that its a bitch to take apart.
Ruger makes good revolvers (though the LCR is debatable) and decent 22 handguns. It's the centerfire Semi-auto handguns I'd say away from (the LC9 is their only semi-handgun I'm remotely interested in). Mark II's n III's like Prussel said are pretty good. I'd check out the Browning Buckmarks while you're at it, they're a good (albeit slightly more pricey) alternative to the Ruger 22's. On thing they've got in common is they're both a pain in the ass to disassemble and clean. Just watch some of the Youtube videos of people stripping them and you'll see what I mean.
I did watch a disassembly of the Mk.III, didn't seem all that bad, but that's just basing it off of a video.
at My local nightclub sucks, I'm serious, I wouldn't even try to assassinate Sarah Connor in there if you get my drift.
Is Heritage Arms a good manufacturer? If so, is $150 an acceptable price for a Heritage Arms .22LR "Rough Rider" revolver? [img]http://www.classicfirearms.co/images/RR22B6_lg.jpg[/img]
What do you guys find to be the best .22LR ammunition? As in, what is the cleanest and most accurate?
I go to a wal-mart, grab the first box of 500 I see for around $20, and buy it. :v:
Alright, forget the Mk.III, I can get a 10/22 for a flat $200.
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;35882520]Is Heritage Arms a good manufacturer? If so, is $150 an acceptable price for a Heritage Arms .22LR "Rough Rider" revolver? [img]http://www.classicfirearms.co/images/RR22B6_lg.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] I've been wanting one for a while now, from what I've seen they're pretty good, I've only heard of one case where the front sight blade was off, but other than that nothing but good things. There's also alot of different grip choices on the Heritage Arms website. You could probably find one used for 100 bucks.
Eh. If I'm going to buy a non-surplus firearm it's going to be new. Thanks for the info though
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.