• Musicians Off-topic Discussion Thread v2 - Now with 250% more dubstep
    1,001 replies, posted
Idea : Have a theme for the next collab album!
[QUOTE=Skeeter;36682856]Idea : Have a theme for the next collab album![/QUOTE] We already had 3 concept albums, all of which sucked more than the last.
[QUOTE=Hakita;36686130]We already had 3 concept albums, all of which sucked more than the last.[/QUOTE] Genre albums world be better.
[QUOTE=Skeeter;36682856]Idea : Have a theme for the next collab album![/QUOTE] it's not that simple
[QUOTE=T.F.W.O.;36686183]Genre albums world be better.[/QUOTE] There was an ambient electronic album at one point, can't remember how that went, but we also had a rock album which just died out.
[QUOTE=T.F.W.O.;36686183]Genre albums world be better.[/QUOTE] Those are kinda boring since they are so restricting though.
[QUOTE=Hakita;36686130]We already had 3 concept albums, all of which sucked more than the last.[/QUOTE] It does not have to be really strict, just a vague theme and songs built around that theme unlike the concept album that was very anal about the concept and ~how it had to fit into what AK'z thought was the concept~
[QUOTE=Skeeter;36687347]It does not have to be really strict, just a vague theme and songs built around that theme unlike the concept album that was very anal about the concept and ~how it had to fit into what AK'z thought was the concept~[/QUOTE] Feel free to host one in the way that you want to, I'll definitely contribute.
We should have a sample pack album.
[QUOTE=T.F.W.O.;36696496]We should have a sample pack album.[/QUOTE] and then a contest where you have to use only the samples for a song!
Went to a secret studio with some friends last night and played some neato music. Friend was bass, other was drums, another was guitar, I was synth, and Dan was boobies. It was the most amazing thing to grace my ears and I saved a bunch of synth patches I made up while we were playing, I wish I had brought my PCM recorder. Seriously, it was gnarly. I'll definitely record it next time we go, that was sick as leprosy. [QUOTE=Skeeter;36687347]It does not have to be really strict, just a vague theme and songs built around that theme unlike the concept album that was very anal about the concept and ~how it had to fit into what AK'z thought was the concept~[/QUOTE] I understand what you're saying but whether you like it or not, somebody has to be in charge for that kind of thing. If it doesn't fit the decided concept very well, the person or people running it have every right to deny a track or ask you to change it. Otherwise it loses its initial concept very quickly and becomes a loosely connected (or completely unconnected) compilation album. I've seen both outcomes many times with various things, it's kind of crucial that somebody runs the show in a critical manner.
got a bass guitar for my birthday 3 hours after owning it and the E string has come unwound and snapped it didn't come with spares
[QUOTE=Drsalvador;36808886]got a bass guitar for my birthday 3 hours after owning it and the E string has come unwound and snapped it didn't come with spares[/QUOTE] They're expensive, too. If it broke that quickly, you're better off replacing them all anyway. Bass strings don't break that often. You didn't tune it an octave too high, did you? :v:
You must of done something way wrong on your side to break a new bass string. Could have been the person who set it up as well.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOlh25CQzM&feature=player_detailpage[/media] How do you make the bassline in this?
[QUOTE=sixpence;36817664][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOlh25CQzM&feature=player_detailpage[/media] How do you make the bassline in this?[/QUOTE] ??? That's just a sinewave played at -2 octaves with some portamento.
sometimes the simplest things sound sweet as hell.
I'm gonna go ahead and recommend that you guys check out U-he's excellent Zebra 2 synth. I use it all the time. It's both incredibly powerful, and easy to use. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyoA7WvF7c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyoA7WvF7c[/URL]
[QUOTE=fenwick;36811622]They're expensive, too. If it broke that quickly, you're better off replacing them all anyway. Bass strings don't break that often. You didn't tune it an octave too high, did you? :v:[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Pepin;36817402]You must of done something way wrong on your side to break a new bass string. Could have been the person who set it up as well.[/QUOTE] to be perfectly honest i was tuning it way too fast, they were stock strings anyway so i'd have needed to replace them soon
[url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VA464S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_g267_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1NZS155MFR5FRY225P2T&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/url] Good mic for recording and general audio purposes (includes voice overs and acting, too)?
How does a "one man band" go about playing stuff live?
Talk to clubowners and people who hold venues that have the capacity for bands, act as if you're actually rather well known and that a lot of people will come. Oh and make sure a lot of people will come, because they'll invite you again then if you hold up to your promises :smile:
re-strung my bass, it's going for tuning today.
Is anyone up for collaborating on a drum and bass project? I'd personally be looking to do noisia/spr esque neurofunk but I'd give other stuff a go. I think it'd be great to learn from eachother.
Guys, quick question, is this MIDI keyboard any good? (I'm going to be using it with FL Studio) [url]http://www.akaipro.com/mpkmini[/url] Also, does it have high latency? Because it's pretty important I can hear the sounds right as I hit the key and not like 300 ms later.
[QUOTE=chaz13;37019226]Is anyone up for collaborating on a drum and bass project? I'd personally be looking to do noisia/spr esque neurofunk but I'd give other stuff a go. I think it'd be great to learn from eachother.[/QUOTE]I could be, what DAW do you use?
[QUOTE=CLungcancer;37050097]I could be, what DAW do you use?[/QUOTE] Fl 9 at the moment. I tend to use massive for most of my synths. Your stuff's awesome, btw <3
Sent you a pm
-snip-
Just read the entire Manual, Promotional material and SoundOnSound review for the Behringer x32. They REALLY have their heads screwed on this time. It is NO WHERE NEAR the usual Behringer unreliable poor build quality crap. It's half MIDAS! I'm pre ordering one and a flightcase to go with it. I'm sold, It's incredible :v: I'll probably sell my M-Audio Profire 2626 and Dual ADA8000s to regain some of the monetary outlay as it will make that slightly redundant.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.