• Musicians Off-topic Discussion Thread v2 - Now with 250% more dubstep
    1,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Skeeter;34666152]I think song Crematory could be fun making and also something my guitar and drumming is capable of :smile: I would like .gp file thanks.[/QUOTE] [url]http://filesmelt.com/dl/Crematory.gp5[/url] If there's any problems, just tell me.
[QUOTE=Hakita;34666207][url]http://filesmelt.com/dl/Crematory.gp5[/url] If there's any problems, just tell me.[/QUOTE] Ok I cant make this happen the rhythm on guitar is impossible to make at least for me and other instruments? I have no idea on how to make them happen or effects you use or anything, sorry!
[QUOTE=Skeeter;34668690]Ok I cant make this happen the rhythm on guitar is impossible to make at least for me and other instruments? I have no idea on how to make them happen or effects you use or anything, sorry![/QUOTE] Alright, no problem.
How do you change the swing for individual patterns in FL?
[QUOTE=Hakita;34665976]Bitch please I made 3€ once![/QUOTE] I did a little experiment with my music last year. I released one album with a minimum price of $0.00 and up (free or donations) and I released an album for $2.00. I made more off the first album despite both being about as popular. People seem to be more prepared to pay money for a product if it's offered as donation-ware. Same can be seen with the Humble Bundles (nevertheless, that's for a good cause, which makes the situation slightly different). Don't get the idea that I make music for money though. :V It's just nice to get some cash in return.
[QUOTE=Natrox;34672431]I did a little experiment with my music last year. I released one album with a minimum price of $0.00 and up (free or donations) and I released an album for $2.00.[/QUOTE] Cool! I wonder if they perceived the two dollar one to be a superior product though. :v:
[QUOTE=Natrox;34672431]I did a little experiment with my music last year. I released one album with a minimum price of $0.00 and up (free or donations) and I released an album for $2.00. I made more off the first album despite both being about as popular. People seem to be more prepared to pay money for a product if it's offered as donation-ware. Same can be seen with the Humble Bundles (nevertheless, that's for a good cause, which makes the situation slightly different). Don't get the idea that I make music for money though. :V It's just nice to get some cash in return.[/QUOTE] i did a 5000 word study on the internet and the music industry last year for college, and in the end there was an unbelievable amount of evidence to support that unknown artists who give their music away for free end up making more money than those who dont; however the opposite applies for major label artists who are already with a fanbase of tens of millions
So I am entering in a contest to remix this song: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J569U4yQGtA[/media] Here is my remix [url]http://soundcloud.com/holy-helix/angelspit-defebrillator-holy/s-ew4y7[/url] I would like some harsh criticisms before I submit it.
[video=youtube;wLZcURALSwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZcURALSwU[/video]
[QUOTE=sixpence;34671853]How do you change the swing for individual patterns in FL?[/QUOTE] Nvm I just resampled the drums. (At least I think I resampled.. No one's explained it to me. I'll look it up, I just exported it and then imported the drums audio file.)
Does anyone here use Cubase? I need help using figuring out how to use MIDI.
I have cubase, though i never use midi... shame on me, just DI.
I use Cubase daily, what are you trying to do?
I found out that trying to record my bass while using my Bass Big Muff Pi sounds awful. At least, when using my laptop microphone. Fuzz as fuck, though. [url]http://vocaroo.com/i/s0EY209w5pOb[/url]
[QUOTE=Tezzanator92;34730556]I use Cubase daily, what are you trying to do?[/QUOTE] Trying to figure out how to use MIDI
[QUOTE=MrJazzy;34727934]Does anyone here use Cubase? I need help using figuring out how to use MIDI.[/QUOTE] I just plug my midi stuff in before I start cubase and it works automatically.
Ive never used Cubase before or MIDI so I'm a plain beginner though.
I'm having an interesting record lag problem with Audacity; The lag in the track isn't consistent. Instead, it seems that the instrumental and the vocals I record seem to be going at a different tempo. That means, at first the vocals sound normal and on time, but as the track progresses, the timing becomes suckier and suckier. With a quick net search, I only found solutions to the consistent lag problems (drag the recorded track on place, well no shit... :P). Anyone have a solution?
This issue is likely with your audio interface or your ASIO settings. The issue could also be with your computer being slow.
ableton live has been crashing a lot for me lately :I
Hey guys, out of curiosity, what's your favorite time signature to write in?
13/4 and 17/4, besides the usual 4/4 and 3/4. I have also done couple shorter songs partially on 7/8.
Am I the only one who's too dumb music theory-wise to not have a fucking clue in what time signature I write in? :P I [i]think[/i] I only write in basic 4/4, although I might be wrong.
My favorite time signature to write in is 6/8, but I'm a fan of 5/4 as well.
Not really my favorites - it's more conditioning - but most of the time I write in 4/4 or 8/4.
I like 3/4, though I haven't written anything substantial in it.
12/8 motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anybody know how Dick Tracy's doing?
[QUOTE=Mr._N;34780251]Does anybody know how Dick Tracy's doing?[/QUOTE] Well there are 2 choices: 1. He got a life 2. He lost his life Either way sucks for us.
[QUOTE=Hakita;34769015]Hey guys, out of curiosity, what's your favorite time signature to write in?[/QUOTE] I always write (well more like think about then plot on fl studios handy piano roll) in 4/4 because they only divide in fl studio into 3rds/6ths and 4ths/2lfs and 4/4 is just easier because most systems in society will divide by 4 before 3.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.