• Camp Facepunch 2012 - Revenge of the Mayans!
    1,501 replies, posted
It was good fun in 2k11, guess im not old enough this year though :/
[QUOTE=cosmic duck;36563398]It was a Taybarns. Yeah, they used to live in Heaton and i'd visit quite often but they are moving to South Shields and will be moving in with them in september after work.[/QUOTE] Nice, I'm within walking distance of Heaton, never been to South Shields but it is just a short metro journey.
[highlight]10 DAYS TO GO![/highlight]
I'll could bring my slackline along to the camp if anyone is interested, they are a good laugh and pretty addicting. If anyone doesnt know what slacklining is (The guys in the video dont use trees as anchor points, but its just as good and I can bring something to protect the part of the tree that it goes around): [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gaBImwn8c[/media] Its actually much harder than it looks, and they can take up to something like 3-4 tonnes of weight so they are pretty safe to bounce/jump on.
that looks like great fun!! and also not too much extra weight to carry, so i think that'd be a great idea to bring along! :)
Is there an underwater version?
[QUOTE=Acezorz;34012220]I wouldn't say Konakona or St0rmforce came across as awkward in the slightest. I think just talking and making conversation gets rid of the awkwardness when you're surrounded by like-minded people. Kona I'm bringing my Game Of Thrones stein next year so we can drink mead and beer out of it and debate long into the night about what's going to happen![/QUOTE] O [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=assa46;36574493]O[/QUOTE] K [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] a [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] b [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] c [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] d [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] e [editline]1st July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=st0rmforce;36574436]Is there an underwater version?[/QUOTE] no [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Threadshitting" - Autumn))[/highlight]
Since i'm travelling next year with a bunch of money I have aquired, I might go next year.
I had to buy a new slackline which I ordered last night, I just found out the expected delivery time is 10-14 days. The site did say they had stock and they post next day, so hopefully they are just saying that to cover their asses if they have stock issues.
[QUOTE=Cushie;36579665]I had to buy a new slackline which I ordered last night, I just found out the expected delivery time is 10-14 days. The site did say they had stock and they post next day, so hopefully they are just saying that to cover their asses if they have stock issues.[/QUOTE] Slacklining is pretty cool! My housemates at uni have a couple of varying length lines and a trickline between them, i absolutely suck at it but its good fun regardless, better yet alcohol makes it more entertaining. This is a very good idea.
Dave... when can we just go on a big piss up pub crawl like last time? I'm not bothered about stopping in any woods and being raped I just want us all to go out leathered. That's the sole reason I still keep checking the forum. Make it happen you beardy fuck. XxXxX
Those of you bringing stoves etc: what's your plan if it's raining throughout camp? Do the trees provide enough cover to still cook stuff without all the food being ruined?
Yeah it's fine. No one's struggled with soggy food yet
I got an email saying my slackline will be dispatched tomorrow, but it uses City Link as a courier. I get really neurotic when I expect parcels to be delivered, I constantly check the door and look out the windows. It really doesnt help that people use couriers which such awful reviews/ratings (City Link has 1.2/5 from 1500 reviews!) They have so many bad reviews of parcels going missing, being horribly damaged, being left at random houses or just sitting at the front door, not being delivered (Even though people were sitting waiting for them and heard nothing and no cards left behind) etc.
[QUOTE=CoolCorky;36587975]Those of you bringing stoves etc: what's your plan if it's raining throughout camp? Do the trees provide enough cover to still cook stuff without all the food being ruined?[/QUOTE] My little stove worked fine in a whiteout on Helvellyn, I don't see any reason to doubt its ability to heat a can of beans in a bit of drizzle.
[QUOTE=CoolCorky;36587975]Those of you bringing stoves etc: what's your plan if it's raining throughout camp? Do the trees provide enough cover to still cook stuff without all the food being ruined?[/QUOTE] [img]http://airriflemainspring.co.uk/images/fishing_umbrella.jpg[/img]
Train people who will need Ferrying back to camp.... Who is arriving when? Also anyone that wants my number feel free to PM me for it.
Mine and Robyn's train gets in at 18:08
I arrive in Windermere at 9.33am, what time you planning on being there?
mattz if you're changing at oxenholme i think you'll be on the same train as us london lot :)
Driving up with st0rmforce, I'll just keep going "are we there yet"
Going to start putting stuff together this week - We all set for lifts + tents + stuff? Can snag anybody from preston/ widermere station on the way - will have 3 spare seats.
Anybody taken those spare places yet?
Im aiming to arrive at camp around 9 hopefully avoiding the hell that is rush hour manchester by being there before 6 am. Once ive dropped off my stuff and anthony and rob ill be all set to provide lifts.
[QUOTE=Autumn;36597015]mattz if you're changing at oxenholme i think you'll be on the same train as us london lot :)[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'm changing at oxenholme. I can't believe it's only a week until the camp!
Just to recap, There were 2 spaces that opened up, correct? MrFishcake and who else? MrFishcakes space as been filled, I understand that was it LewyJudge or Lordloss that wanted a space? Can ya'll pm me on here or Facebook if you get a chance. ASAP tia
Nah sorry, turns out I cant go, conflicting dates.
[QUOTE=Dav0r;36607025]Just to recap, There were 2 spaces that opened up, correct? MrFishcake and who else? MrFishcakes space as been filled, I understand that was it LewyJudge or Lordloss that wanted a space? Can ya'll pm me on here or Facebook if you get a chance. ASAP tia[/QUOTE] I'm still trying to find out if I can make it, hopefully I will know by tomorrow.
Pyro, FB chat.
fyi i'll be bringing my own tent so yeah
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.