• Photo Offtopic Thread v.2012.1
    4,005 replies, posted
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Myqwp.jpg[/IMG] Shot handheld, but at ISO HI1, hence the meganoise. Not creative photography so I'm putting this in the OT.
damn, I really do wish to see an aurora one day, I imagine they're quite the sight
[QUOTE=Roll_Program;35709215][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Myqwp.jpg[/IMG] Shot handheld, but at ISO HI1, hence the meganoise. Not creative photography so I'm putting this in the OT.[/QUOTE] I can't imagine what that must have been like, viewing it from a plane. Incredible Roll_
do you have a higher resolution of that one dude?
I think my error is taking photography as not much more than a hobby when I have the tools to start seriously learning it. Problem is, the only places that teach photography here are like, courses and colleges. The courses are expensive as fuck and I'm still not in college.
[QUOTE=latin_geek;35711799]I think my error is taking photography as not much more than a hobby when I have the tools to start seriously learning it. Problem is, the only places that teach photography here are like, courses and colleges. The courses are expensive as fuck and I'm still not in college.[/QUOTE] Learn by looking at and taking more good photos. Develop your own particular taste for photos, style, etc. Looking at bad photos is also good, as it helps you if you understand what is making the photo bad.
So I am contemplating taking out a loan for a refurbished MKII I want to start my own business of sorts as there are hardly any good photographers in my area. Having a full frame as well as my current pentax k-x should be a good start on it. Gonna try to do some business with a local photographer later on today and see how I can perhaps get my foot in the door.
been doing editing for a video, i just discovered pluraleyes and it's saved my fucking life honestly.
[QUOTE=latin_geek;35711799]I think my error is taking photography as not much more than a hobby when I have the tools to start seriously learning it. Problem is, the only places that teach photography here are like, courses and colleges. The courses are expensive as fuck and I'm still not in college.[/QUOTE] hey man my photography work is just hobby work, you don't have to "learn it" from other places so much as you have to learn it on your own. Learning techniques and theory is helpful, but you can only learn to appropriately frame certain things by actually trying it out, multiple times and in different ways etc. Just because the theory says this, doesn't mean it always looks good, etc. [editline]26th April 2012[/editline] it's sort of like learning an instrument, instructions can help but the only way you "learn" it is by actually doing it yourself you can't just watch instructions and do nothing, that doesn't achieve anything etc.
So I've only used a few rolls of B&W film and I wanna try out my ME Super with color. Any suggestions on which brand of color film to get? And I can still get negatives developed at wallgreens or the Camera Company right? Because I can only develop B&W in the dark room here at school.
I would say use Ektar if you like vivid colours (I love ektar) Fuji Superia X-tra 400 isn't too bad and the Kodak colorplus has good colours but is rather grainy also avoid fuji c200 the colours are very dull
titles are $1, should i buy a title
[QUOTE=Trogdon;35720605]titles are $1, should i buy a title[/QUOTE] I might buy one and put my name backwards.. idk think it might look cool
i don't know what i would make mine, probably something stupid that would look stupid maybe i'll make it HQRSE
HQRSE, oh wow. nostalgy flashes me
my avatar is a horse it's perfect
[QUOTE=Trogdon;35720605]titles are $1, should i buy a title[/QUOTE] I was kinda wondering this but I wouldn't know what to put in my new title [editline]26th April 2012[/editline] Motherfucker, why is namechange still $20, I wanna fix the caps and underscore on my name :c
[QUOTE=communistcat;35720419]I would say use Ektar if you like vivid colours (I love ektar) Fuji Superia X-tra 400 isn't too bad and the Kodak colorplus has good colours but is rather grainy also avoid fuji c200 the colours are very dull[/QUOTE] Uh, Ektar has the most neutral colors from what I have seen. Superia X-tra 400 is actually pretty good. Nice saturation, not super grainy and pretty cheap. Buy some Ektar 100 and some Superia 200 or 400. Those are some films I like
[QUOTE=DoubleDD;35726329]Uh, Ektar has the most neutral colors from what I have seen. Superia X-tra 400 is actually pretty good. Nice saturation, not super grainy and pretty cheap. Buy some Ektar 100 and some Superia 200 or 400. Those are some films I like[/QUOTE] Ektar is super saturated, super contrasty, and has a general orange-y tinge, or at least in the ~15 rolls of it I've shot. Portra on the other hand is super neutral, lowish contrast and huge tonal range.
guys, my mum just told me to take some nice photos of my cat because he has been booked in to be put down tomorrow morning. I feel like my camera is tainted now :( also, because the images are going to be blown up i set up a few brenizers but i dont have photoshop at all so would anyone mind doing the automerge for me if i emailed them the files?
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525504_3427696662448_1571263044_54756522_698492890_n.jpg[/img] My birthday cake, by my girlfriend. I love her so fucking much.
perfectly imperfect :)
Those little things that make me forget my problems and smile.
my girl is the same man, awwww aint we all mushy little girls :3
-
[QUOTE=Him1411;35726755]would anyone mind doing the automerge for me if i emailed them the files?[/QUOTE] I'll do it.
[QUOTE=bopie;35729641]I'll do it.[/QUOTE] PM your email and I'll send them over, thank you so much
while you all enjoy canon cakes, my girlfriend hasn't even hugged me in the last week. :(
While you all enjoy girlfriends I don't even have one :(. I was invited to the prom and stuff, but at lunch her mom called and they have to go to a Wedding in Virginia. On a good note, we may be going to Disney or something when she gets back, and I should have my camera by then!
Fuck yeah, I got the DIYPhotobits thing to work on my laptop. Now I can shoot timelapses :D [QUOTE=cueballv2themax;35736542]while you all enjoy canon cakes, my girlfriend hasn't even hugged me in the last week. :([/QUOTE] That can't be good, go hug her or something.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.