• Restoring a Classic - My 1969 Camaro
    73 replies, posted
[QUOTE=mfb412;28697364]i'd fucking love to have a car to restore like that. what engine?[/QUOTE] it's a 350ci. from the 70's i think it has some sort of aftermarket cam, you can tell from the ridiculously awesome idle, and it's got a 4 barrel holley carb with a high rise intake and that's pretty much all i know. after the project is done and i'm not on a time schedule, i'm going to take the engine apart and put it back together and everything so i know whats in it. as far as i know, the engine has less than 50 miles on it. guy was building an engine for drag racing in his garage in 1997, and never drove it, then foreclosed or something so my dad bought it and drove it home and it sat around at my house (so the only miles the engine has is from the dudes house to my house). dad never got any work done on it and then i started to dick around with it as i got more interested in cars as high school went on. i feel ashamed about how i thought this car was a piece of trash in middle school ): ): edit: so yeah the engine is pretty much perfect it's just dirty so i won't have to do any engine work for this restoration.
[QUOTE=Hell Strike;28698184]it's a 350ci. from the 70's i think so i won't have to do any engine work for this restoration.[/QUOTE] except for the boring, forged pistons/rods/crank, race bearings, port/polished head, turbo manifold, intercooler piping. . .
well i mean that was obvious so i didn't feel it needed to be put there
[QUOTE=Hell Strike;28698184] so yeah the engine is pretty much perfect it's just dirty so i won't have to do any engine work for this restoration.[/QUOTE] That's fucking awesome right there.
This is gonna be one fast steel slug man.
That's a bad ass car, man.
sorry for new updates i forgot about this thread painted the subframe thing polyurethane bushings on put the engine back on the subframe put disks on the front things [url=http://gyazo.com/958a81345dc7845f63f9e34290fbddb2.png]ordered wheels[/url] about to put the rear end back in the car and then subframe once i get around to cutting a hole for the shifter thingy thang thing prepped all the body panels for paint yeah im excited
Aren't those the same wheels on your Mustang, except in black? Good choice, nonetheless.
[QUOTE=debmaster;28957660]Aren't those the same wheels on your Mustang, except in black? Good choice, nonetheless.[/QUOTE] yeah haha [img]http://gyazo.com/1ce3c268c69c42a4c2b5ec1467839f90.png[/img]
right after we bought it [img]http://gyazo.com/b33a9ea265abeb57bfdabdb48fd01b10.png[/img] and the only problem at this point was a leaky gas tank and no inner fender wells ): i guess that's what 5 years of sitting around outside does.
god damn that looks pimp
i am pimp
Reviving 3 week old thread. What is going on with the Camaro lately? You finish it up yet?
haven't worked on it in like 2 weeks because i'm having issues with my english class and graduation sorry after this week i should be able to get some more work done
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.