• The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra
    3,903 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Tuskin;36575146]i know there is a word for A japanese Cartoon made in America. (AS in its made by Japanese Americans, but not made in Japan)[/QUOTE] I think it's "amerime".
tv show style shipping
[QUOTE=markfu;36575944]Now thinking about it a bit more, I wish they were given the go ahead for at least two seasons straight off the bat. I'm sure someone else has thought of it, but I think the arc could have gone: Season 1: Korra loses her bending except for air. Season 2: I think the main conflict for the second season would be the aftermath of the revolution. She continues training, but without the other elements (so it'd be sort of ironic when compared to the "maybe I don't even need to learn airbending" or season 1. In season 2 she'd develop as a character. She would have to learn caution, patience, and discipline to master airbending and deal with the problems of Republic City. Maybe without her main bending abilities she (as well as the benders who got their bending taken away) would also be able to sympathize with non-benders. The season would be episodic in nature, various episodes would delve into topics such as the rise of non-bender gangs, bullying between various bending and non-bending groups, helping people accept the loss of bending, in general, piecing Republic City back together. The driving theme for season 2 would be acceptance. Acceptance of the loss of people's bending abilities, as well as the acceptance of non-benders as equals. At the end, when Korra finally learns patience, acceptance, and balance, Aang comes back and restores her bending. (Also add in more character development for the rest of Team Avatar). Season 3: As a fully realized Avatar, Korra has to fight one more major opponent.[/QUOTE] You couldn't have series 2 be episodic, the 4 series before were (mostly) a continuous story. Having it suddenly be episodic would both be jarring to the audience and not fit the style of the series. It's wrong I tells ye.
Well I meant episodic more in terms that there would a different conflict or set of conflicts to resolve in Republic City every one to two episodes. The overall arc would still be about trying to find balance and acceptance of all people, but in less of an extreme way than Amon. Also another thing, why don't benders learn chi blocking? Yes they're benders, but I think knowing the ability to completely incapacitate someone and their abilities would be useful.
If the ability to bend has a spiritual connection, then if the Avatar world slowly becomes less spiritual, wouldn't bending be slowly phased out anyway as less are born with the ability?
the subject of advanced bending came up and though lung bending might me one, sound bending could be another one. I'm trying to find a short clip of aang using his airbending to blow a horn as an example, but no luck [img]http://images.cosplay.com/photos/30/3020402.jpg[/img] for a while I thought sound bending would be useless in combat, however I remembered that a sonic boom can be damaging (wasn't thinking about guile from street fighter.) [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC6I8iPiHT8[/media] I guess we'll just hope Korra learns how to fire-fly and combine that with airbending flight to take her beyond mach 1. heh, have korra learn metal bending so she can form metal wings to go with and bloodbending to take extra Gs without passing out.
If there were still airbenders left they could use sonic bursts as crowd control. Meelo get on it.
What about vacuumbending as an advanced airbending skill? Like literally removing all the air from areas.
It'll be interesting to see how airbending phases it self into society over the next several hundred years, it will take a long time for airbenders to regain significant numbers.
I'm about to finish Book 3 of the original, and in the boiling rock you can see azula doing Iroh Man. Still looks cooler on Iroh though.
[img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/183/3/d/korra_animation_by_dctb-d55oxf1.gif[/img] [editline]2nd July 2012[/editline] [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ib1n3FX11r8y3dvo1_500.jpg[/img] [editline]2nd July 2012[/editline] [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6iavhtSG91qm5nt2o1_500.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=markfu;36583426]If there were still airbenders left they could use sonic bursts as crowd control. Meelo get on it.[/QUOTE] they would make high pitch sirens to control the crowd. as for vacuum bending, fire needs air so an air bender if strong enough could make a barrier where no fire could enter.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbPzAJwy18&feature=related[/media] EDIT: That's actually Steve Blum btw
I'm planning on re-watching TLA again. It's been quite a while since I've watched the series. Any place where I can watch them online with good quality?
[QUOTE=DarkWolf2;36587314]I'm planning on re-watching TLA again. It's been quite a while since I've watched the series. Any place where I can watch them online with good quality?[/QUOTE] Why not buy the box set? It comes with some decent commentaries and such.
Just finished season one. Wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too much relationship bullshit oh my goooood it burns. On top of that the protagonists are weak as fuck, they lose pretty much every fight and it drives me nuts. Also I really dislike [sp]bloodbending, it's way too freakin' overpowered and basically invalidates everything else. I just know they're going to pull some stupid bullshit and be all like "hurr we made dis armor in da earth kingdom dat makes u immune to bloodbending gg" On top of that I really got tired of the metalbenders constantly getting electrocuted, I mean come on you'd think they'd figure it out by like the 3rd or 4th time and use earth bending, you know, that material that DOESNT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY[/sp] Overall however, pretty good, I will keep watching but I definitely prefer the last airbender to this so far. OH. LAST THING THAT IRKS ME (big spoiler) [sp]The fuck was with Korra instantly getting all her bending back at the end of episode 12, that was just utter bullshit. Aang spent his ENTIRE SERIES learning how to pick up each and every skill and I was really hoping that korra was going to have to relearn each skill again in a way reminiscent of that but nooooooo, she just gets it all for free. Aang had an awesome spirit connection and he SLAVED away to learn the bare minimum of what he needed to know and Korra gets it all for free, and then she WHINES about it, dear gooooood.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Empty_Shadow;36589357]Just finished season one. Wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too much relationship bullshit oh my goooood it burns. On top of that the protagonists are weak as fuck, they lose pretty much every fight and it drives me nuts. Also I really dislike [sp]bloodbending, it's way too freakin' overpowered and basically invalidates everything else. I just know they're going to pull some stupid bullshit and be all like "hurr we made dis armor in da earth kingdom dat makes u immune to bloodbending gg" On top of that I really got tired of the metalbenders constantly getting electrocuted, I mean come on you'd think they'd figure it out by like the 3rd or 4th time and use earth bending, you know, that material that DOESNT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY[/sp] Overall however, pretty good, I will keep watching but I definitely prefer the last airbender to this so far. OH. LAST THING THAT IRKS ME (big spoiler) [sp]The fuck was with Korra instantly getting all her bending back at the end of episode 12, that was just utter bullshit. Aang spent his ENTIRE SERIES learning how to pick up each and every skill and I was really hoping that korra was going to have to relearn each skill again in a way reminiscent of that but nooooooo, she just gets it all for free. Aang had an awesome spirit connection and he SLAVED away to learn the bare minimum of what he needed to know and Korra gets it all for free, and then she WHINES about it, dear gooooood.[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]American girls! Legend of Korra was only meant to be one season so they had the ending already written up and stuff, they didn't expect a second season.[/sp]
[sp] besides getting something back starting at square one during the next season of a show has been done so many times it's cliche now. instead she's off at a higher point and with a higher point comes a greater challenge. why do I have spoiler tags on, it's been out for weeks? [/sp]
I'm curious to see [sp]what Korra does to the people who abused their bending. Leader of the Triple Threats, Lightning Bolt Zolt for instance. I mean he obviously abused his bending abilities so will Korra just not give them back to him?[/sp] I'm looking forward to season 2. I hope we get to see more of the old cast in their later lives.
Shadman does it again :v: [img]http://www.shadbase.com/comic_folder/2012-07-01-women-in-uniform.jpg[/img]
korra's boobs are different in each frame
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36591441]korra's boobs are different in each frame[/QUOTE] Why were you staring at her boobs
[QUOTE=Ezhik;36591441]korra's boobs are different in each frame[/QUOTE] That's shadman for you.
[QUOTE=QuickSnapz;36591495]Why were you staring at her boobs[/QUOTE] i wasn't staring, i was analyzing [editline]2nd July 2012[/editline] besides, this is shadman, there's not much else to stare at except maybe for that pipe in the background
Am I the only one that actually can't stand Shadman's style? It looks horrible.
It's scary.
Such a shame there was no big cliff hanger at the end of Season 1. To bad they aimed for just 1 season, would love to see something like the Equalists taking over the world and that it ends up with only a few benders left till they found some way to return bending and at the final season everything is restored..
[QUOTE=Symwck;36586806][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbPzAJwy18&feature=related[/media] EDIT: That's actually Steve Blum btw[/QUOTE] here is the original vid if some one wants to see it [video=youtube;W9HC7jMlYb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9HC7jMlYb0[/video]
Also, was there any specific reason why the original plan was just 1 season? Was this Nickelodeons decision or DiMartino's? Its just weird since The Legend of Korra seems so big and major since its a whole new addition to the series and what we get is just 1 'short' story about just 1 location while TloA was all over the world in 3 seasons
[QUOTE=darth-veger;36592174]Also, was there any specific reason why the original plan was just 1 season? Was this Nickelodeons decision or DiMartino's? Its just weird since The Legend of Korra seems so big and major since its a whole new addition to the series and what we get is just 1 'short' story about just 1 location while TloA was all over the world in 3 seasons[/QUOTE] The creators wanted to make a more streamlined story without as many filler episodes. In addition, unlike the original series, they are writing every episode themselves.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.