• Weightlifting/Bodybuilding Thread V.3
    4,185 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Javascript;34434140]I don't know if I like creatine or not yet, I don't know very much about it. I've heard from some people that all it does is add water weight but other people tell me it actually helps with lactic acid buildup... i don't know.[/QUOTE] Creatine owns. Anybody who tells you all it does it add water weight is a fucking idiot and needs to read some research before they open their foul cum catchers. In short it's one of the few actually legit supplements on the market, literally the most researched sports supplement ever. It has direct effects on strength, muscle building and even mental performance. [editline]29th January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Thaard;34449590]In the gym I'm going to, only me and an angry serbian guy are the ones that deadlift. The others either just hang out at the bench press or do dumbbell curls.[/QUOTE] Bitch what are you complaining about The last commercial gym I went to there were fuckheads humping bosu balls.
[QUOTE=JaegerMonster;34449594] Bitch what are you complaining about The last commercial gym I went to there were fuckheads humping bosu balls.[/QUOTE] Haha, shit. Not really complaining, but more people should deadlift. At least I get the rack for myself.
[QUOTE=Seith;34447448]I offer, sorry, we offer help to those willing to change their lives. I won't give my help to those looking for "toning" and other quick fixes. I hate people who don't do things all the way through. Either lift the bar or fuck off.[/QUOTE] I'm unfamiliar with many fitness practices, norms and what is and isn't socially acceptable, however I'm trying to learn and put in the last effort so please bear with me.
Finally starting to regain the strength I lost during Christmas. Got 40kgs up from the floor to straight arms overhead five times without resting the bar on my chest in the middle.
[QUOTE=Maucer;34449006]Holy shit, thats ~200kg? How much do you weight[/QUOTE] 245lbs. I should be squatting more though. I've only been back to lifting since December.
I have a question regarding a certain muscle group. i have been working out to build muscle mass for a couple of years now and for the most part I've gotten decent results. I focus mainly on core and upper body, but I've noticed that my upper arms are lacking. between the shoulder and bicep on the inside region of the arm is what I'm concerned about. after some research i discovered that it may be a muscle called the coracobrachialis and maybe a little bit of the pectoralis major. I'm assuming that I'm going to have to start doing a variety of dumbbell fly workouts, but before jumping into a new work out pattern i was wondering if there was anybody with more experience than me knows what set of work outs would be good for building muscle mass in this area. thanks.
[QUOTE=mcilona;34451232]I have a question regarding a certain muscle group. i have been working out to build muscle mass for a couple of years now and for the most part I've gotten decent results. I focus mainly on core and upper body, but I've noticed that my upper arms are lacking. between the shoulder and bicep on the inside region of the arm is what I'm concerned about. after some research i discovered that it may be a muscle called the coracobrachialis and maybe a little bit of the pectoralis major. I'm assuming that I'm going to have to start doing a variety of dumbbell fly workouts, but before jumping into a new work out pattern i was wondering if there was anybody with more experience than me knows what set of work outs would be good for building muscle mass in this area. thanks.[/QUOTE] ... This is counterproductive for your goals. If you want growth in certain areas, you must achieve balance with the rest of your body. That's like expecting to make a bigger building with the same foundations. The building will fall, and so will you. Go back to the basics, and you shall be rewarded. More than you can imagine.
Noticing lately that the tendon(?) directly below my kneecap gets quite painful and sometimes very weak when straightening out against resistance, for example going up stairs or doing weighted squats. Is this a common problem?
[QUOTE=Torquil;34451870]Noticing lately that the tendon(?) directly below my kneecap gets quite painful and sometimes very weak when straightening out against resistance, for example going up stairs or doing weighted squats. Is this a common problem?[/QUOTE] Lately? Never happened before? How long have you been training before this started? Any particular additions to your routine that might have caused this to happen? Show me your routine.
[QUOTE=Seith;34451922]Lately? Never happened before? How long have you been training before this started? Any particular additions to your routine that might have caused this to happen? Show me your routine.[/QUOTE] I don't really have a routine, been playing football (soccer) for the past month or two once or twice a week and it's usually reasonably tender after that, same deal after a run on the treadmill (done maybe once a week). Only tried squats twice, couldn't do more than a couple reps because my knees started to hurt. It has been a minor issue for a few months now, can't really remember when/why it started.
Can you recommend me a 12-week bulk-program? I don't want SL 5x5, or at least with added exercises [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] Actually, I just want SL 5x5 with added exercises. NO body weight.
don't add any exercises just do SL 5x5 or SS and eat until you're about to vomit (if you vomit just eat it)
Well, can't I add SOMETHING? Like a bit of isolation?
no you will die
[QUOTE=RSN;34452525]Well, can't I add SOMETHING? Like a bit of isolation?[/QUOTE] I'm sure a good majority of this section will disagree with me. But in my experience (which I went from 6' 130lbs to 167lbs in the course of less than a year), I humbly suggest you ditch powerlifting routines such as SS and SL 5x5. They are both great programs if your goal is to lift as much weight as possible. However I really suggest a 5 day split or something of the like. I've never had to bulk/cut, I felt satisfied everyday I left the gym due to the volume of work I did, and I got great aesthetic results. People swear that you can get aesthetics from SS or SL, but I rarely see it. Normally I see kids just get fatter with huge lifting stats. Like I said before, people will disagree with me, but I'm talking from my own personal experience.
if you don't want to get fat just eat slightly less?
[QUOTE=Mr_Razzums;34452850]I'm sure a good majority of this section will disagree with me. But in my experience (which I went from 6' 130lbs to 167lbs in the course of less than a year), I humbly suggest you ditch powerlifting routines such as SS and SL 5x5. They are both great programs if your goal is to lift as much weight as possible. However I really suggest a 5 day split or something of the like. I've never had to bulk/cut, I felt satisfied everyday I left the gym due to the volume of work I did, and I got great aesthetic results. People swear that you can get aesthetics from SS or SL, but I rarely see it. Normally I see kids just get fatter with huge lifting stats. Like I said before, people will disagree with me, but I'm talking from my own personal experience.[/QUOTE] Does your asshole ever get jealous of the amount of shit that comes out of your mouth?
[QUOTE=JaegerMonster;34452951]Does your asshole ever get jealous of the amount of shit that comes out of your mouth?[/QUOTE] Are you saying that Starting Strength isn't a strength program? Or that 30 minutes in the gym doing 3 exercises will build anything but fat?
[QUOTE=Mr_Razzums;34453058]Are you saying that Starting Strength isn't a strength program? Or that 30 minutes in the gym doing 3 exercises will build anything but fat?[/QUOTE] just shut up you have no idea how anything works in your body go back to the gym and do your 5x20 routine. [QUOTE=RSN;34452127]Can you recommend me a 12-week bulk-program? I don't want SL 5x5, or at least with added exercises [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] Actually, I just want SL 5x5 with added exercises. NO body weight.[/QUOTE] just do starting strength practical programming . its p much perfect for a beginner quit being an idiot by thinking youre special
this is me when razzums posts lately: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7Ub0GJUPI#t=4m15s[/url]
[QUOTE=ImTerryCrews;34453257]just shut up you have no idea how anything works in your body go back to the gym and do your 5x20 routine. just do starting strength practical programming . its p much perfect for a beginner quit being an idiot by thinking youre special[/QUOTE] Not 5x20. 3 sets 6-10 rep range 5 exercises a day 4-5 days a week with compounds and isolations.
dumb as a fuck [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] prob have one of those "pro bb routines"" which even further consolidate how retarded you are
[QUOTE=ImTerryCrews;34454130]dumb as a fuck [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] prob have one of those "pro bb routines"" which even further consolidate how retarded you are[/QUOTE] Nope. I'm satisfied with my progress. Feel free to do whatever works best for you.
[QUOTE=Seith;34451839]... This is counterproductive for your goals. If you want growth in certain areas, you must achieve balance with the rest of your body. That's like expecting to make a bigger building with the same foundations. The building will fall, and so will you. Go back to the basics, and you shall be rewarded. More than you can imagine.[/QUOTE] well i have been doing the basic workout routines for a while now and feel that i have plateaued in that area.
To the fucker not wanting to do SS 5x5. Do babylovers ss. Its a updated and imo better version. [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136328451&page=1[/url]
[QUOTE=RSN;34452127]Can you recommend me a 12-week bulk-program? I don't want SL 5x5, or at least with added exercises [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] Actually, I just want SL 5x5 with added exercises. NO body weight.[/QUOTE] What's wrong with Strong Lifts?
Seriously guys, calm the fuck down.. I know you may thing that this attitude actually helps and stuff but in reality you just seem dumb. And i KNOW most of you know shitloads about this topic. So how about we quit the shit talking and actually listen to what people like Mr_Razzums have to say. Now, tomorrow I think I will be doing SL 5x5 with some added exercise. And no, I do not think that I am special. I have just plateued a LOT during the last couple of months I did SL 5x5. So now I will man up and eat stuff and hope it gets better.
no razzums is an idiot quit listening to him you plateau as a beginner because 99% of the time youre doing something wrong
[video=youtube;TIaHv4TKyz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIaHv4TKyz0[/video]
Actually, I think it may be lack of proper restitution. I will bulk for 3 months and see how it goes.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.