• Weightlifting/Bodybuilding Thread V.3
    4,185 replies, posted
I've always wondered this. If you eat at maintenance and continued to lift for some time. Would you stay around the same weight but your bf% drops even if it is slow?
[QUOTE=EggWhite;34458357]I've always wondered this. If you eat at maintenance and continued to lift for some time. Would you stay around the same weight but your bf% drops even if it is slow?[/QUOTE] I think that's what happens.
[QUOTE=EggWhite;34458357]I've always wondered this. If you eat at maintenance and continued to lift for some time. Would you stay around the same weight but your bf% drops even if it is slow?[/QUOTE] Good question, I don't think your BF% and weight would really change much, as you'd be at maintenance, and generally you need a surplus/deficit to make a true difference. But, I'm probably wrong, so I'd wait to see what someone else says :v:
I think I'm going to start doing cardio again.
[QUOTE=EggWhite;34458357]I've always wondered this. If you eat at maintenance and continued to lift for some time. Would you stay around the same weight but your bf% drops even if it is slow?[/QUOTE] youre creating a deficit with exercise [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Kel|oggs;34458626]I think I'm going to start doing cardio again.[/QUOTE] what are the specifics of the cardio youre wanting to do
Something here bugs me. I heard that SL 5x5 is good for bulking from one guy, and a second guy told me it was good for cutting.. Share me your knowledge, dear Facepunch.
quit being dumb , its a good beginner program for bulking and still decent for cutting . but i prefer starting strength practical programming. your desire for isolation exercises is retarded
Thinking about regular distance jogging, I would like to do my heart a favor and try and drop another 2% BF. Caliper test in 7 places tell me im 10.4% body fat.
[QUOTE=RSN;34458955]Something here bugs me. I heard that SL 5x5 is good for bulking from one guy, and a second guy told me it was good for cutting.. Share me your knowledge, dear Facepunch.[/QUOTE] It's good for either. I explained this in the sticky, albeit in tl;dr manner, it doesn't really matter what you are doing, it's the caloric deficit or excess that determines whether you lose weight or gain weight. Generally speaking however, strength programs are ideal for cutting, simply because most strength programs don't have a lot of volume, and therefore don't really place much stress on the body. Also it's quite easy to make strength gains while in a caloric deficit, but it's ridiculously hard to build muscle while in a deficit.
[QUOTE=Kel|oggs;34459171]Thinking about regular distance jogging, I would like to do my heart a favor and try and drop another 2% BF. Caliper test in 7 places tell me im 10.4% body fat.[/QUOTE] what is your goal
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but do any of you have any experience with running in the cold? Going for a jog in a few hours and it's -19°C.
it can be pretty cold at times
Wow that absolutely sucked, fuck the cold. At least it will only be -15 tomorrow morning.
If SS is not a bodybuilding program, and it is designed for STRENGTH (albeit your muscles will grow), can someone tell me what is an example of a bodybuilding program?
SS is a hybrid program. A true strength program contains much more focus on main lifts, using percentages and very lower rep ranges, bands, chains and a lot of shit most people don't want to familiar themselves with. A "bb" program, and I use brackets here to emphasize this a point of view thing, rather than a written fact. Not every rep range, exercise, volume or intensity will work the same for everybody. A bb program mostly consists of higher rep ranges, much more isolation work, lower rest times, more volume etc...
[QUOTE=ImTerryCrews;34459659]what is your goal[/QUOTE] 10.4% bf down to 8
Is there anything wrong with how I do my routine? For just about every exercise I start out with a really low weight, sometimes I'll just do the bar weight, and do about 5 - 10 reps, sometimes twenty I'm feeling perky, then I increment by about 20lb, do five more, increment 30lb, do five more, then increment by 20lb and do five more, and I basically do that until I hit really high weights, then I do about 3 reps, and then I go for my 1RM. I'm not sure if starting low and going up is helping me gain strength, or is lowering my 1RM. On my squats I have been going up about 20 or 30lb every time i get back to the gym, though I think I might be pushing myself. But that's the only place I'm seeing quick strength increases, my arms I'm only getting maybe 10 - 20lb increases on the bench press, and I'm not sure if this is a good pace, or too slow. I only recently started working out, so any advice is nice.
[QUOTE=NorthernGate;34465054]Is there anything wrong with how I do my routine? For just about every exercise I start out with a really low weight, sometimes I'll just do the bar weight, and do about 5 - 10 reps, sometimes twenty I'm feeling perky, then I increment by about 20lb, do five more, increment 30lb, do five more, then increment by 20lb and do five more, and I basically do that until I hit really high weights, then I do about 3 reps, and then I go for my 1RM. I'm not sure if starting low and going up is helping me gain strength, or is lowering my 1RM. On my squats I have been going up about 20 or 30lb every time i get back to the gym, though I think I might be pushing myself. But that's the only place I'm seeing quick strength increases, my arms I'm only getting maybe 10 - 20lb increases on the bench press, and I'm not sure if this is a good pace, or too slow. I only recently started working out, so any advice is nice.[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404[/url] this right here is all you need to know about warmups. now, about your rep regimen, i'd say look at all the other classic routines, understand what every set amount of reps means, rest time, intensity and volume means, and maybe then you could think about making your own routines... but, I'd say stick to Starting Strength if you're a beginner.
[QUOTE=Seith;34467476][url]http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3404[/url] this right here is all you need to know about warmups. now, about your rep regimen, i'd say look at all the other classic routines, understand what every set amount of reps means, rest time, intensity and volume means, and maybe then you could think about making your own routines... but, I'd say stick to Starting Strength if you're a beginner.[/QUOTE] Ah, thanks for the information. Seems like I should start up about the same, but do much higher increments. I do a bit more in my routine than the standard compounds, so I'm not sure about SS, though the concept seems alright. I'll probably try and warp my current routine to what I'm learning. Thanks again.
455x2 on squats come at me small sons
i squat the earth
for flexibility should i just do the shit the make us do in gym or do you guys have suggestions or not give a fuck or i could do yoga in school on tues and thurs
[QUOTE=Bleach Qeef;34468705]455x2 on squats come at me small sons[/QUOTE] 455x2% bf xD!
Once I'm recovered (flu atm and can't leave the damn toilet) I start with a Chaos and Pain style routine. My CoC #2 arrived, and I can nearly close it. Posting pics soon for before/after of body when starting with CaP. Can't lift for shit (huehue) so I practice technique with an old broomstick. Do you guys cut right now or bulk through summer? I'll do the latter to be big as fuck next year.
lol C&p style routine rofl rofl rofl ro f l r f o fl af fl
What's so funny ? I like lifting heavy stuff, so I look forward to it :)
lol its a dumb routine
Fuck you
lol
Only real downside are injuries, happens when you handle 85% of your 1RM all the time. Next one would be if you go full-retard mode and go with batshit insane high volume right off the bat -> guranteed overtraining I plan to have 2 heavy days and 1 light one + my martial arts stuff whenever I can. Plus I eat and sleep more.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.