• Pirate Of The Caribbean On Strange Tides - Trailer Coming May 2011
    26 replies, posted
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mPxsBHn7s[/media]
This looks like it could actually be a pretty good movie. That and Rob Marshall directed one of my favourite films of all time.
I saw the trailer for this during Tron: Legacy. Looks okay.
Ok dammit, how many of these are they going to make? I realize they're good movies, but every time one comes out I expect it to be the last one. Lo and behold, a little while later another one is on the way.
[QUOTE=hamberglar;26867378]Ok dammit, how many of these are they going to make? I realize they're good movies, but every time one comes out I expect it to be the last one. Lo and behold, a little while later another one is on the way.[/QUOTE] They have planned up to three more films.
Does Johnny Depp not get tired playing the same dude. I want new characters and a new storyline, this whole Jack Sparrow thing is getting old.
[QUOTE=The_J_Hat;26867002]I saw the trailer for this during Tron: Legacy. Looks okay.[/QUOTE] Same here. The minute I figured out it was PotC I was like "Another one?"
[QUOTE=Carne;26867615]They have planned up to three more films.[/QUOTE] Oh my god. Ok. Whatever. As long as they stay decent.
No Bloom or Knightley? Fuck Yeah. Don't get me wrong, they were essential so the movie didn't focus entirely on Depp, but I personally didn't like the characters of Swann and Turner overall. They had their moments, but the whole time I was just waiting for Barbossa and Sparrow to appear on screen, and what do you know Rush is also returning. Black Beard, fountain of youth, zombies, mermaids, etc. This is really looking like the best installment since the first Pirates, which I still love. The second and third movies aren't terrible, there's just something to the simplicity of the first movie I love, maybe because I actually understood what was going on unlike the sequels.
Finnaly no stupid relationship crap, just good old Jack, Barbossa, and some fun...........[img]http://static.facepunch.com/fp/ratings/rainbow.png[/img]
[QUOTE=Pvt. Martin;26871329]Finnaly no stupid relationship crap, just good old Jack, Barbossa, and some fun...........[img_thumb]http://static.facepunch.com/fp/ratings/rainbow.png[/img_thumb][/QUOTE] Definatly agree with you there
The only reason I want this movie to come out is so that I can hear Pogo's track Swashbuckle. Aside from that, I couldn't care less about this film.
Actually looks pretty good. But 3 more movies? Is this going to be one of those series that just keeps on going till no one wants to watch anymore?
snip
Pirates of the Caribbean has always been pretty good. I'll gladly take more films unless they go shitty.
[QUOTE=M23;27012245]Pirates of the Caribbean has always been pretty good. I'll gladly take more films unless they go shitty.[/QUOTE] Deffinatly
[QUOTE=CunningHam;27020992]I dunno, this can't be much better than decent: Pirates is hemorrhaging all its tricks and charms and its well aware of that given all its self reference and self parody. Plus it's hard for them to trump the crazy shit that happened in the third movie, it's just sorta of getting old by now. More of Jack being a drunken wise cracking magnificent bastard while he has a lancer who pokes holes in his hilarity and advances the plot while drunken incompetency gets them into deeper shit. That said it looks like an awesome fun movie, just the series has ran its course and this is too much. Still gonna see it.[/QUOTE] Have to see all the movies
The CGI looks like it's gotten kind of worse.
not again
Can't wait, glad they got rid of the distraction characters (Liz and Will.)
I'll miss Will, honestly. I think it'd have been cool to have him in the movie but Jack is still my favorite character so whatever.
barbossa is on the british side :(
[QUOTE=mark6789;27043721]barbossa is on the british side :([/QUOTE] He couldn't resist the tea and crumpets.
[QUOTE=Heroms;26868421]Does Johnny Depp not get tired playing the same dude. I want new characters and a new storyline, this whole Jack Sparrow thing is getting old.[/QUOTE] The Jack character is literally the only thing keeping it alive. [editline]29th December 2010[/editline] It said 3D at the end, so the question is; filmed in or post processed?
Weren't the first three films directed by Gore Verbinski? This one is directed by Rob Marshall. Not too sure about that, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Ah, good times! Shot in: [url]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66113[/url]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.