• Stowaway.
    39 replies, posted
[Img]http://i.imgur.com/dkX49.png[/IMG] New Vattenburg. The world's second largest Sky City, suspended over the pacific ocean with the cutting edge of technology. You have traveled a long way from your home, and hope to find your fortune as a peppy young journalist. [Img]http://i.imgur.com/EuXhk.png[/Img] Anyway, you're hungry. The buffet is not an option; if they caught a scruffy-looking clown like you running around on the upper levels, you'd be sent to the brig. What do you do?
This looks awesome. >Search through the crates for food.
Try to open some boxes.
[IMg]http://i.imgur.com/3PCYo.png[/IMg] HRRNG [Img]http://i.imgur.com/qw0PE.png[/Img] Nope. Nothing your grubby little fingers can do will open these crates. They were designed for crowbars. [sp]Your hands are not crowbars[/sp]
No. Our hands ARE Crowbars. Unleash Crowbar hands!
[QUOTE=KingdomBanned;36596528]No. Our hands ARE Crowbars. Unleash Crowbar hands![/QUOTE] no Retroactive edit so as not to bump: Please post suggestions! I want to keep this alive.
yes
Okay fine, what's that black thing at the corner of the wall.
> See if you can open the door.
[QUOTE=KingdomBanned;36598115]Okay fine, what's that black thing at the corner of the wall.[/QUOTE] It [I]was[/I] a bag of food, but that's all gone. [QUOTE=Dr. Gestapo;36598585]> See if you can open the door.[/QUOTE] Of course you can open it. How else would you have gotten in? [Img]http://i.imgur.com/pmKsx.png[/Img] Ahah! The ship's waiter; that's one less person in the kitchen. Maybe you could sneak in and grab something?
Sneak in and grab something. If someone sees you engage in fist-a-cuffs.
Wait for the waiter to leave, then search that box for a crowbar.
Stare through one of the windows of the kitchen doors and drool profusely.
Unscrew those lights after he goes upstairs. Then you can peek through the window without any staff in the kitchen noticing because it'll be dark.
Flawless victory! [Img]http://i.imgur.com/55CC9.png[/Img] You rummage around in the crate for a crowbar, and find one! You put it back in; no need to carry it around until you go back to those crates. After removing both lights, you tiptoe over to the kitchen window and peer inside. [editline]3rd July 2012[/editline] [Img]http://i.imgur.com/B8VuV.png[/Img] You see in the kitchen very little food to speak of- only one chef too, probably because dinner is mostly served. It leads off to another, darker room. Is that the pantry? There's probably some dry, prepared food in there, but it would be tough to get to. Sneaking might not get you far here.
Alright, head back and try your luck with the crates.
You grab the crowbar and head back to your room. [Img]http://i.imgur.com/DSXJZ.png[/Img] Nope! just a bunch of useless gears, bolts, and other mechanical miscellaneous.
Grab the miscellanea and search for a foundry. Try heading to the bottom of the city.
You're in an airship.
What's downstairs?
[QUOTE=InUndenial;36608035]You're in an airship.[/QUOTE] Oh shit, is that like those little dots floating around the city? [editline]3rd July 2012[/editline] You're a journalist, right? Tell the last cook that if he looks the other way, they'll be named best place to eat in or around NV.
Kill the chef with your crowbar. Then steal all the food. No one will know.
[QUOTE=Zero Vector;36608137]What's downstairs?[/QUOTE] The boiler room, and crew quarters.
Sneak in the kitchen and put the chef in a choke hold until he is knocked out, and then hide his body in a crate and put some more crates on top, then quickly right a note that says "be back in a while" then raid pantry
The black bag of food legit just disappeared? He can't take one good look around the room for it before he goes and does something else?
That was not intented. :s Also, it was full of food but you ate it all on the trip.
Scatter the bolts at the bottom of the stairs. Waiter will slip, chef might investigate and you sneak into that dark pantry thing while they pick up bolts. EDIT: If chef stays inside, approach waiter and offer help. If he asks, you heard a ruckus and was just investigating. Help him clean the bolts up maybe?
[QUOTE=ScottyWired;36621405]Scatter the bolts at the bottom of the stairs. Waiter will slip, chef might investigate and you sneak into that dark pantry thing while they pick up bolts. EDIT: If chef stays inside, approach waiter and offer help. If he asks, you heard a ruckus and was just investigating. Help him clean the bolts up maybe?[/QUOTE] I would have done this, but I've almost finished Gordon's suggestion. Keep thinking up these kinds of ideas! [editline]4th July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=G0rd0nFr33m@an;36620726]Sneak in the kitchen and put the chef in a choke hold until he is knocked out, and then hide his body in a crate and put some more crates on top, then raid pantry[/QUOTE] [sp]You have no paper and pen to write something[/sp] Choke hold? You don't need a choke hold. [Img]http://i.imgur.com/8YRBc.png[/Img] This is probably the worst thing you've ever done, as a person. He'll be fine. [Img]http://i.imgur.com/gx1GW.png[/Img] [editline]4th July 2012[/editline] Stay tuned for part deux of this update!
Well go get the fucking food.
Oh god! I just realised! [B]How will you get out[/B] once the ship arrives? (The window shows we are getting closer to the city). There would be checkpoints or security inspections on the way out. Just before the skyship arrives, light something up with the stove and set off a smoke alarm or such. You can get off the ship in the chaos because security will be busy evacuating people instead of checking tickets. EDIT: [QUOTE=MeltingData;36636053]Look out the window. See if you're getting very close to the city.[/QUOTE] Compare the original image to the later ones, we already know the city is close.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.