• The Super Friendly Social and Love Advice Thread v3 - February
    10,002 replies, posted
I guess this is love advice.. I've hated my mom for years now and I thought I would get over it, but it's just getting worse and worse. Every time I talk to someone about my mom they think I'm a cunt by the end of the conversation. Anyway, the only reason I still live with my mom is because she pays for my education and shit. I am thinking about getting a huge student loan so I can move out already. My sister already moved half way across the country to get away from her, and even my sister is telling me to force myself to love her or at least pretend and I can't even do that. How do I force myself to love someone that I really dislike? Any advice on this? :suicide:
[QUOTE=lil_n00blett;35626377]Lol i cant even tell anymore dude, i cant even tell.[/QUOTE] You don't believe in what was said? [editline]19th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=thisBrad;35631380]I guess this is love advice.. I've hated my mom for years now and I thought I would get over it, but it's just getting worse and worse. Every time I talk to someone about my mom they think I'm a cunt by the end of the conversation. Anyway, the only reason I still live with my mom is because she pays for my education and shit. I am thinking about getting a huge student loan so I can move out already. My sister already moved half way across the country to get away from her, and even my sister is telling me to force myself to love her or at least pretend and I can't even do that. How do I force myself to love someone that I really dislike? Any advice on this? :suicide:[/QUOTE] No need to force yourself, but you can learn to control your emotions. It's easy to give up to them and just spill your guts out on innocent bystanders, the power is to restrain yourself using your brain.
I guess the biggest issue is that I talk way too fucking fast and mumble a ton, so people barely understand me. I think that that's where the nervousness kicks in.
You probably don't speak to people enough Read aloud to yourself in private if you have to, should build your speaking confidence
Today the guy who was the whole middle-man in my situation came over to me for a cup of coffee. And he broke out some news. Him and the girl have been together for a week. When he was the middle-man they spoke so much that she fell for him. And then one day when he was at her place for a cup of coffee it just happened. Alltough he is still slightly confused about it. As for my part, I've allready got past her, so I just told him as it is: I love them both and I am happy for them and I am releaved for I don't need to think about it anymore. [editline]19th April 2012[/editline] On another note. This one girl in my school whom I've for two years have had that look on as she seems like a nice person (with nice looks too). Well yesterday when I was on my way to have a meeting with my teacher (who had forgot about it) I saw an old friend of mine outside with her having a smoke, so I joined in. Then we three had a good smoking convo. So next time I see her when visiting the school I'm going to try to go out on a smoke with her and thanks to the marvelous social site facebook, I know what subject I could start a convo with (that being The Walking Dead).
[QUOTE=Bladebane;35631275]How do you console a friend who just had a close friend commit suicide?[/QUOTE] I'm sorry for your friend. Everyone copes with something like that differently. Some people just want to be alone for a while and others need company. If they're coming to you for consolement it could be a good idea to just do something, anything at all. Like going for a walk or just outside generally. You could even try having some fun, like going to a bar if that's something they might enjoy. Personally I found it helped quite a lot when I was in that situation. And it all depends on how much time has passed too of course. They might feel a little guilty about not mourning but you're honestly allowed to have breaks too. They also might just wanna talk about their feelings. You could try to talk about how you or they remember them, or really just anything at all. And of course, these things take time. It's hard to just move on from something like that. If they have the chance to go to the funeral they really should as you kind of have a chance to say your goodbyes and start putting it behind you.
Thanks man. Okay. If we were old enough I'd contemplate a bar run, but hangin out should seem the action.
Here's some female dating advice that my friend gave me: Have confidence. She said, "I was having lunch with X and he said he was 'forever alone.' I'm not interested in a guy who says he's 'forever alone.' I had to change the subject quickly because it was such a strange thing to say." I told her it was a meme, she said it wasn't funny just pathetic.
[QUOTE=Mr. Smartass;35634672]I guess the biggest issue is that I talk way too fucking fast and mumble a ton, so people barely understand me. I think that that's where the nervousness kicks in.[/QUOTE] Slow Talk. You should definitely give this a shot. You basically force yourself to speak more slowly, more slowly than you would ever really talk in a normal conversation (starting out by practicing in your room alone and then moving on towards talking with people close to you). It takes 2-3 weeks to cement the idea in your mind and it takes 6-8 weeks to be able to use it spontaneously. It really helps take the edge off of approaching social situations because when you talk slower you cannot help but be more calm. Not to say you should use slow talk all the time because that would be weird, but it helps you find a healthy medium in conversation that allows you to annunciate as well as talk like a normal human being. Some of the kids in classes I was teaching last year in my first year of being a substitute told me to slow the fuck down when I was presenting, so I took there advice and did this exact thing. I never really felt anxious giving presentations, but I just naturally talked faster because I wanted to get the point across quicker, which in a way fucked over how easy it was to understand what I was saying.
Managed to have an hour long convo on facebook with the said girl from my last post. It ain't nothing to get excited or to bring many hopes over. But it's a good wind for start.
sunday roast stop posting until you stop thinking please stop thinking
Nigga needs to chill
That might have been a bit too harsh of a response. As I said before: I was only going to post about that one thing if something drastic happened. And guess what? Something drastic happened. And at the same time I just decided to tell about how I met a girl I allready get quite well along with. This time I've also got a significally cooler head and experience from the previous thing.
Talking to a girl on facebook is not drastic
you honestly just sound incredibly pathetic, and i'd feel bad if you actually listened to our advice or tried to change, but you just ignore us [editline]19th April 2012[/editline] anyway this is perfectly written: [quote]We'll start with the dreaded "friend zone." Dreamt up by (mostly male) socially awkward Redditors with nothing but the cold glow of their computer monitor to keep them company, the friend zone is a hotly debated area of romance. Is it just a place you perceive yourself to be in because you're too afraid to take the relationship where you want it to go? Is it just you avoiding the fact that all you want to do is bang the other person, and he or she is making that difficult? Whatever your opinion is on this zone, it's where most romances tend to start and some even end (sorry, Hollywood).[/quote]
[QUOTE=Lukeo;35639134]Talking to a girl on facebook is not drastic[/QUOTE] Talking to a girl on facebook was not the fucking drastic part. The drastic part was finding out that the girl I had a crush on then fell for the guy who was my wing-man.
your wing-man totally screwed you over lmao having a wing-man in your overly serious situation was dumb anyways. wing-men work for picking up girls in bars and clubs, not for forming relationships. never do the middle-man thing ever again - it makes you look like you can't handle situations yourself and just suck it up and keep things simple
how about you stop calling every detail of this other girl's sex life (who is not interested in you) drastic and get on with your own self instead of revolving your life around her business
The thing that happened was that he was kinda the one that me and the girl were spilling our toughts to. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] And the aftermath of that was a bromance and a romance.
okay
It was also kinda funny that when he came over to tell me about the situation he was nervous over how I would react (he feared a rather angry reaction). But what I gave him was sympathy and endorsement instead.
I cant comprehend how bad some people get/are in this thread. edit- Struggle to comprehend. [highlight](User was permabanned for this post ("Posting in love advice again. Had more than enough chances." - JohnnyMo1))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=ZeroMinus;35622555]Is this doomed? When we first met it seemed like a one night stand but we both liked each other and took it further and we've both found a lot in common and like each other a lot, is there anything wrong with having sex this early? does it impact the chances of a future relationship?[/QUOTE] Just about the same thing happened with me, now we're one year into the relationship and still madly in love. :3
I find it funny how this girl in my group doesnt know how badly I want to plow dat ass hot damn
So I met this girl at a club a few days ago, a friend of my friend. After a while I notice that she smiles while looking at me, more than once or twice, like alot. After a while she and my friend speaks, and then my friend tells me that she likes me, and thinks I am, and I am quoting my friend, "tall and sexy". My friend was drunk, but not too drunk i.e. throwing up or feeling bad. I guess he could have misheard hear but she asks me later if I would like to dance, which we did. After a while we start talking, and it turns out we have a lot in common, and we ended up taking the bus home. Her mom picked her up at the station, and I walked home since we doesn't live too far away from each other. Today we added each other on facebook, and according to fb she has a boyfriend, and a recent status update says they recently had their anniversary. As I see there are a few possibilities, either my friend misheard her, she wants to cheat on her boyfriend (although I don't believe that, she doesn't seem like that kind of person), or I don't know, I am confused. Any help or opinions at all are very appreciated.
I I have a question for you guys, Should I, go to a party on saturday night, Or be at home while I have a sleep over with my best-(girl)friend? (She might be allowed to sleep over at me, butif not, then I'll go to the party(she might also attend at the party))
have sex with her
[QUOTE=Glitch360;35640192]have sex with her[/QUOTE] Oh I left out that part, She's on her period
[QUOTE=Jmir 54;35639719]I find it funny how this girl in my group doesnt know how badly [b]I want to plow dat ass[/b] hot damn[/QUOTE] Maybe you should attempt to do that.
[QUOTE=BiigTony;35640218]Oh I left out that part, She's on her period[/QUOTE]have sex with her and earn your red wings
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.