• The Super Friendly Social and Love Advice Thread v3 - February
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=lil_n00blett;35678415]oh, i didnt realize from the three other people who warned of similar outcomes[/QUOTE] You don't have to be a cunt about it.
[QUOTE=KnowProblem;35674302][video=youtube;_YtwPPsBKGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtwPPsBKGQ&feature=player_embedded[/video] Saw this in LMAO, and though it talks about waifus and shit, it makes some pretty good points in general.[/QUOTE] He makes some excellent points, yeah.
Today my best friend told me why he has been a bit cold with me recently. During the time he was in his craze for buying a motorcycle; me and his girlfriend spent more time together with incidents like: him and her originally planning on going to buy clothes for her, but a guy selling his bike appointing the time for a sales meeting, incidentally I happened to have a gift-card to one of the stores, so I suggested that I and her go buy clothes while him and my dad go check out the bikes. I did it just for the optimization of each ones time. Well a few other similiar occasions happened. And nothing special happened between us, only thing that happened was that we became closer friends. In that triad of friendship, me giving friendly hugs to them both for hello's and goodbye's has allways been normal, but after me and her befriended more I guess we have been more frequent with the friendly hugs. But it left my best friend thinking that I was trying to hit on her, even tough I feel nothing of that sort towards her. And that's why he has been slightly pissed off at me. Even tough I was in the middle of another love pursuit while it all was happening. Can't say that was the only case like this. Like how my former love pursuit asked me one day if there is something between me and her boyfriend since we have coffee together so frequently. Hell, he even told me that she had adressed this with him.
[QUOTE=Seith;35673112]How do you intend on breaking it?[/QUOTE] With a hammer
[QUOTE=I ARE REPTAR;35685020]With a hammer[/QUOTE] Humor is always good when you are feeling uncomfortable talking about subjects that suggest weakness. Nice
[QUOTE=Seith;35685039]Humor is always good when you are feeling uncomfortable talking about subjects that suggest weakness. Nice[/QUOTE] It is even funnier when you try to do these psychological analysis and they come off making you look like you have mild retardation.
[QUOTE=Kirbyfactor;35674514]Hey guys, this may and probably will sound like a very dumb qeustion, but Id like some advice with it anyways. Let's see there's this girl you've know for 9 years or so, and you're chatting with her on facebook, and then all of the sudden she asks: "Are you horney?" How should you respond to that? Keep in mind, she's old enough to have sex, while I'm still underaged, and in my opinion I really shouldn't talk about having sex my age. (I'm 14 years old by the way)[/QUOTE] She's shitting with you. You are probably a kid in her eyes and she wants to see your reaction.
I came here a month or so ago asking how to get used to coping with type 1 diabetes-- just thought I'd report back and say everything's going great, I've managed to adapt fine to eating differently and checking my blood sugar when required, and I've also got something which makes it a hell of a lot easier. (Here's a lovely info image in case anyone doesn't know what it is) [img]http://usermeds.com/static/9adea4379ef005b86a2bb4f0a3268488.gif[/img] I've been very delicate with the cannula so far, and the nurse I've spoken to thinks I should switch back to injecting for some hiking I'm doing with school at the end of June; it requires me to have a rucksack on with straps exactly where the cannula itself will be. If anyone's had any experience with one of these, I'm just wondering whether it'll be easier to switch back to injections for the 4 days I'm away from home, or work something out with the pump itself?
[QUOTE=1chains1;35685851]It is even funnier when you try to do these psychological analysis and they come off making you look like you have mild retardation.[/QUOTE] Don't judge a book by it's cover [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Jacko245;35686339]I came here a month or so ago asking how to get used to coping with type 1 diabetes-- just thought I'd report back and say everything's going great, I've managed to adapt fine to eating differently and checking my blood sugar when required, and I've also got something which makes it a hell of a lot easier. (Here's a lovely info image in case anyone doesn't know what it is) [img]http://usermeds.com/static/9adea4379ef005b86a2bb4f0a3268488.gif[/img] I've been very delicate with the cannula so far, and the nurse I've spoken to thinks I should switch back to injecting for some hiking I'm doing with school at the end of June; it requires me to have a rucksack on with straps exactly where the cannula itself will be. If anyone's had any experience with one of these, I'm just wondering whether it'll be easier to switch back to injections for the 4 days I'm away from home, or work something out with the pump itself?[/QUOTE] You overprotect the cannula. It can take a shitload of punishment; it gets caught almost 50 times a day by the drawers handles, I step on it, my dogs nibbles it sometimes... Now, regarding your situation, I'd say put your trust in the pump. It will handle the straps, it can pump insulin in almost absurd situations... just in case, grab an injection with ya.
Oh what the christ thats the second time i cuddled and kissed someone who has a boyfriend. Wasnt my fault, i didnt know, and she did just as much moves as i did mine. Well i messaged her and its allright now, we did it as a 'friend'.
You dog.
I don't know how to establish a new, substantial social circle in a new city. Some history: I've never had much trouble making friends. In high school, I befriended a fairly popular senior as a freshman and through him became acquainted and friendly with many people in each year. This really helped me understand how to put myself out there and socialize successfully with many different types of people. Similar situation in college: became good friends with older peeps with established friend groups and learned from them. Throughout high school and college, I had a small group of incredibly close friends and a large group of friends I could call or hang with at any time. Essentially, I was never lonely. This past August, I decided to move to a new city where I was only sort-of acquainted to two people. I've tried to develop relationships with them, but it's fairly obvious that we're just not in touch on enough things to ever become that close or comfortable with each other. I was lucky enough to meet an amazing girl who I've started dating and actually spend most of my time with. Now, I love her very much and enjoy each moment we're together. As rewarding as it is, though, I still long for platonic friendship. I just don't know how to pursue it without coming off as a super creep. I'm really good at going out to bars or parties and striking up cool conversations with people. The people I meet and I have a great time, but it's just for that night. Occasionally I see them out again and we'll catch a drink or two, but it's nothing that lasts or I could ever actually call "a friendship." Pretty much, I don't know how to develop many relationships without the backdrop and common ground of academia.
Your avatar is mortifying. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] And have you considered using social networking sites? You never know who you've already met who lives in your new town. Springboard off of any and all people you know.
Well, I got lunch in the city with one of the girls I've mentioned here previously (this was almost a week ago now). The weather was great, lunch was good, conversation was light-heated, and the art gallery was a lot of fun. We didn't have enough time to finish going through the gallery so we talked about coming back on a day when we had more time, and also joked about seeing Titanic 3D together. Basically, I felt the day went pretty well and that a follow-up was likely. We chatted that night on Facebook for a while as well so I definitely felt as if this could be going somewhere. Anyway, I texted her tonight, "Yo Cara! Dinner and a movie next Saturday?" Didn't think much about it tbh, was feeling pretty confident that a second date would be in the bag. She replies saying she's busy with uni work, which is totally understandable, but with no counter-offer or anything at all beyond "sorry!" I replied saying that's no problem, maybe another time, and she didn't say much else at all after that. So, I'm not really sure. I'm not that fussed about this but I was genuinely looking forward to spending more time with her. Was the 'dinner and movie' date too much too soon for a second date? For now I'm just going to leave it and get on with my own shit and contact her again in a couple of weeks and see what's up. What do you guys think?
[QUOTE=Dark_Light;35699563]Well, I got lunch in the city with one of the girls I've mentioned here previously (this was almost a week ago now). The weather was great, lunch was good, conversation was light-heated, and the art gallery was a lot of fun. We didn't have enough time to finish going through the gallery so we talked about coming back on a day when we had more time, and also joked about seeing Titanic 3D together. Basically, I felt the day went pretty well and that a follow-up was likely. We chatted that night on Facebook for a while as well so I definitely felt as if this could be going somewhere. Anyway, I texted her tonight, "Yo Cara! Dinner and a movie next Saturday?" Didn't think much about it tbh, was feeling pretty confident that a second date would be in the bag. She replies saying she's busy with uni work, which is totally understandable, but with no counter-offer or anything at all beyond "sorry!" I replied saying that's no problem, maybe another time, and she didn't say much else at all after that. So, I'm not really sure. I'm not that fussed about this but I was genuinely looking forward to spending more time with her. Was the 'dinner and movie' date too much too soon for a second date? For now I'm just going to leave it and get on with my own shit and contact her again in a couple of weeks and see what's up. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE] I had a similar issue with my current gf, it turned out she was just busy and I was overtinking things. I don't think that dinner and a movie is too much at all. Try to remain pleasant and simply offer again at a later date when you feel it'd be safe. It's also a lot more persuasive to ask in person than over texting, don't know how big of a deal that is to you, but if you see her from day to day you should try again for a different date.
Hey guys. Friend of mine has been having trouble with girls because hes sort of... I don't know, being an idiot? Don't really want to call him that but he sure isn't using his head... Last 2 girls he was after were those kinds of girls that throw the hook and leave you hanging, keeping you in a state of cryogenic sleep, and then pulling you out when they want anything, except that "anything" is never anything more like a relationship. First one was a real bitch. He would put his stuff on the table, she would go "But I don't like you that way :(, we can still be friends" and then go all sweet and puss puss and bla bla with him again, which would reel him back. He finally broke free and stopped giving a shit about her. Second girl was the same thing, except it took him less time to get out of that plane and she didn't pull off the shit the first one did, and wasn't really that interested in him apparently. Now on to the real thing. At the time he was trying those 2, there was this girl who apparently liked him. She would do some flirty stuff to him, but he never cared because she was too tall or whatever. To this day, I don't know how into him she really is, but from what he says, shes pretty "good to go". This went on, and now, he has these 2 friends that are... well, special, to say the most. They are lesbians (at least) and both in a relationship with each other. Thing is, apparently 1 of them is a bit flirty and might break it off for a fling here and there for fun. And guess who she flirts with... My friend! Again, I have no idea how true it is although I don't see a reason to lie, else he wouldn't talk about his constant failures. She apparently flirts with him alot, but nothing other than shoulder rubs and kisses on the cheek. Never a kiss on the lips, never anything more than that. We have no idea if its going to lead to anything, but IMO, its kind of fucked up since he has the other tall girl who likes him, yet, he never does anything to her, even though he could get it on with just about any other girl. On top of that, theres a friend of him who gives him some "intel" about girls around him. She had intel on the 2nd "hook girl" and she has on another one, who apparently also likes my buddy. He was surprised because he never expected her to do anything, yet she apparently likes him. What the hell should he do? This is a bit of a roughed up story, but he's just so "lost" with these girls, he has no idea of what to do and keeps trying to shoot in the dark. Should he still flirt with the lesbian, or go for one of the girls who actually like him? Also, I'm posting this here so he can see it and maybe wake the fuck up, because it pisses me off how he has 2 girls who fancy him and he decides to get it on with a girl whos in a relationship, doesnt gives any safe bets and is also a lesbian. What to do? Be agressive please.
he obviously enjoys that sorta thing, maybe even has a sexual attraction to it.
shit I've been trying to get a prom date for a few days now since its getting close to the end there have been canceled classes leaving me unable to find some of the girls on my list, some of the girls have been sick, some have been asked at the last second I wouldn't be too worried about it except that I'm leaving for two days to visit a college, so I have to wait until friday to ask someone, and I'm nervous that all my options will be taken by then [editline]24th April 2012[/editline] oh and before I get the facepunch angst "screw prom it doesn't matter!!" i would in fact like to go, I think I would enjoy taking a date even as just friends, and I already bought tickets (there was a deadline) [editline]24th April 2012[/editline] I guess my actual question is about it being worth just calling/texting/using facebook to ask someone I don't want to do that but I also don't want to push it off until friday
If you absolutely can't ask in person then do it over the telephone. That's what I did for my senior prom, since the girl I asked lived in another city and at the time I couldn't go to ask in person. Don't text/facebook it though, that'd just be silly/lame. [editline]24th April 2012[/editline] And don't be in a rush to get any date you can find. Decide who your first choice is and ask them when you get an opportunity. It's not a race.
[QUOTE=thisispain;35704147]he obviously enjoys that sorta thing, maybe even has a sexual attraction to it.[/QUOTE] He doesn't. In the end, he literally gets buttfucked by them not caring about him and gets drunk and high out of his mind.
wrong use of the word literally
poor guy
right now i'm having trouble discerning whether or not i still have feelings for someone i honestly don't know if i do or not
after some slightly successful attempts of talking to this particular girl, I know have her friend added on facebook(she doesn't have a facebook from what I can find out). I was going to ask her friend if she was single(even tho that was really obvious), but I don't want to just jump straight on the relationship train, I want to actually know her a bit more.
[QUOTE=dass;35704665]He doesn't. In the end, he literally gets buttfucked by them not caring about him and gets drunk and high out of his mind.[/QUOTE] that just shows that he's ashamed of it and engages in self-loathing destructive behavior. i don't buy that he isn't into that sorta thing, else he wouldn't go along with it.
[QUOTE=KnowProblem;35701065]I had a similar issue with my current gf, it turned out she was just busy and I was overtinking things. I don't think that dinner and a movie is too much at all. Try to remain pleasant and simply offer again at a later date when you feel it'd be safe. It's also a lot more persuasive to ask in person than over texting, don't know how big of a deal that is to you, but if you see her from day to day you should try again for a different date.[/QUOTE] Yeah, fair enough dude. I agree, I've decided I don't like texting much at all (and I fucking hate Facebook chat), it's just I very rarely see these people out (in fact the last time I saw her before the date, was the night I got her number about three weeks ago). If I do see her though I'll definitely ask again, and if not I'll probably just call her in a couple of weeks. I'm sure she was legitimately busy, it's just part of me is thinking that I might have just misread the entire first date, but that's probably just overthinking like you said. I'll see how it goes, thanks.
And now my mind brings up the question "wouldn't it be better for me to hand her a note with my number on it than to ask her friend on facebook over it?"
uhh, dont do either of those things, they both seem creepy/desperate. you can get her number through casual conversation
[QUOTE=Dark_Light;35699563]She replies saying she's busy with uni work, which is totally understandable, but with no counter-offer or anything at all beyond "sorry!" I replied saying that's no problem, maybe another time, and she didn't say much else at all after that.[/QUOTE] Any other time of the year besides the end of April I would say she was blowing you off. However, with the closing of university classes looming extremely near, it is entirely possible that she, like me, is swamped with the end of the year papers that are all due the week before finals week. I'm not sure what the school system is like in Australia, but if it's similar to the collegiate system in the United States, I would cut her some slack and ask her for a time that works best for her.
[QUOTE=Dark_Light;35699563]Well, I got lunch in the city with one of the girls I've mentioned here previously (this was almost a week ago now). The weather was great, lunch was good, conversation was light-heated, and the art gallery was a lot of fun. We didn't have enough time to finish going through the gallery so we talked about coming back on a day when we had more time, and also joked about seeing Titanic 3D together. Basically, I felt the day went pretty well and that a follow-up was likely. We chatted that night on Facebook for a while as well so I definitely felt as if this could be going somewhere. Anyway, I texted her tonight, "Yo Cara! Dinner and a movie next Saturday?" Didn't think much about it tbh, was feeling pretty confident that a second date would be in the bag. She replies saying she's busy with uni work, which is totally understandable, but with no counter-offer or anything at all beyond "sorry!" I replied saying that's no problem, maybe another time, and she didn't say much else at all after that. So, I'm not really sure. I'm not that fussed about this but I was genuinely looking forward to spending more time with her. Was the 'dinner and movie' date too much too soon for a second date? For now I'm just going to leave it and get on with my own shit and contact her again in a couple of weeks and see what's up. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE] Couple of weeks is too much. Unless she's your gf, you need to take into account attraction fades. Call her up in a day or two. Also, setting up a date, the night after (the date), for a week in advance pretty much tells her you got more than enough time for her. Doesn't nessecarily mean you've lost her, no, but as a woman she might be pushing you off more to get a feeling of the "chase". Don't expect her to offer much at this point and you shouldn't care either as she's not yours. Call her, as I've said a couple of days from now, talk for a while and tell her to come with you somewhere interesting.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.