• The Super Friendly Social and Love Advice Thread v3 - February
    10,002 replies, posted
Omg. I made a friend in my class today :> I think. He just copied my notes
i'm kind of hoping to work with the guy who sat next to me today in my chem lab. he seems pretty young, fresh out of high school or dual enrolled i think, and totally clueless about college science labs. last semester i had a lab partner who wouldn't let me do anything myself, so i'm looking forward to doing more of the work this time around.
so far uni has been a lot more fun than high school i walked in on a huuge group of freshman getting some lecture from their dorm advisor guy and as they were all staring at me i managed to make everyone laugh and i felt like a real smooth-talker! also i made friends with a sassy gay black guy actually not sure if hes gay he just talks that way (and he could maybe not be black just really really tan??)
"Gay and black........ may actually not be gay OR black"
Uni is far more fun than high school. The lack of seating plan, the availability of free time, the whole feeling of the place makes it feel like a giant upgrade to high school. I can't wait to start second year on the 6th :>
i like college a lot better than high school. to some extent, most students in college (slightly less in community college than a 4 year though) are there willingly because they want to continue their education, whereas in high school most students don't give a damn about learning and are just forced to be there. plus when i was in high school, the material we were studying in class would get dragged out a lot until even the dumbest kid in the class who never studied on their own time understood it. in college you're responsible for yourself and your grades are based on knowing the material, not how much pointless busywork you're willing to humor your teachers with.
I dunno, I've had some college teachers who [I]really[/I] like pointless busy-work. Then again, I'm in an underfunded community college. So...!
Uni is great until you get your exams and realize going to class would have been a better idea instead of getting shitfaced all the time and sleeping for weeks :( Currently redoing almost all of my exams when everybody else is having fun and going on trips and stuff. Then again I've had my fair share of fun during the year so I can't complain. Going to change my habits though next year.
uni is great if you do a course you're actually interested in instead of plodding along doing history because you managed to get a B in it at a-levels like every other chump
[QUOTE=x_xPwntx_x;37436837]I occasionally lurk this thread but I don't think I've ever posted here. Now, I have a problem... I've been in a relationship for a little while. Close to... a few months I believe? 2-4. But then she broke up with me and explained - quite well, actually - why we shouldn't be together. It made sense, but that did nothing to make the pain any easier. It was horrible. I ended up crying at least once a day for a week, but eventually I had begun to get over it. We ended up getting back together and I've been trying to act like everything's normal, which it is, but the problem is that I don't completely feel 100% into it like I used to be. What I feel like it boils down to is if I should try to stay and work on getting my feelings back or talk to this about her or break up. Option #2 obviously seems like the best one, but I'm scared... I'll basically be admitting that I may or may not have been lying to her this whole time we were together, and she'll get so sad and stuff... That's why I feel like I'm in favor of things that involve me solving this on my own and haven't said anything about it yet. I don't know what to do though... It's like... I'm doing things I never would have when we were originally together. I flirted once with someone else and, when I feel committed, that never happens. That was the real eye-opening moment for me. So... um... yeah... advice?[/QUOTE] You're going to make her more unhappy if you stay. You're hearts not in it. Evidence is that you're flirting with others - you won't stop yourself because your heart's not really in it so you should break up with her. Anyway you've been in a relationship for 2-4 months, that is a paltry amount to be getting so worked up over - she'll be fine.
[QUOTE=djshox;37422147]i'd say i'm sorry to hear what happened, but i'm happy for you dude she's out of your life, now you can focus on making yourself happy, now you can fight off throngs of girls who want you, hang out with your friends and enjoy good company, and remind yourself you had more integrity than to lie and cheat[/QUOTE] Thank you. We're out of eachother's lives, and i feel much better now.
Wow, so uh its been awhile since I've posted here. My partner recently left college, while I'm excited for her and want her to succeed there I can't help but feel worthless now. It hasn't even been a week yet and I'm losing all my shits. Having panic attacks almost every day for hours at a time, can't sleep. When I do sleep I have awful nightmares about her. Now she's meeting all these new people that I don't know anything about, and now we only manage to talk either really early before classes start or way late at night when she's about to call it a night. I text her and get no texts in return. I guess she's just really busy, but I can't help but feel anxious. We've set aside Saturday's to be our day to see each other, but recently I was driving around some friends of mine, my partner and one of her friends, and her new friend keeps trying to make plans on the weekends we get to see each other and leave me out of those plans. It just makes it extremely awkward and makes me feel even more useless. I just feel so worthless like I could be replaced at any moment by anyone, my self esteem is just shot. It doesn't help that the majority of my friends are senior's in high school, too busy to really do anything or talk to me. So I've got nobody to talk to, friend or partner wise, all I do right now is sit at home and stare at a wall while my mind rushes and panic attacks start setting in. I start college back up tomorrow, and I also had an interview yesterday and will know if I get hired tomorrow as well. Maybe that'll help, maybe not. I've already scheduled a doctor's appointment to get seen about my anxiety, but I have no idea what'll happen with that. Sorry for the wall of text, I just figured it would be better to get my thoughts out on paper, so to speak, instead of bawling in my room for another day.
maybe it's time to let her go? if you guys really care about each other you could call her and talk to her about it, but from what you've said it seems like you're afraid to talk to her about it. my advice would be to suck it up and talk to her, and if she calls it off then she calls it off. if you're in the UK then you're what, under 18? and if you're in the US you're between 18 and 23? depending on what you call college. either way, you're young, there's plenty of time to find another person. it's not worth being anxious over.
That worries me. I'll be leaving for Uni next year and leaving my girlfriend here. I'm pretty sure I could handle being away from her, I just don't want her getting sad and lonely like that........
[QUOTE=x_xPwntx_x;37436837]I occasionally lurk this thread but I don't think I've ever posted here. Now, I have a problem... I've been in a relationship for a little while. Close to... a few months I believe? 2-4. But then she broke up with me and explained - quite well, actually - why we shouldn't be together. It made sense, but that did nothing to make the pain any easier. It was horrible. I ended up crying at least once a day for a week, but eventually I had begun to get over it. We ended up getting back together and I've been trying to act like everything's normal, which it is, but the problem is that I don't completely feel 100% into it like I used to be. What I feel like it boils down to is if I should try to stay and work on getting my feelings back or talk to this about her or break up. Option #2 obviously seems like the best one, but I'm scared... I'll basically be admitting that I may or may not have been lying to her this whole time we were together, and she'll get so sad and stuff... That's why I feel like I'm in favor of things that involve me solving this on my own and haven't said anything about it yet. I don't know what to do though... It's like... I'm doing things I never would have when we were originally together. I flirted once with someone else and, when I feel committed, that never happens. That was the real eye-opening moment for me. So... um... yeah... advice?[/QUOTE] Actually Option #3 looks like the best one. Why'd you break up? [editline]28th August 2012[/editline] shitfuck wrong page [editline]28th August 2012[/editline] oh it was on the last one whatevs [editline]28th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=D0C H.;37446334]That worries me. I'll be leaving for Uni next year and leaving my girlfriend here. I'm pretty sure I could handle being away from her, I just don't want her getting sad and lonely like that........[/QUOTE] chances are the relationship'll end and she'll find other people, don't worry
[QUOTE=Mobon1;37446427] chances are the relationship'll end and she'll find other people, don't worry[/QUOTE] You know..... that actually doesn't help at all........
[QUOTE=ventilated;37445991]maybe it's time to let her go? if you guys really care about each other you could call her and talk to her about it, but from what you've said it seems like you're afraid to talk to her about it. my advice would be to suck it up and talk to her, and if she calls it off then she calls it off. if you're in the UK then you're what, under 18? and if you're in the US you're between 18 and 23? depending on what you call college. either way, you're young, there's plenty of time to find another person. it's not worth being anxious over.[/QUOTE] I don't really have an issue talking to her. To be honest, I think its just the rush of her being a new college student, being busy and all that. Its just this is the first time I've ever felt so alone and its killing me, I just have no idea what to do and I feel overwhelmed with hopelessness, the future is just so uncertain. She went through a similar situation last year when I started college and picked up a job on top of it. Lots of anxiety, feeling alone just utter hopelessness. She got much better after we talked for a few weeks about it and then she got put on medicine which really helped. I'm hoping to do the exact same thing, and aside from that, we've been dating for a year and a half now. I'm not one to just be able to cut people out of my life like that, especially someone whom I love very dearly. [QUOTE=D0C H.;37446334]That worries me. I'll be leaving for Uni next year and leaving my girlfriend here. I'm pretty sure I could handle being away from her, I just don't want her getting sad and lonely like that........[/QUOTE] So far it's been tough, but it really doesn't help that I suffer from severe anxiety already, this is just really making me lose my shits. Whenever I get to see her I'm fine, normal, my mind is at ease. But on days like these I just have nothing to do all day I let my mind wonder, which is probably the worst thing you can do. She's close enough that I can visit her, I just don't want to invite myself over to her dorm, ya know? Anyways, I'll talk to her this Saturday and get things out in the open. I'm fairly sure she'll understand since she had a similar last year. Just for reference, I just turned 20 and she's turning 19 in a few months. Sorry if I'm sounding insane yet.
[QUOTE=D0C H.;37446594]You know..... that actually doesn't help at all........[/QUOTE] mobon worded it pretty badly. usually relationships will end when they become long distance, but if it happens it'll probably happen naturally over time. you'll both just gradually move on and it probably won't hurt.
We both knew my plans to go to Uni before we even got together, but things happened anyways. Neither of us were looking for a relationship, we just kinda fell into each other's laps and things have been going amazingly well. So I don't want to cut it off before I go just because theres a chance things wouldn't work.....
IMO you don't need to. if long distance doesn't work the relationship will just phase out naturally, just stay together and see how things work out.
I know about 4 people that keep up relationships in uni/college with boyfriends back home. But they're stressful. More than a normal relationship. Just requires more work.
We're both older, so I think we'll be able to handle the stress, otherwise I would have ended it. I just hope she doesn't get too lonely here........
I read something like this a few back but didnt see an answer. So this girl whos okay is kinda flirty with me in person and she always talks to me in person but she barely responds to my texts. Ultra short messages... She tells me she "just doesn't like texting" ???
um, so she doesn't like texting. don't overanalyze it..
maybe she... [I]just doesn't like texting[/I] which i wouldn't take as a sign of anything. base your judgements on how she reacts to you in real life, not through texts
[QUOTE=Mitchell4500;37448284]I read something like this a few back but didnt see an answer. So this girl whos okay is kinda flirty with me in person and she always talks to me in person but she barely responds to my texts. Ultra short messages... She tells me she "just doesn't like texting" ???[/QUOTE] Maybe she genuinely doesn't like texting or sees it as an inconvenience? You like her, ask her out. Sorry for the cookie cutter response but that's pretty much it. lol I didn't refresh the page RATE ME LATE
[B]Optimistic over-analysis:[/B] "I don't like texting" meaning "I want you to ask me out so we can spend some time together in person."
so i moved away from home 6 hours north to tallahassee, fl for college last weed and idk if i can handle this i miss home so much, i miss my family (which is funny because my dad calls me like 5 times a day and i get really annoyed when he calls) my dog, my friends, the beach, the tropical type laid back surroundings, everything about south florida. idk if this girl (you can see it all in the girlfriends thread) is the main driving force between this or not but i miss her an incredible amount. here im struggling with parking and always in fear of being towed since i never got a parking spot, scared ill do shitty in my classes, having literally no money and my parents dont want me having a job etc. sure ive made friends with my roommate and his friends and we drink and have even gone to some frat parties but even with the parties, im still really sad. i know i should just stick this through but its so hard i dont know what to do. im honestly miserable right now
okay. Im not a smart man. :downs:
[QUOTE=NuclearAnnhilation;37448772]so i moved away from home 6 hours north to tallahassee, fl for college last weed and idk if i can handle this i miss home so much, i miss my family (which is funny because my dad calls me like 5 times a day and i get really annoyed when he calls) my dog, my friends, the beach, the tropical type laid back surroundings, everything about south florida. idk if this girl (you can see it all in the girlfriends thread) is the main driving force between this or not but i miss her an incredible amount. here im struggling with parking and always in fear of being towed since i never got a parking spot, scared ill do shitty in my classes, having literally no money and my parents dont want me having a job etc. sure ive made friends with my roommate and his friends and we drink and have even gone to some frat parties but even with the parties, im still really sad. i know i should just stick this through but its so hard i dont know what to do. im honestly miserable right now[/QUOTE] Its difficult i know, especially if its your first time seriously away fromhome. Hang in there though. It gets better once ypuve adjusted and set up a routine for yourself. It sounds to me like you need to go and explore. Find things you like meet new people take your mind off what you dont like and back home.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.