• Automotive Addicts Lounge V6 - Follow The Leader
    5,004 replies, posted
[QUOTE=lekkimsm;52603816]I do genuinely enjoy pictures and all, but is there anything wrong with using the thumbnail'ing [noparse][t][/t][/noparse] every now and then, if you have a load of pictures to post? I mean, my scroll wheel gets some sick millage in here, had to change bearings on it twice, since i got it.[/QUOTE] Or an Imgur gallery
Tagged imgur galleries are ultra broken and ruin mobile browsing
[QUOTE=Grenadiac;52605056]Tagged imgur galleries are ultra broken and ruin mobile browsing[/QUOTE] Hyperlinks are still a thing last I checked on the internet
I thumb because I'm to lazy to resize. And I am moving to Phoenix, so I've been pursuing Craigslist for a new project. I was set on either the aforementioned 630csi with a M30B34 swap, or a super cheap Volvo 240. But then I decided to expand the search area and found an 82 Corolla with a rebuilt boosted 3-TC. I always loved the E70s because of how light they are and how expansive the aftermarket is for them. Plus I can part outy MR2 for use in the Corolla
[QUOTE=SirKillsAlot;52599810]While I'm not advocating joe rocket the new highschool hotshot to go buy an R1 as his first bike, limiting riders by cc has always ticked me off. I feel it is even more dangerous having a bike that can barely cruise at a highway speed limit than just having a reasonably fast bike. Although rare, I've had a situation where I needed to hard throttle my way out of a bad situation, e.g. I was stopped alone at an intersection, car coming up behind me, my light turns green, car doesn't seem to want to fucking slow down, I gun it and he slams his brakes at the last possible second (was probably texting) both actions barely saving me from being destroyed. Similar thing happened on the highway as well by someone crossing three lanes of traffic while driving like a mong 20mph over the speed limit behind me, but he clearly didn't see me across [i]three fucking lanes of traffic while I was passing a car[/i]. I had to gun it into the median brake down lane while he panic swerved right up my ass beside me, then drove off again like a looney.[/QUOTE] I agree, and that's why even though my Grom can get up to 75-80mph, I avoid taking it on the highway at all costs. It can reach those speeds, but there's nothing left over after that if I need to get away. If I have to slow down suddenly, I can't get up and going rapidly so someone not paying attention could easily blast me from behind as I crawl from 40mph to 75mph over the course of a minute. I don't ride much faster on the Ducati, but it gives me peace of mind knowing I have the juice to get out of there in a jiffy when/if I need it.
3.4 CuFt on a PSI platform 2 is gonna bang you just running 1200 to it to test or is that your final wattage if so what are ya running it off of? also that box is nice makes me smile when I see people put subs in a proper enclosure instead of whatever 20$ pawnshop box they can find
[QUOTE=PandaJuggernaut;52605349]3.4 CuFt on a PSI platform 2 is gonna bang you just running 1200 to it to test or is that your final wattage if so what are ya running it off of? also that box is nice makes me smile when I see people put subs in a proper enclosure instead of whatever 20$ pawnshop box they can find[/QUOTE] I can't understand this post, what is this about? Is this a drugs thing?
[QUOTE=Trekintosh;52605485]I can't understand this post, what is this about? Is this a drugs thing?[/QUOTE] Car audio, basically the same thing
[QUOTE=Code3Response;52605077]Hyperlinks are still a thing last I checked on the internet[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Grenadiac;52605056]ruin mobile browsing[/QUOTE] But I personally don't have high hopes for Imgur not getting worse.
[QUOTE=Trekintosh;52605485]I can't understand this post, what is this about? Is this a drugs thing?[/QUOTE] lol yeah as zombii said car audio basically the same thing as drugs also when i started that post it was much closer to the post to which I was referring lol
Gmcs may have been similar or more basic in the past idk, but now they're just chevy pickups and suvs with more chrome and a nicer interior.
A contractor I worked for had a 2000 GMC truck that he bought second hand and had seen hell yet survived a long damn time surprisingly. At one point Chevy was the cheap working brand and GMC the "professional grade" but that is no longer really true. Only difference now is like said above, just more chrome and fancy trim levels.
That kind of shit has always annoyed me.. Chevy/GMC.. Chrysler/Dodge. When a brand doesn't have a vehicle that they have only for themselves what's the point of even having 2 distinct brands? Other than for the idiots who come into my shop and I go.. "Ok.. Silverado.. let's see.." only to be interrupted and they go "NO. It's a GMC Sierra" Then I roll my eyes hardddddd
pulling the craigslist ebay buyer protection scam ("i'm in the national guard so i can't really show you the car i'm deployed in texas but if you send me the money you'll get 5 days with the car to check it before i receive the payment") doesn't really work so well when you've got a friend in the national guard and can tell you that you're not a real person
I wouldn't even waste my time responding let alone considering that ad
Can someone smarter than me explain what kind of wear this idle causes to my engine? I was just messing around with my idle and this sounded pretty funny :v: [vid]https://my.mixtape.moe/bqloyk.mp4[/vid] yes, that ugly can is gone
[QUOTE=clutch2;52606902]That kind of shit has always annoyed me.. Chevy/GMC.. Chrysler/Dodge. When a brand doesn't have a vehicle that they have only for themselves what's the point of even having 2 distinct brands? Other than for the idiots who come into my shop and I go.. "Ok.. Silverado.. let's see.." only to be interrupted and they go "NO. It's a GMC Sierra" Then I roll my eyes hardddddd[/QUOTE] Ford did that with Lincoln and Mercury and Ford all at the same time. They killed Mercury because I bet they were just cannibalizing their own sales between the three. Badge engineering is a hell of a drug.
[QUOTE=Code3Response;52606988]I wouldn't even waste my time responding let alone considering that ad[/QUOTE] they didn't reveal the scam worthy stuff until I emailed them
Got some new stuff today! Hood, trunk and doors. All polyester! Going to be LONG LONG weekend of sanding and painting. Going to be a pain in the ass to make it all fit right and nice. [img]http://i.imgur.com/ieJswza.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xva7fwF.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Tiw4BXh.jpg[/img]
Mm nice light parts. My buddy towed over his 300ZX last night.. he had been doing a water pump and timing belt and wanted help putting it back together and check if he did the belt right. It wasn't timed properly..actually could feel a valve contact a piston as I was tuning it over with a ratchet. so I pulled the belt and retimed. Once it was all back together we fired her up and it ran funny. Cyl 1 no compression. Poor lil bastard, all we can figure is at some point it got turned over when it was out of time. Nice mistake.
Ouch. Talk about weight. During this entire project I can only have guessed what the total car (finished) will weigh. Realistically I have my hopes at sub 1050KG (About 2300lbs) But I'm aiming for sub 1000KG (about 2200 LBS) I know for a fact that it's possible. I know someone with a E36 coupe racecar that weighs 940KG (2070LBS) Let's hope for the best. (I have already made a document of everything that will lose weight in my next rampage of weight reduction)
Today I mucked around on the Volvo and put in a Grom AUX adapter and replaced these weird plastic bushings that hold the window glass to the track. Next is getting to the ship to diagnose AC and then some window tinting. I got a lot to do be for Thursday.
So i need a bit of help. I need a way to add a clock to my car. There is none at all in it. I really want it to look OEM, or at least not out of place too badly. I see a lot of options, but they all look so cheesy and out of place. Any ideas? Anyone else in this spot?
[QUOTE=FordLord;52609995]So i need a bit of help. I need a way to add a clock to my car. There is none at all in it. I really want it to look OEM, or at least not out of place too badly. I see a lot of options, but they all look so cheesy and out of place. Any ideas? Anyone else in this spot?[/QUOTE] what ancient car have you got that hasn't got a clock?
[QUOTE=Araknid;52610089]what ancient car have you got that hasn't got a clock?[/QUOTE] Got to be something before the mid-80s. Pretty much every car I've seen since then has a digital radio display with a clock at least.
[QUOTE=FordLord;52609995]So i need a bit of help. I need a way to add a clock to my car. There is none at all in it. I really want it to look OEM, or at least not out of place too badly. I see a lot of options, but they all look so cheesy and out of place. Any ideas? Anyone else in this spot?[/QUOTE] I never realized how much I like having a clock until I got my motorcycle, that barely has a speedo.
[QUOTE=Savage Octane;52610433]I never realized how much I like having a clock until I got my motorcycle, that barely has a speedo.[/QUOTE] My fix is to wrap my Pebble watch on the handlebars. Then I got a clock and a way to tell if someone called me. On the four wheeler, it does double duty as a speedo because a sensor or wire is broken. Probably more accurate anyway. :v:
[QUOTE=Demache;52610467]My fix is to wrap my Pebble watch on the handlebars. Then I got a clock and a way to tell if someone called me. On the four wheeler, it does double duty as a speedo because a sensor or wire is broken. Probably more accurate anyway. :v:[/QUOTE] What kind of pebble you got? I got a pebble time steel and its almost critical while riding my motorcycle.
Speaking of motorcycles, here's the new Harley Fatboy. It's so fucking pretty and futuristic. [t]https://i.imgur.com/9zSbapy.jpg[/t]
[QUOTE=Araknid;52610089]what ancient car have you got that hasn't got a clock?[/QUOTE] 1999 Subaru. Original radio had a clock. Previous owners spilled coffee on it and ruined it. Installed an aftermarket. Had a clock, but did not look original at all. I now have a radio from an '03 Subaru. 03 models had external clocks, thus this radio has no built in clock. (Forester - mounted above rear view. Legacy/outback - on gauges. Impreza - own pod above radio). This radio is from a premium sound model and actually sounds really good. I paid $3.99, they go for $90 on eBay. It looks perfect in my car.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.