• General Discussion V4: POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR
    9,998 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Glitch360;35725245]In other words, 80% of people here have a boner for old cars and manuals, especially if they're combined[/QUOTE] I'm the opposite. I think old cars are underpowered and useless while manuals are just primitive. LETS FIGHT ABOUT IT.
[QUOTE=Second-gear-of-mgear;35727164]I'm the opposite. I think men are attractive LETS FIGHT ABOUT IT.[/QUOTE] Nah nothing to fight about :rolleye:
rarr [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/148958_10150850174052704_316573387703_11922862_1563558003_n.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=Ferosso;35728475]rarr [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/148958_10150850174052704_316573387703_11922862_1563558003_n.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] Don't eat me. :o
yey [IMG]http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/jomt1234/IMAG0707.jpg[/IMG] "Proof of driving license permit" (AMA1ABE) So now I can get a license for moped (AM), light motorbike (A1)(limited effect, no more than 25 kw and a ratio between efficacy and curb weight not more than 0:16 kw / kg), motorbike (A) and passenger car (B) with a heavy trailer (+E). Gotto book some driving practice lessons next week!
Came across a diesel motorbike last night. Pulled up next to a guy at the lights and could hear it clattering, had to ask him whether it was a diesel or a bit rough which I thought could have pissed him off a bit but turns out it was a diesel. Then the lights changed and he disappeared in a huge cloud of smoke. Surely a diesel kinda defeats the point of a motorbike? But he must be getting some crazy high mpg.
There was a lot of experimentation and conversions during periods of war, to make it easy to supply fuel for all the vehicles (as tanks and such are diesel) Also, referring to earlier in the thread. Who the hell needs a tachometer to know when to shift. My car doesn't even have one :v: Even if I'm driving a car with a tachometer I never look at it - I never looked at it while learning. Surely you can shift just by the feel of the power output and also the sound?
[QUOTE=Ferosso;35728475]rarr [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/148958_10150850174052704_316573387703_11922862_1563558003_n.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] I love miatas... should've bought a miata should've swapped ls should've had dropped and stretched (a bit, not mexicanflush style) should've bought a hard top for it should've made a cage should've track dat car
[QUOTE=Tezzanator92;35729820]There was a lot of experimentation and conversions during periods of war, to make it easy to supply fuel for all the vehicles (as tanks and such are diesel) Also, referring to earlier in the thread. Who the hell needs a tachometer to know when to shift. My car doesn't even have one :v: Even if I'm driving a car with a tachometer I never look at it - I never looked at it while learning. Surely you can shift just by the feel of the power output and also the sound?[/QUOTE] That's true to a certain extend but I've found when you're shifting right on the redline it helps to have a tach in order to get it right without hitting the limiter which'll slow you down. But for every day driving you don't really need one.
[quote]Track T-800CDI has an 800 cc three-cylinder CDI common rail turbo diesel engine developed by Mercedes especially for the motorcycle, and has a fuel consumption of only [B]2.4 L/100 km[/B] The Track Diesel motorcycle produces 45 hp (34 kW) and 100 N·m (74 lbf·ft) torque in between 1,800 and 4,500 rpm, delivering a top speed of about 160 km/h (99 mph) and acceleration from 0–100 km/h (0–62 mph) in 6 seconds[/quote] Doesn't sound bad at all
Would just be crazy having to shift at 4,500k rpm instead of 14K on a bike :v: Although a hugely torquey turbodiesel would be pretty cool on a bike.
Isnt max. 11k on most bikes ?
My friends ninja has the redline start at ~16k
[QUOTE=cNova;35730437]Isnt max. 11k on most bikes ?[/QUOTE] Far from it. Suzuki GSX R will sit at 14K all day, most sport bikes will [img]http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2001/Suzuki/GSXRimages/6_dash_600p.jpg[/img]
my moped had limiter at 13,5k
My friends AE86 revs to 11k.
my old rm125 had not limiter (was two stroke) but it wouldn't rev above 13,5k. And even getting there was painful
[QUOTE=Glitch360;35722266]You gotta buy stuff on craigslist quick, some things on there are gone within minutes of the ad being put up[/QUOTE] True to form. I was looking at this 1993 240 that was garaged all these years with low mileage. Being sold for 2K USD and it was sold within hours of being posted up. I even set up the next day to go talk to the guy and look at the car. But no, it was gone D: They've got Craigslist campers, businessmen, track guys and shop gurus camping on good deals they see. So when this 240sx came up for $1,300 you bet I called him within the next minute and got it the next day
So I need an oil change. I use full synthetic, and my focus takes 5W-20, but what brand is best/better-than-most? I want to get the high mileage formula, cause she's pushing 93K. Any ideas?
93K? that's hardly even the break in done
[QUOTE=Glitch360;35720177]Someone think of a car-related title for me, they're only $1 right now[/QUOTE] money in -> <- apex seals out :v: That'd be more appropriate for justin though.
boost in --> <-- headgasket out wait, that's me
blowby in > < piston ringlands out [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] torque in > < delicious gear smoothie out etc etc
[QUOTE=Herr General;35732598]money in -> <- apex seals out :v: That'd be more appropriate for justin though.[/QUOTE] I was going to buy him one saying "I have a rotary because I couldn't afford a Mustang". Big pink letters in Comic Sans. Turns out paypal took a random-ass dollar out of my account leaving me with one dollar instead of two...
Ugh, neglected checking my brakes recently and of course, one is down to 0%. And then someone broke my tail light today too. Gonna put on the new brakes tonight and hopefully the rotors aren't too fucked (I expect they are though). And of course, all this happens the paycheque I have a new phone and have to fix my sister's car (It's finally fixed!) so I have no money for this shit. *Sigh* Such is life.
[QUOTE=Herr General;35732598]money in -> <- apex seals out :v: That'd be more appropriate for justin though.[/QUOTE] Yet surprisingly I lost a coolant seal before anything. And I still race it every weekend without any problems, other than the fact it burns coolant. Which is cheap anyways.
[QUOTE=Concur;35706532]What kinna truck you got? They rape you on that heavy part shipping man.[/QUOTE] Here's a picture from last winter. [img]http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407298_312287135474947_100000809904124_831742_1112196604_n.jpg[/img] 1988 Silverado. Manual everything except the transmission. Paid $1000 for it, and I had to get it towed home. After driving half way, about to turn to get on a highway, it died. We tried for nearly an hour to get it started, with starting fluid and jumper cables. The starter was about done on it too, so it took forever between cranks. It turned out the Dizzy cap was all corroded, but the bulb under the hood was busted, and I drove it home in the dark like an idiot. Me or my buddy couldn't see anything under the hood so we had to give up and go home. Been my daily for about six months now. [b]Edit:[/b] Grainy cellphone pics dawg
my sister's minivan be leakin' radiator fluid that thing's had so many repairs and it's only at 109k
I sat in the back seat of my blazer today, for the first time. That thing has a [I]lot[/I] of room in it. And the radio sound awsum in the back seat, because bass speakers are in the back, two speakers beside you, and 2 in front.
I need a Automotive title also.... VAG related please.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.