• General Discussion V4: POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR
    9,998 replies, posted
[QUOTE=sHiBaN;35764308]Get a 240SX like me. Pennies for repairs and it has the capacity to be upgraded to a beast later on. I'd get a 240 over the E30 just for the fact the E30 scares me how small it looks. Deathbox feeling when I drove my friend's E30. My 240 is over 22 years old now and the only basic repair I have to do to it is an intake hose replacement, clutch, coils and some interior stuff. But what car that old doesn't need parts replacements? Don't let popularity sway you; if anything that's a good thing because you can make friends. I have a couple of friends who have 240sx gangs of their own and they help me out where to get good deals on parts/repairs[/QUOTE] Alright, the only problem with a 240 is that they have been hard to find, although I guess it'll be easier to find one in the summer, or I can swing over to Vancouver to pick one up. I'll try and score a good deal in a Kouki S14 because well... *drool* but otherwise, an S13 would be dope too! [URL]http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1990-Toyota-cressida-rwd-_17021277[/URL] Oh god, if I had a garage...
[QUOTE=Protocol7;35769906]and if i get a nicer sporty car insurance. nuff said 19 y/o male driving a sports car. insurance gonna love that[/QUOTE] It's cheaper for me to insure my Corvette than it is to insure my Civic. And I'm only 21. Just saying. And C4 'vettes can be had for $3000-$4000 now. Just... saying. Y'know.
[QUOTE=bradley;35770471]It's cheaper for me to insure my Corvette than it is to insure my Civic. And I'm only 21. Just saying. And C4 'vettes can be had for $3000-$4000 now. Just... saying. Y'know.[/QUOTE] I don't like C4 'vettes
[QUOTE=Protocol7;35770484]I don't like C4 'vettes[/QUOTE] That's not the point. The point is that insurance doesn't necessarily rely on how fast it can go, what kind of engine it has, etc. Plus, atleast it's not a bike. Those get nailed by insurance. If you're super worried about insurance, the biggest question is: How many people crash in this type of car?
Buy a 4cyl RWD coupe/sedan up to 5k. Fun and economical. Why insure something so cheap if it costs a lot to insure. Just run with cheap third party.
[QUOTE=Tukimoshi;35770509]That's not the point. The point is that insurance doesn't necessarily rely on how fast it can go, what kind of engine it has, etc. Plus, atleast it's not a bike. Those get nailed by insurance. If you're super worried about insurance, the biggest question is: How many people crash in this type of car?[/QUOTE] To be fair I was kind of implying he should get a 'vette. Too bad he doesn't like the C4. They're pretty cool cars and totally worth the price. I love mine. I thought I would be disappointed but I'm not at all.
[QUOTE=bradley;35770471]It's cheaper for me to insure my Corvette than it is to insure my Civic. And I'm only 21. Just saying. And C4 'vettes can be had for $3000-$4000 now. Just... saying. Y'know.[/QUOTE] cost me WAY less to insure the supra turbo (2 door, sport car, I'm 19) than to insure a 2002 corolla
[QUOTE=bradley;35770695]To be fair I was kind of implying he should get a 'vette. Too bad he doesn't like the C4. They're pretty cool cars and totally worth the price. I love mine. I thought I would be disappointed but I'm not at all.[/QUOTE] I just don't like the aesthetic of sports cars out of that era. I don't know why. They just don't appeal to me.
[QUOTE=ThermalArc;35770701]cost me WAY less to insure the supra turbo (2 door, sport car, I'm 19) than to insure a 2002 corolla[/QUOTE] I've only heard of one Supra being crashed in my city, and it wasn't even someone I know, it just got posted on facebook because it was a beautiful supra and it got destroyed by some dumbass truck driver who blew a red. Whereas Corollas and Civics? Hell, those get flipped/totalled 'err day. Dumb Teenagers being like AW YEAAHHHHH TAKING THIS TURN AT 120 IN A FWD OH SHI- NOOOOO
to be honest, it should be the other way around. When I'm driving my rolla, its so slow and calm I'm not in a racing or sporty mood at all and will never be. while in the supra, I have 350whp+ with a incredibly fast spool and I like to power slide. lol insurance faggot
[QUOTE=Protocol7;35770720]I just don't like the aesthetic of sports cars out of that era. I don't know why. They just don't appeal to me.[/QUOTE] But they're sweet as hell [img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/corvette-1.jpg[/img] [t]http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvette-photos/data/588/1P1010071.JPG[/t] [editline]30th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=ThermalArc;35770854]to be honest, it should be the other way around. When I'm driving my rolla, its so slow and calm I'm not in a racing or sporty mood at all and will never be. while in the supra, I have 350whp+ with a incredibly fast spool and I like to power slide. lol insurance faggot[/QUOTE] It's funny actually, you're right. And the Supra is even worth more than a base '02 Corolla.
[QUOTE=bradley;35770903]But they're sweet as hell [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/corvette-1.jpg[/IMG] [t]http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvette-photos/data/588/1P1010071.JPG[/t][/QUOTE] In the off chance I can actually find one of those that looks anywhere that nice with low mileage in my pricerange... I'll get it, but it's not promising. Besides, I'm leaning towards a sedan since my family might use the car once in awhile for transportation. (4 people) [editline]30th April 2012[/editline] [url]http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2983530754.html[/url] That guy seems like a nice little deal though
Wait, so you can easily get a Corvette as your FIRST car in America? What the holy flying fuck
You can get anything as your first car provided you have the money That's definitely in my budget
-snip-
[QUOTE=Protocol7;35771147]You can get anything as your first car provided you have the money That's definitely in my budget[/QUOTE] I'd be flat out refused by the insurance companies if I wanted to be insured on something like that. Shit sucks.
I have doubts that they'd accept me too, but they'd be stupid to refuse my money. But I doubt I'll get a corvette since I want a more... fuel economical car.
Insurance companies here generally won't "turn you down" unless you're trying to insure some $100k+ supercar and you're like, 18. A Corvette worth $6000 is far from something they wouldn't insure for even a 16 year old. If you're going to attempt to get it, use Progressive.com to check on insurance. They have been the cheapest quotes for me, although my dad uses geico so I go with them for actual insurance. Only a little more pricey. Progressive also doesn't REQUIRE your Social Security number for a quote, so that's always nice. [editline]30th April 2012[/editline] Also that's a pretty sick corvette for the price.
How many miles can I expect to get out of it? I calculate that we'll put 12,000 miles/year on it, tops. So I guess it boils down to "will it last me the 4 years in college"
You can get quite a few miles out of pretty much any car as long as you regularly maintain it
That's a given, I just want to know the average lifetime of a C4 Corvette. For example, given similar maintenance records, 150,000 mi on a Civic is like 100,000 mi on a Taurus. So I wanna know how much that 122,000 mi on the red C4 is towards what is basically EOL.
It should last, I don't think they had any reliability issues on that generation. Even if something fails, they're cheap to repair. Our 99 Accord had almost 400k miles on it when it was totaled. Was Running strong until it met a hard object.
Yeah, hard objects don't interface well with other hard objects.
I know in a twin turbo system you need 2 waste gates, but do you also need 2 blow-off valves? (This would be a standard twin turbo set up, not just 2 redundant ones.)
[QUOTE=Koenigsegg;35772514]I know in a twin turbo system you need 2 waste gates, but do you also need 2 blow-off valves? (This would be a standard twin turbo set up, not just 2 redundant ones.)[/QUOTE] wrong, you can have only one wastegate (external) depending on your setup/manifold, but two wg make it simpler. no about the 2 bov, because both turbo goes into the same IC and TB
Fuck waste gates get dose
Got our insurance policy for next sixth months, 1854$ for full coverage on (Including collision etc) 98 Accord (2 Accidents) 99 Grand Prix (No Accidents) 98 Camry (One major accident)
[QUOTE=Protocol7;35771509]How many miles can I expect to get out of it? I calculate that we'll put 12,000 miles/year on it, tops. So I guess it boils down to "will it last me the 4 years in college"[/QUOTE] If you put money into it, don't expect the engine to need a re-build for a while. Even average reliability engines often last well past 200,000 miles. I often don't see re-builds until around 175,000 miles, so that car wouldn't need a re-build for atleast half a decade, if not a decade. And as long as you replace things that break, you shouldn't need any reason to re-build it. Change the oil regularly, etc etc.
My dad and I went to test drive a Porsche Carrera today. I was a great time.
[QUOTE=OogalaBoogal;35773574]My dad and I went to test drive a Porsche Carrera today. [B]I was a great time.[/B][/QUOTE] [img]https://breakpointservers.com/Smileys/sa/q.gif[/img] [editline]30th April 2012[/editline] [video=youtube;bG70TfkAdKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG70TfkAdKk[/video] delishis ferd
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.